Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 3, 2015
I have 6 cats with three of them being long hair so problems with fur balls is an understatement even with brushing and I was unsure about buying this cat food because some of my cats can be "picky" eaters. So far I have fed them two cans on two seperate occasions in the past 7 days spacing this food with their normal soft food and WOW not a one tried to bury it but scarfed it down. I have yet to see all 6 of my cats love the same can of food but this is a favorite for them. I haven't had but one issue with a furball on the carpet and it was from my yellow tiger and his fur is extremely long but so far so good.
4 helpful votes
on November 6, 2013
My one cat suffers from hairballs and had been throwing up constantly. I switched him to this hairball control cat food and Purina One Cat Sensitive System Cat Food, 16-Pound and also started giving him hairball control treats once a day. The difference is amazing so this combo seems to really be working. He now only throws up once every week to two weeks instead of every day. Both of my cats love this food and are clamoring to get it when it's dinner time. The smell isn't too "cat food-y" if that makes sense. There is no overwhelming pungent odor which I appreciate! Also, even though it's the same oz as some other brands I have tried, for some reason it seems like there is more in the bowl when I put this in there. Maybe this is because this isn't a congealed can shaped puck of food like some other wet foods and is more of a softer consistency? Not sure, but either way myself and my cats love this food.
6 helpful votes
on February 8, 2015
I recently decided to try my 14 year old cat on wet food, after feeding him mostly dry food his entire life. He had developed a vomitting problem, so I then started him with people food, chicken and rice, as per instructions on the ASPCA website. He did love that chicken breast, though not the rice. He gobbled up the first canned food I bought him, another brand, which cost over $4 a can at my local grocery store. We are not close to any super-pet stores, and the local little pet store was closed due to a blizzard. Eventually, this food arrived from Amazon. Cat initially turned up his nose at it. My child had the clever idea of sticking some of his old food in it, to attract him to it. Before we knew it, he was gobbling up the entire serving. I just wanted to post this, as some of the negative reviews complain that the cat would not eat it, so perhaps this could be helpful. I do notice that the instructions suggest "transitioning" from the old food.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on February 4, 2013
I love this product. Ever since I got my siamese cat as a 6 month old she had horrible problems with hair balls. Other products just did not help the problem. I tried this cat food which she just loves and have not had another problem since. She's been on it for over a year with wonderful results. I would highly recommend it to anyone with this sort of problem with their cat. My cat is now 5 yrs. old and is still doing great on this cat food.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Sewingon January 17, 2016
The cats love it and they are on the SD hairball control dry food too. Our cats are long-haired and haven't coughed up one hairball since we put them on the hairball control 100%. At one point we were trying to feed some other canned food in there too, but the male cat would cough up hairballs even with us brushing them everyday. He's fine now and we don't brush them as much.
on July 30, 2017
My cats do not like the new product as well as they did the old one. Some days they eat only half or less. I keep using it because of the hairball control feature which I think they need.
0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 10, 2017
After several months of delivery I agree there is no quality control of this cat food. Some months it's soupy and my cats gobble it down and this last delivery (of 2 cases) it was very dry. My cats are no longer eating it! Not good! Way too expensive to have cats waste.
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 23, 2017
Our finicky long-hair cat loves Hill's Science Diet Adult Hairball Control cat food, and we like it because it has kept hairballs to a minimum since our cat started eating it.
on June 3, 2016
This food has been my cat's food of choice for the past 2 years. And, for those two years, it did exactly what is stated it could do -- control hairballs. Nary a one in all that time. However, that is no longer the case. It seems likely that there has been a change to the formula when, in the course of two weeks, my cat coughed up hairballs on three separate occasion. Naturally, this happened after I purchased another case. Cats have the best timing.

So, in searching for a new quality food for my cat, I discovered that the Science Diet that I thought was a high quality product is anything but. When conducting research on which foods are the best sources of nutrition, I found that Science Diet doesn't even come close. It is filled with by-products and grains. Cats are obligate carnivores -- they are meant to obtain their nutrition primarily from meat, not grains. So, a food (like Science Diet) that is filled with the grains is not giving your cats the nutrition they needed. Plus, by-products (which can also be found in Science Diet) are not really meat -- they are animal parts that are not considered fit for human consumption (not substantial sources of nutrition, like meat).

So, my cat's problem with hairballs was actually a much needed wake-up call that propelled me to search out food that would truly benefit his health. Hairballs aren't the most, um, visually appealing sign but they did the job.
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 2, 2016
Cats love this and it helps with hair balls!!
2 helpful votes