Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hill's Science Diet Adult Hairball Control Savory Chicken Entree Minced Cat Food, 3-Ounce Can, 24-Pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School STEM

on December 5, 2012
My parents have a cat that goes through terrible allergic episodes where he throws up uncontrollably, breaks out on his skin, his fur falls out, and when he uses the litterbox, it stinks horribly. Thing is, they started to notice that this only happens after feeding him the good old grocery store brand, what I affectionately call "tails n' scales", catfood. When he eats the cheapo brands, it usually doesn't take long for him to start throwing up, breaking out, and losing fur, and sending everyone in the house on a mission to find deodorizing spray. However, when fed the Science Diet, he never throws up, and, he never gets hairballs, and thankfully, his use of the litterbox isn't smelly. Science Diet catfood is the one and only food that does not make him spin out of control with an allergic reaction. I recommend it to anyone. I firmly believe that most pet food manufacturers could care less what goes into their food. Not true with Science Diet, it is the one and only food that my parents will buy now. I highly recommend it to anyone.
on March 8, 2014
I have been conducting an informal survey on how well the Hill's Science Diety hairball formula cat foods control hairballs. I have a 20-lb black main coone cat with long hair. He hacks up the biggest hairballs I have ever seen. I bought him the dry Hairball Control Formula. So far, he is having hairballs about every two weeks. I just bought this food to see if it would do a better job at controlling his hairballs, in conjunction with the dry food, because he enjoys eating dry food, though I am trying to get him on a diet of wet food only. So far, he is very happy with the food and hasn't yet had a hairball. I will report back.
on August 22, 2011
I have an 18 year old Siamese cat who has developed hairball problems in the last year or so. She is pretty finicky, but likes this food. I can say that I have seen improvement in her health and well being since placing her onto this diet. The classic version of the food works well for my cat as she doesn't have a lot of teeth.
on February 4, 2013
I love this product. Ever since I got my siamese cat as a 6 month old she had horrible problems with hair balls. Other products just did not help the problem. I tried this cat food which she just loves and have not had another problem since. She's been on it for over a year with wonderful results. I would highly recommend it to anyone with this sort of problem with their cat.
on December 26, 2013
We switched to this because even with hairball gel each day, our kitty is still having hairballs. This seems to cut down on them, but not eliminate them. He likes it a lot, even though he won't eat some other purees.
on November 6, 2013
My one cat suffers from hairballs and had been throwing up constantly. I switched him to this hairball control cat food and Purina One Cat Sensitive System Cat Food, 16-Pound and also started giving him hairball control treats once a day. The difference is amazing so this combo seems to really be working. He now only throws up once every week to two weeks instead of every day. Both of my cats love this food and are clamoring to get it when it's dinner time. The smell isn't too "cat food-y" if that makes sense. There is no overwhelming pungent odor which I appreciate! Also, even though it's the same oz as some other brands I have tried, for some reason it seems like there is more in the bowl when I put this in there. Maybe this is because this isn't a congealed can shaped puck of food like some other wet foods and is more of a softer consistency? Not sure, but either way myself and my cats love this food.
on October 29, 2015
My cat has been eating this for years , but this case seemed different , color was a little off and my cat would eat some , but not all .So I picked up a few cans locally to see if it was my cat or something was wrong with this online food , she ate the locally bought cans completely , but when I tried giving her a can from this case again , she refused . My conclusion is , this was a very old case or something happened to it. The cost savings buying it online is pennies , so I will not order this again online.
on January 31, 2016
Tonight I opened one of these cans and there was a green moldy looking mass right at the top. I no longer feel comfortable feeding my pet from this shipment and I'd like a refund. Only a few cans are missing, the cat had refused to even eat those the past few nights which I thought was unusual but now seeing the green moldy looking chunk makes me wonder if there's something off about the whole box. I've never had this issue ordering pet food on Amazon before but this makes me question the safety.
review image review image
on August 3, 2015
I have 6 cats with three of them being long hair so problems with fur balls is an understatement even with brushing and I was unsure about buying this cat food because some of my cats can be "picky" eaters. So far I have fed them two cans on two seperate occasions in the past 7 days spacing this food with their normal soft food and WOW not a one tried to bury it but scarfed it down. I have yet to see all 6 of my cats love the same can of food but this is a favorite for them. I haven't had but one issue with a furball on the carpet and it was from my yellow tiger and his fur is extremely long but so far so good.
on May 4, 2014
I use this for hairballs. Only needs about 1/3 of a can a couple times a week, and easy to feed to the cats. They all like it, even the one who doesn't like canned food (only dry). Completely stopped the hairballs in my cat who had them a couple times a week.