Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 8932 Pro Diver Collection Silver-Tone Watch
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

on December 11, 2005
Purchasing the #8932 Invicta dive watch for a family member Christmas present - I've come away very much impressed. The 8932 apparently shares the case, crystal mineral glass watchface, screwdown crown and elegent lightweight stainless steel bracelet with it's more expensive automatic movement 8926 sibling. Matter of factly - it is hard to tell the difference between this watch and Invicta's $300+ 9937 Swiss ETA powered automatic diver without close inspection.

It is my humble opinion that Invicta is the leader of the affordable price dive watch market - including such giants as Seiko and Citizen - OK maybe even Casio. Invicta does not have the brand name awareness of the public and large commercial outlets to display their wonderful dive watches. Once you've purchased an Invicta Pro-Diver series watch - you will be a fan. The fit, finish, overall quality and design make this watch a model you should consider as a price range leader.

Case: The 316L brushed stainless steel case at 40mm (43mm with crown) once considered a large watch - is now an "average" size for dive watches. The stainless steel watchback might be annoying for those with nickel metal skin allergies - the mineral glass display or "exhibition" watch backs of the 8926 and 9937 being preferred by many divers. Mineral glass is not as scratch resistant as sapphire crystal as found in the 9937 - which can only be imprinted by diamond - but is "good enough" for average wear and certainly keeps the watch very affordable. A date "cyclops" or window is found at the 3 o'clock position. The watch is rated and tested to 200m (660 ft) - that which qualifies it as a "Professional Diver".

Bezel: The black bezel is a very scratch resistant, uni-directional (120 clicks to the hour) scalloped edge (like the Omega Seamaster) diving tool. A "coin edge" (like the Rolex Submariner) bezel is preferred by many divers - being less slippery to manipulate when wet.

Bracelet: Invicta's ss bracelet - with polished center links - is an industry standard - best compared to a Rolex Oyster bracelet for the Submariner series. It utilizes a foldover deployment clasp without a wetsuit deployment clasp as found on more expensive dive watch bracelets. Held together by pins - it is important to throughly rinse the bracelet after immersion in salt water.

Movement: The 8932 uses a quartz "asian" sourced movement. These will normally keep time +/- 15 second per week and are actually much more accurate than the more expensive Invicta 8926 Citizen/Miyota 8215 - 21 jewel automatic movements that can be a minute or more off each week. The 9937 uses a Swiss ETA 2824-2 25 jewel automatic movement reflected in it's $300+ price tag...Watch battery life varies as per movement source and battery quality. Most batteries should last 3-5 years according to Invicta users I know.

Conclusion: I am a big fan of Invicta dive watches. For the money, Invicta Pro-Diver series watches are an industry leader. Sourced among many different asian assemblers - the fit, finish and quality may vary somewhat from batch to batch - but the overall reputation among watch collectors of the Invicta Pro-Diver series is very high!

Why not 5 stars? My personal preferences are automatic movement watches - not quartz. The stainless steel back can irritate the skin of allergic individuals. Mineral glass crystal - used to hold the price - is prone to scuffing and minor scratching. Sapphire is too expensive for this category of watch. As a diver - I prefer a "sawtooth" or "coin" edged bezel to the scalloped bezel currently offered by Invicta. The bracelet offers no wetsuit deployment clasp - a feature absent in all Invicta divers thru the 9937 series. Some or none of these should prevent you from considering this watch or it's 8926 fraternal twin as your next dive watch.

Amazon and it's sellers do a good job to deliver the Invicta goods. All models come with a one year warranty - Invicta offering a 5 year warranty extension for a modest fee. I am the owner of 7 Invicta dive and chronometer watches. You can learn more about Invicta and other affordable watches sold by Amazon at
1717 comments| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2012
Update 1/3/2013 I gave this as a gift and I saw my nephew at Christmas and asked him how this watch was working. He said it was working great with no problems. He's tall and skinny, so I think this watch looks better on him than the larger, heavier Invicta automatic.

I'd read some reviews saying this watch would not keep time well. Not this one. It kept time perfectly (I checked it repeatedly with my cell phone). I wore this watch out last weekend and it looked amazing. Durability? Hmmm ...not sure yet. I'm not ready to dunk it in water. I really just enjoy wearing it dry, while it's still shiny and it works. The crown does not screw down on this Quartz model, so I am not sure if rough treatment (diving off boats, or wiping out while water skiing) in would be a good idea. In a few months after the newness has worn off, I'll go ahead and risk swimming or showering with it. If I'm wrong, It'll cost me less money than dinner and few beers with the boys. the "real watch" purchase will continue to wait... but really, I can wear this $54 beauty, glance down at my wrist, and almost "be there". Awesome!
review image review image review image
on June 29, 2006
(EDIT: Amazon now has the specs correctly listed at 37mm diameter.)

