Best kids' books of February Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Amethyst Jewelry Deals and savings in Woodworking Shop Popular Services blacksails blacksails blacksails  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 92 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on November 30, 2008
I have purchased a number of different food gift baskets over the years online, and its always a little difficult to determine which one to get. You have to carefully read the content descriptions, as some baskets have a lot of "filler" items. This makes it appear that you are getting a lot of food, but its crackers and condiments. My father liked this basket, he said the salami and other things were of good quality, so I would recommend it to others.
I would really like to see more food gift baskets that were filled with more "hard" food items like meat & cheese and less "fluff"
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2010
I purchased this for my sister for Christmas, because she loves receiving food and gourmet baskets. This was my first order from this company. My sister said it was mostly filled with "fluff," and most of the products were stale. I would like to get a refund on this gift or send her a new one. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings, but she thought I would want to know. Nice basket, sis but almost everything was stale. Could this be last year's left overs? I would not reccommend this product. I give it an F for fraud advertising!
on June 28, 2008
I'm really sorry to have to say this, but I HAVE to be HONEST! This basket was filled with less then desirable processed food-stuffs, I felt like I got a basket of lies. Appealing at first glance ( i.e. the nice picture ), a closer examination and taste of the actual food inside left me disappointed at the army survival canned last-a-thousand-years-on-a-shelf "food" they call gourmet.
I'd say most reviews of these baskets are done by people who are being polite because they received these baskets as a gift. I, on the other hand, can be honest here because I am self-indulgent enough to buy one for myself.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2009
Sent this to my dad for Father's Day and got a note a few days later saying, "some of the items in it were pretty tastless. The formaggio e vino had no trace of vino whatsoever. Some of the cookies and crackers had no taste to speak of and were only useful to scoop up the formaggio which wasn't remarkable. Whoever sold this to you may want to rethink their source. The basket is nice, however!"

So much for a nice Father's day gift!
33 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2011
We sent this to our close friends of over three decades and they were kind enough to tell us the truth of what arrived. Here are excerpts:
"I do want to report something I believe you would want to know about though. The recent Christmas basket we received was.... more then disappointing! Except for the crackers...and there was quite a bit of them, the rest was 98% inedible!!

The sweets were a joke of over packaging and then non-edible at the end of the opening adventure! The one exception were the two individually wrapped tiny truffles in a box, that were okay. There was a big package with one chocolate dipped dried out cookie that was also in it's own wrap...also, not to be eaten. The raspberry, chocolate individually wrapped cakes were so dried up/dehydrated it looked like survival food.....And they tasted like pure chemicals and artificial flavors to boot!
Which brings me to the "meat" section of the basket.....
this was by far the worst. The stink of both the lobster and salmon "spread" filled the air with what smelled and tasted like fish flavored chemicals. Earl, Bob, and I tasted a small amount just to verify the smell....that was a bad decision on our part....we needed emergency food in our mouth to counteract the bad taste! They even sent the cats running in the other direction. The salami was so white it was scarey!

Now I have to say, we actually really did enjoy this basket because we spent the afternoon laughing hysterically over the experience....so thank you for that memory! I imagine, however, that was not your intention....so here I am, the "brave" one telling the hard facts of how no matter how much you paid for that basket, you got ripped off!"
on January 12, 2013
I sent this as a Christmas gift and was so embarassed when my friend, the recipient, opened it up and tried to eat the rancid butter cookies, the old solidified cheese spread, along with the rest of the out of date spoiled food items.. None of the items were edible. My friend was hesitant to tell me this as he did not want to seem ungrateful but decided to let me know so I would never buy from Art of Appreciation Gift Baskets again. I told him not to worry, never again.
on April 16, 2014
,This Basket is packaged so you the viewer will thinks its a bargain.. its not ,The picture is made to fool you in to thinking your at least buying a full size basket ,After all that the product is cheap ,,as well ..that have large boxes with small contents, Again packaged so the box is larger another cheap trick on the buyer .This puts a new meaning to the word buyer beware . .
on January 8, 2012
The Art of Appreciation Grand Edition was a FLOP! I sent it to my brother for Christmas. He told me it looked wonderful but there was VERY little there to eat! His wife ate the ONE cookie, they each got ONE truffle. It was all pretty package and no goodies. I feel so badly I am going to send them a restraurant gift card!
on November 24, 2012
I sent this as a gift to my sister. Each of the items in the gift basket was inedible, and the entire contents were thrown in the trash. I would not recommend that anyone buy this product and wish that I had known about this in time to get my money back.
on December 16, 2014
My husband and I moved away from our hometown and left my adult children and grandchildren behind. This was the first Christmas I have spent without them Because of the move during the holiday season, the best I could do was send them something from Amazon. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE PRODUCT REVIEWS BEFORE SENDING THIS PRODUCT. At great risk to my feelings, one of my sons told me how terrible it was. The funk of the spreads, the tasteless (unless stale is a taste) other products. Amazon, you need to loose this company.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.