Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 490 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 551 reviews
on March 23, 2017
Let me tell you about Monkey.

Monkey isn't a bad cat. He's a bit weird -- he likes to sing, he talks to and fights with my innocent houseplants, he snorts like a pig, and he likes to hang from things like a monkey, hence his name. Besides that, though, he's a sweet, weird little muppet (see pictures). There's one thing, though, that this cat loves more than anything in the world -- more than plant wars, hanging, and singing -- and that is eating.

He'll eat anything, all the time. And he's so excited to eat! He eats when he's hungry. He eats when he's not hungry. He eats because he sees the others eating, and wants to eat, too. He makes happy snorting sounds when he eats. It's his favorite thing. And no, he doesn't have worms or anything... he's just Monkey.

Any other cat food he'll eat way too much of, way too quickly, and then immediately puke. I tried separating him from my other cats. I tried feeding him and only him at specific times. I tried so many different kinds and brands of food. The end result was always the same. I don't know what it is, but with this cat food, he can be himself and puke so much less. Where it used to be at least a few times a day, now it's maybe once a week.

Maybe he enjoys this brand more, and so he eats it more slowly and savors it. Maybe he enjoys this brand less, and so he eats less of it. I'm not really sure; the data isn't reliable enough to make a statement about it. What is reliable, though, is the fact that he pukes so much less, and that's good for everyone.
review image review image
on December 4, 2013
I have two cats, one that has digestive issues. I tried everything, basic ingredient foods, probiotics from the vet, testing for everything under the sun. No idea what exactly is wrong with the cat, but most foods give him loose stools. (Sorry for the TMI, but it's relevant here). He would end up with some, uh, poop left on his back end after using the litter box and would walk around the house with it. If I caught him before he sat down, great, I could wipe it with a tissue. But no one's got time to chase a cat around the house, wiping it's rear. Plus, when I'm NOT home, yuck. I'd find where the cat had been sitting via a brown stain. Once on my bed. YUCK. So after trying several more brands, I read the reviews on the Hill's Science Diet Sensitive Stomach Dry Cat Food. I did the slow transition as you're supposed to do. Well the cats loved it. No problem transitioning over. And now! NO LOOSE STOOLS. No brown spots on the floor/furniture/my arm (ewwww). Please never stop making this food. Both cats love it and it's solved whatever mysterious digestive problem my cat has. Hooray!
on March 20, 2017
I use this for my cat that has numerous allergies to certain foods, fleas, and overly grooms herself. Her allergies seem to have gotten worse over time. This food has played a key role in stabilizing her skin outbreaks due to food allergies. Now we regularly bathe her twice a month, apply anti itch cream if she has a breakout, then put a small dog sweater over her so she can't lick it for a couple days...and she's finlly growing back hair in places she's been bald for the past year.
on February 22, 2016
There seems to be complaints about Science Diet, and one of my male cats did develop diabetes on a diet of Science Diet dry only. So insulin and tweaks in diet were necessary, more wet food, and less dry for starters. I tried other brands after doing the whole weaning off of one to start the other mix process. My other male cat started to have stomach issues, howling in pain and defecating as he was running to the litter box. Enter Science Diet Sensitive skin and stomach. The howling and accidents have stopped and with careful monitoring of wet and dry food amounts they are both doing well now. Not cured of diabetes though
on December 17, 2016
Helped my cats with digestive issues, dander, and shedding issues. My animals feel like soft bunnies now. One cat always threw up, another had dander (it was so gross and i tried all kinds of organic foods with oils for her and nothing helped) and was not gaining weight, and the third was balding and very ill. All three had their issues clear up within a month. They are healthier than ever 2 years later. Science diet, or miracle diet!??? I have my whole family buying this food now! LOVE IT. Also, they use the litter box less! So the money you spend on better food is balanced out because you don't have to buy so much litter! Winning.
on January 18, 2017
I had tried multiple different varieties of cat food trying to find one that didn't give my cat loose stools. Finally, something that works and he actually likes to eat! It's a bit pricey but on Amazon it's still way cheaper than any of the local places I've found. This 7 pound bag lasts him around 2 months.
on December 31, 2016
I have two cats and they would both throw up their food all the time. I tried many different food brands and this is the best I have found. It is also not very expensive compared to many other pet store brands. The only issue I was that, because this food has lots of grains, my cats were gaining too much weight. To solve this, I simply bought them a food puzzle so they do no overeat. Bonus- I've noticed that their poop does not seem to smell quite as bad with this food as others.
on April 30, 2017
After several different types of cat food, this was the first I found that didn't result in my cat vomiting every couple of days. Now we go months at a time between such messes around the apartment. We usually also use a "slow feeder", I think the one we use is called the "Catch", where she has to use her paws to dig the food out so that she eats a little slower, but even on the days when we feed her in a regular bowl she is able to keep this food down. When we adopted her, the shelter thought she was just a runt, but now she's "normal size" after eating normally for 9 months.
on April 12, 2017
Our cat really loves this, and its has cured his tummy problems! When we rescued him, he was having liquid stool pretty constantly, and even though the vet put him through several different types of medicine to cure gut bugs, nothing worked. He was on Prescription Diet to make his stool solid, but we were told you can only use that for a few days. After reading the reviews here, I grabbed this is dry and wet, and he loves both. Best of all, his tummy is settled and the problem is gone.
on January 22, 2017
Our cat had some intestinal problems early on after we adopted him and the vet recommended this. Ever since he's been eating it (approx. 9 months) and not only has he had no stomach problems, his coat also seems sleeker than when we first adopted him. He's always happy to eat this food as well.