Amazon's description is wrong on the case diameter. I bought this watch and the 8926 automatic thinking they were the same size (43mm with crown). Not so, this watch is quite a bit smaller on the wrist, not as heavy(no automatic movement), and the unidirectional bezel is much more loose and cheap feeling.

The model # on the back of this watch is 8932A

The 8926 is a MUCH nicer watch and has been on sale for 70 at various times.
77 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2013
Beware of the horrible customer service - had to get simple watch band repair and it is taking more than 5 months to get this done. Consider using alternative vendors instead of INVICTA as their customer service is unacceptably poor.
on November 18, 2009
I recieved this watch yesterday and I was very excited. This was not my first Invicta, I've been very impressed with their watches. After I got it home, I put a rubber band on it and then started setting the time. I first noticed that the bezel is very difficult to turn. I thought if I kept working it, it would loosen up. It hasn't so far. Next I noticed that the time keeps stopping periodically. I know it's a quartz, but even early on I expected the watch to keep running in the beginning. Then I look at the warranty card. I admit this is the first time I've had to, and I notice that Invicta wants a $25 check for return shipping. They send me a defective watch and they want money to essentially fix it. I don't think so.....I'm used to very quality from Invicta, so I am very disappointed in this watch.
66 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2015
Only two months after purchase, a pin holding the clasp fell out out. I contacted customer service, and (after a long wait) received a reply that a replacement pin would be shipped in 60-90 days (which is unacceptably long, considering that it was a brand new watch). During that time, a second pin fell out, and now the clasp is lost; I'm unable to wear the watch anymore. I contacted customer service again over a month ago, and have yet to receive any reply. For reference, my last watch was a Bulova and lasted over five years without any parts breaking or coming loose. This is shoddy workmanship and I'd suggest steering clear.
review image review image review image
on December 28, 2008
I like this watch with a few caveats. It's a little small for me. Also the band doesn't have an expansion clasp so you can't wear it over a wet suit. That makes it a little more difficult for me to pretend I'm a "pro diver."

If you order the watch and find the bezel hard to turn, give it some time. Mine loosened with use.
review image
on October 15, 2015
UPDATE ON REPLACEMENT WATCH I JUST RECEIVED: Are you #$#%@^@ kidding me? The box and the way this watch was shipped makes me think it was fished out of the inventory after having sat in a warehouse corner for a while. And the same scratches and same chalky white substance are on this watch in the exact same spots at the link clasp. This time the packaging stunk and it looks like this watch was just thrown into the box and then it was shipped upside down and more than a few of the air pillows were flat in the shipping box. If I return the watch it will be for a refund.

I love this watch BUT..... The watch came quickly and was packaged very nicely. The watch itself looked to be carefully protected with plastic cellophane protection on the face front and back, band and clasp. As I removed the cellophane from around the clasp in order to open up the band, I noticed scratch marks on the exterior sides of the clasp where the safety lock closes over it. Upon inspecting the interior sides of the locking part of the clasp, I noticed that there appeared to residue from a white powdery substance which adhered to the clasp and then scratched the metal of the outer sides of the clasp that it closes over. UGGHH! See all pictures. This is extremely disappointing and was the last thing I would expect to discover when opening up the watch. I am returning it for a replacement, not a refund, because I love the style of this model and trust this is an aberration. I truly hope the replacement watch is scratch free!
review image review image review image review image review image
on September 17, 2010
first watch got water inside the first time I got in the pool. The replacement did not run properly, some times run behind and some times it just stopped altogether.
on January 9, 2016
I spend a fair amount of time at depth between 10 and 110 feet of water. I don't usually use a computer because I never use Nitrox and plan my dives very well. All I really need is a reliable watch for time. I prefer a bezel over buttons so this watch was a perfect choice. After a second dive (yeah only two dives) just under 40 feet this watch began to show moisture. I immediately removed it hoping to keep it as a day to day watch. A few days later it was rusted and the lens popped off. Never seen that happen before. This watch was rated to 200 meters (660 feet deep) so I was surprised this happened. I'm giving it two stars because you could use it as...just a watch and it would be nice. But only two stars because its strange Invicta is calling it a Pro Diver rated for 200 meters. My other watches are rated for 100 meters and do just fine at 110 feet deep. Anyway, I read many reviews about this watch before purchasing but none from someone who actually took the watch to depth. I hope this review helps. It is a nice watch...just don't get it wet under any pressure. I took a photo to show the damage. I'm also willing to accept that this might be a one time case because I have never had a watch do this before. Still, there should be some quality control or honesty about what the watch is really capable of.
review image