Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: Medium, 3-Pack|Change
Price:$5.21+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 473 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 504 reviews
on May 16, 2015
I used to love these, and the filter they were made for, but from my recent experience with newer biobags, the quality has dropped to the point of uselessness.

I bought a box of these very recently, and every single one was defective - basically, falling apart as they are pulled out of their packaging. After the first one failed this way, I emailed their support about the defective product. They responded with, basically,"too bad". After the second, I re-emailed, and explained this was not my mishandling, but a completely faulty product. They just doubled down "too bad", showing zero concern for either their own products, or my experience with them. I mean, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, AT&T - those guys routinely display this attitude, but a pet product company?

Listen, Tetra: the HEALTH of living things depends on your products. For a pet company to be disinterested in how their products fail is unconscionable.

But wait... there's more!

I use the Tetra filter these were made for, on a 12 gallon tank, and had it on there for maybe 5 or 6 years, before the filter motor failed. I bought the identical Tetra branded filter, and just two months later, it is non-operational. The quality is just like the bio-bags are now: completely useless. A filter that pumps no water is not useful.

And no, not a newbie here. Former enthusiast who kept multiple tanks up to 350 gallons, fresh and salt, for decades. I know what works and doesn't. As currently constructed, these do not work. The last two boxes, when the cartridge didn't literally fall apart before being put in the filter, worked for maybe 3 days, and then the water stopped being filtered. There are exactly 2 fish in this 12 gallon tank, so just about any s***ty filter should be able to keep up. Not these.

Summary: Buyer beware. Tetra is producing defective products, and really doesn't care at all. As none of this is so expensive, I'll just toss the whole filter and buy a competitor's product, and I'd recommend transitioning away from their filter products at this time.
on July 22, 2015
I buy and use these regularly for my 5-1/2 gallon quarantine tank with my Whisper Power Filter jr. They work great and do what they're supposed to. They come assembled so there's no carbon or anything else to buy.
Overall, I like them and will continue to use them and recommend them to others.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2015
These work nicely with the Whisper filter. I inherited the job of caring for the library's fish. I had to figure out how to keep them clean and comfortable. The filter is quiet, the filters do a great job.
on March 15, 2017
These are the right size and fit for my aquarium. They work as expected and help in keeping it clean.
on March 9, 2017
works great in our small tank we have minnows
on January 18, 2017
Great for my tank
on March 4, 2017
Works perfectly as described.
on March 24, 2017
Ordered the Six pack but only received 3 filters.
on September 22, 2015