Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on November 11, 2016
I have been drumming since 1964 and our daughter is a two-time GRAMMY winner and I was looking for a small drum set for a friend's little boy who is age 4. I think this is a perfect set for a child 3-8 years old. At this age, a child doesn't need lessons. What they need is a quality instrument to bang around on and have fun. Then, if they are still into it at age 8 or 9, then they can consider lessons and move up to a full-sized kit. I am blown away by this little set! This set is not a toy-it is a REAL set. The cymbals are not great, but are quite playable. This little set has far exceeded my expectations. Because I am a drummer it was a snap to put together simply because I know where everything goes. However, I worry that the average person would be a little confused because they really need to have a drummer write the instructions. Most everyone knows someone who is a drummer, so call him or her up and they'll enjoy putting it together. I am thrilled with this kit!
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 27, 2014
The look on my three year old's face when he turned from surveying the presents under the tree and spotted this set was more than worth the horror on Santa's helper when he opened the box and realized he was literally going to be building this drum set from scratch. If you have a general idea of how drum sets work but have never assembled one before, budget at least two or three hours for this process, preferably not on Christmas Eve. I was informed by Santa's helper that the instructions were useless and when I suggested stuffing the bass for a quieter sound later Christmas Day I was told that stretching the drum head over it was tedious and difficult enough that he'd prefer to live with the noise.

The cymbals with the pedal (don't know the technical term) are pretty useless as well; they've been adjusted multiple times but haven't worked properly yet. The rest of the set is great, from a three year old's perspective at least. He's just under 40 inches tall and this drum set looks just a bit over-sized for him. I highly recommend purchasing nylon brushes and possibly a set of bundle sticks with it, as it's about as loud as you'd expect a drum set to be and I'm not sure how well the plastic heads will stand up to enthusiastic beating (there are already dents but for all I know that's normal). It also takes up a pretty substantial footprint, about the same space as our coffee table (but obviously much taller). Which is awesome but just be prepared!
on April 6, 2009
Overall these are a pretty solid. The hardware and cymbals are pretty low quality, but for the price it is nice. It arrived in perfect condition and it is a really sharp looking little set. As a life long drummer it was easy for me to set up, but I can easily see how someone with no knowledge of this stuff would struggle. It took me about 45 minutes to get it all together. Not much more, and I took my time. Of course I knew where everything went. I'd think a person that didn't know anything about this would probably take a couple of hours. The directions are really poor. Common sense should be enough though.

Getting an all inclusive set for around $[...] shipped is a real bargain though. I debated just getting a normal sized set for my 4 year old, knowing he could grow into it, but that would have cost me at least $[...] for anything even remotely decent- that included everything (cymbals, sticks, throne.) I looked around for months- shopping, comparing, shopping more, and this was by far the best for the money. The 1st Act stuff is pretty junky in my opinion. This wasn't as great as I had expected, but again for the money you can't go wrong. It's small, so they won't use it for a ton of years. The good part of that is they will be less likely to wreck it. I think I could sell it now for more than I paid for it locally. I know that when I do eventually sell it I will not lose much of anything on it. It does seem durable enough for my 4 year old, though.

Really, if you are hesitant, don't be. I am as frugal of a shopper as you will find and always work hard for the best deal. I found one here, and you can to. I bought the black. Really, really sharp!
35 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2013
Well this gift made my 7 year old daughter feel like Santa was really proud of her this year.

To Summarize: Good product and worth the money ($190 is what I paid)

Pros
All the pieces were in the box and correct instructions. (I was worried about that after reading all of the reviews on the medini kits.)
Solid material that makes decent sound.
Should fit anyone 5' and smaller

Con's
One of the screw holes in a drum leg stepped very easily. We will have to buy a new leg.
The sticks are pretty small, will need to buy better ones.

I'm really pleased with this kit, and I have rather high standards of product quality. It's cheap enough to buy for a kid that may only play with it once and good enough quality to start out a serious drummer too.
on December 27, 2010
Bought this for my 4 year old and he went nuts when he saw it. Overall, the quality of this drum kit is very, very good... especially for around $200. You can't beat it. As some others have said, the instructions could be better. The picture on the instructions doesn't even show the right picture.

The finish is very good and the sounds is good.

This is nit-picking, but the kick drum sound could be improved. I play bass guitar and have been in bands for nearly 20 years. It sounds like a large floor tom instead of a kick drum. But hey, like I said, for the price I can't complain. I plan on putting a couple pieces of tape on a couple of the heads to deaden the sound a bit.

You certainly won't find anything better than this for the price.
3 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2015
Luckily I'm a drummer and knew how to set everything up, but they sent the wrong instruction manual so someone that doesn't know may have some difficulty. But I was able to get this together relatively easily. One of the drums had some bad lugs and they wouldn't screw in easily so I had to grab it with needle nose pliers and use the drum key to start the thread and then it went fine. Other than that, this a good set for a child to begin learning drums. I was actually surprised at the sound, when tuned correctly they sound pretty good! The one problem I do have is the drum throne, it's very small, it would be fitting for a 5 year old. Our son is 10 so we used an office chair in the mean time. Overall pleased.
on January 7, 2016
My 9yr old son was so happy to get this set for Christmas and with a few hours of putting it together he was excited to play. Ok sound but not the best, better then other kids drum sets. The only big problem we have is that the symbol doesn't stay in place and keeps falling. It was such a big project to put together that we don't know how to send it back in its box for a replacement.
on January 9, 2018
A part was missing. Contacted the manufacturer and they sent it right away. Now its perfect. The drum kit is just right for a kid who's learning -- small and it sounds good. My daughter (4 years old and a natural born drummer) loves playing it.
on December 28, 2016
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 5 year old. The cymbals were missing! Talk about double disappointment being opened Christmas morning and having missing parts. The drum heads are a cheap plastic and will be replaced but the rest of what came with it seems to holding up well. My son is like "animal" off the muppets so he's tested the set out quite heavily.
on October 1, 2014
we sprung for the next-day shipping so my nephew could play the drums at the bbq we were having. it showed up just in time and we were thrilled! until we realized it didn't come with instructions. no worry, my handy-man figured it out and my nephew played until dark. it went home with him that night so i'm not sure how it's holding up. but it was worth the look on his face.