Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 287 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 305 reviews
Enthusiast: Petson February 13, 2017
I bought this for my chihuahua
She is 1 1/2 and weighs 6 pounds
I brush her teeth but wanted to add
to her dental care so after
researching I decided to buy science diet
oral care. I've always fed my dogs
science diet . I still feed her her regular
food I just give her less and add a couple
pieces of the oral care. She loves it.
I was surprised when my 3 pound chihuahua was able to eat the nuggets as well. I was also happy. She's 12 years old and having issues with her teeth because she won't let me brush her teeth. I will update the results
review image
on February 18, 2015
Okay, seriously? Im not a big reviewer, but I HAD to write one about this food. I have a 5lb pomeranian named Cornuts. He is a pretty spoiled dog and too many people in his life feed him food (not me) so that he gets really picky about dog food I give him and will often not eat for days hoping to get human food.. :/. Anyway, he won't eat greenies so I started looking around for another alternative. and BOY DID I FIND IT!
First off let me say, this food is huge. When I got it I thought "how big could it be?" its really big. Its like the size of those oversized bubblegum balls you get in one of those machines. When I opened to bag (with a plastic velcro zip - INGENIUS, GUYS!! SO HANDY!) I actually laughed and thought he would never eat it....
The thing is, he totally loves it! and watching him eat it I can see how it is made to help scrub his teeth. He acts like every pellet is a treat. He takes it, goes to his "treat corner" and eats it, only to go back 10 times for more. I couldn't be happier with this food. His teeth are starting to look whiter and he seems to have more energy. I am ordering a bag to bring to my office and my boyfriends place and I will be telling everyone I know about it. YAHOO!!
on November 12, 2014
My mother is a CVT and insists that this is the best food for your dog unless you want to have their teeth cleaned every year. Since I don't want to put my dog under for something like teeth cleaning (it isn't necessarily good for your pet) and because she hasn't been under for anything else in the last few years, I do use this food. I have been feeding my dog oral care since she was a puppy (2008). She has always been happy eatting this food; her teeth have very little tartar; her coat looks great; and most importantly, she is healthy.

You will notice that the food is big chunks. My boston terrier (and my mom's shiba inu and llasa apso) have had no problems eatting the bigger chunks. Small breeds like miniature anything, chihuahuas, and shitzus may have problems eatting this food though.

I should also note that this food has a new formula. It does have a smell - not anything bad - just like dog food, but much stronger than it had been previously. I have gone through a few bags of this new formula with no issues. My dog still eats it up. The new formula kibble size is a little smaller than the original formula, but I think that small dogs would still be challenged by it.
on September 24, 2016
I recently bought a bag of the Hill's Healthy Advantage Veterinary Exclusive Oral + Dog Food from my Vet and my three dogs LOVED it.

I thought I was buying the same thing when I bought this, but it is definitely not the same as the Veterinary version of this food. My dogs turn their noses up to this food, and really refuse to eat it. I don't know if they would starve first or not, but they have no interest whatsoever in this food.

I was forced to order their all time favorite, Taste of the Wild Bison. I want happy and healthy dogs and think they should enjoy their food. I just hate to feed them the same thing, year after year. I do know that I won't buy Hill's consumer dog food again...but I can't say I won't buy from the Vet...they LOVED the expensive stuff....It is just a shame that a company makes a product that you can't buy without going to a particular Vet. My dogs are not snobs.
on April 1, 2016
I've been getting this food for my papillon for about two years now after my vet recommended it to me. Papillons tend to be prone to plaque and tartar build up on their teeth, so we want to be as proactive as we can to prevent it and minimize the need for costly dental cleanings.

The pieces of food are fairly big, they look like kibble for a large bred dog. This is apparently part of what makes them work, since my dog has to work harder to break up the large pieces to eat them and he uses his teeth differently than how he does when he eats his normal sized kibble. I actually don't even feed these to him as his normal food, I use them as treats instead. When I used to mix them in with his normal food he would just eat around them and leave them behind like a butthead. Now that I use them as treats he thinks they're special, so he'll actually eat them. Can't get the benefit of you can't get your dog to eat them, ha!

My dog goes in for a wellness check every six months, and at his last check up they said that his teeth were looking better. He will likely still need a cleaning by the end of the year, but he's three years old now and this will be his first one. I think that's pretty reasonable, considering that this breed could potentially need yearly cleanings. One small bag of this food lasts me an entire year, I just bought a new one and was shocked to see that I hadn't bought it for a year! So yeah, $12ish bucks for dog food vs $300+ for a cleaning... Total no brainer!!
on February 28, 2017
My dog loves it. She has a bit of a chipped enammel (we don't know if its a birth deffect or something happened during her puppy years) so we've been very careful with her teeth and have been fighting to keep them clean. Brushing was our first option but she's not a fan. After putting her on this food for about a month, we noticed that the plac build up had significantly decreased (more than brushing ever did). I thought "oral care" sounded gimmicky but it really does work. The only downside is that she still has her usual sweet and wonderful (not) puppy breath.
on April 3, 2017
Maybe half the size of a ping pong ball, I keep them in a cookie jar and offer them as rewards throughout the day. Most treats need to be somewhat limited, in my opinion, but I give him all of these that he wins (which is a lot). He still eats enough of his regular SD food which is available at all times. I love him a lot.
on August 28, 2016
Smells horrible and my Aussie still inhales the larger pieces, so that defeats the purpose. Would not recommend as a daily dog food (way better foods out there) but I have had success with the science diet oral care food for cats, so if your dog will actually chew these up it might be worth it to add to their regular food a few times a week or use as treats.
on February 11, 2017
Simply the best food for our Australian Shepard. She loves it and it's first ingredient is meat, followed by healthy veg and some grains. I love having the giant bag delivered to my door. I also use the big box flattened in my garden as a weed barrier, so win-win.
on September 5, 2015
I have 6 Maltese/Yorkie-Poo's and all 6 love this food. I am surprised because the pieces of food are the size of a tater tot. They been eating it for a few weeks now and I can't wait to order again!! I was feeding my dogs a brand from our local big-box store and realized that many of them have propylene glycol in them. That is the additive in antifreeze. I am not happy about that especially since it was deemed unsafe in cat food and taken out. They claim it is safe in dog food in moderation. Well my dogs only eat dog food so how could they get it in moderation. I changed to science diet because I remember when I got my 1st dog it is what my vet recommended. I know I am happy with the change since there is real food in this dog food instead of other questionable ingredients that will plague my dogs lives down the line. Worth every penny!!
review image