Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 25, 2014
I would never suggest buying this item. Yes it looks eye appealing however the box they pack all the candy into is very flimsy and has lots of filler, cardboard shreds, and cardboard pieces. For how much they want for this item you get one piece of double bubble candy, one piece of bit o'honey, etc. Not at all worth the cost for this item and the amount of filler in it. In trying to get the box out of the shipping box the handle actually ripped apart and the candy spilled on the floor, so now an additional purchase needed to be made to contain the candy. Plus another purchase to add on to this gift as it is not worth the money paid for it. The candy in the box is very hard, and i hope some of it will actually be able to be enjoyed.This is a very disappointing purchase not only from this vendor but also for Amazon to allow this from a quality control perspective.
on June 22, 2016
I bought this as a last minute gift in a hurry. It is "ok", but would not buy it again. Package contains about $5-$10 worth of candy you can buy at the dollar store, just packaged in a paper box. Not worth the $40 price tag. (Sorry). Maybe I am just not into gift baskets.
on May 8, 2014
My parents loved it. This was their gift for Christmas, and when they opened it the whole family stopped opening gifts. We all peeked at what was inside and my parents shared memories of the "good ol' days".
on July 17, 2013
Ordered Candy Crate's 1950's candy gift box for my dad's upcoming birthday and I'm pretty disappointed with the selection. The box has many small pieces of cheap candy (ex: individual pieces of salt water taffy,25 cent packs of Mike & Ike's, small Necco wafer packs,flavored toothpicks?). Beyond that, the pack of candy cigarettes were broken to bits and missing most of the candy itself. The decorative box was banged up, as there was no bubble wrap or anything inside the cardboard shipping box to protect it. I still plan to give it as a gift, but I won't be ordering from Candy Crate again, simply disappointed overall and not worth the price paid.
on March 22, 2015
I was very thrilled with this!😇I am not able to get out that much due to illness, so was very happy with the cute box and the nice selection of candy.There were some that I recognize and some I will be happy to try.I have tried similar boxes that were way smaller for the money and less candy.
on December 31, 2013
Gave this gift to my mother for Christmas and she loved it at first. When she decided to eat the mike and ikes they were hard and not soft and chewy just as an example.. Some candies were still edible. Will not be buying these or anything like it again. Shame on Amazon for selling such an outdated product. They should know how long a product has been sitting in there warehouses and not sell them. If I do decide to buy this again it sure won't be from Amazon.
on January 24, 2012
I thought it was weird that my sister had not contacted me with a "thank you" a month after this was sent. It turns out that they never included a gift card! Sooo, my sister did not know who sent the candy until I asked. She said the packaging was nice and the candy brought back many pleasant memories, except that most of the candy was stale & hard. She said she liked the "crispy" jelly beans, but had a hard time chewing the "leather like" bazooka bubble gum. Although definitely stale, she said she enjoyed the present and ate the candy anyway...
on December 31, 2015
My father in law loved this! Probably cheaper to try and buy the candy individually BUT kept me from doing the work and huge hit!
on July 13, 2016
We got this for my grandfather as a welcome home from the hospital present. Everyone in the house loved it and were all reminiscent of all the old candy. It was definitely a huge hit!
on May 17, 2011
I bought this for my grandmother for mothers day (she grew up in the 50s) she likes candy more than flowers so I bought this...she loved it, it made her day! She said she remembers all of the candy they use to have and it made her feel like a kid again..it also didn't come with a receipt(you have to click a box that says no receipt when your checking out..I was worried about that because I didnt want her to see) but anyways, this is an excellent buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question