Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 232 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on May 20, 2015
Ideal knife for a left-handed cook. This is the second Ginsu knife I've gotten and am just as thrilled with this one as the first. I'm left-handed, newly vegan and frankly just now discovering how much fun cooking can be with the right (or left) tools. The old commercials about Ginsu knives holds true with mine. They cut through a raw sweet potato just as easily as thin slicing a ripe tomato. And I'm pleased with how comfortable both of my Ginsu knives feel in my left hand. At this price, it was worth trying for me and I'm glad I did.

My first Ginsu knife is a large butcher style. Which means I needed something thinner to core apples and cut the rind off melon wedges. This Tomato Knife does it. It is so sharp that I keep it put away from the rest of the family. I haven't really found the use for the pronged tip yet, but that's very sharp as well. So warning - be careful in handling this knife.

I also switched to bamboo cutting boards (from the plastic ones I had previously) and that does make a difference in not dulling a knife. My Ginsu knives are as sharp as Day 1, even with using them multiple times a day. I'm careful to wash them after each use, dry and put away. At this rate, I have many years of use from them. Well worth the price I paid.
on April 29, 2012
I really like Ginsu knives. They're super sharp, well balanced and they're inexpensive enough that you don't worry about simply replacing them someday when they get old. I have a block of regular Ginsu knives that include steak knives which we use regularly so, when I needed a carving knife for Thanksgiving, I gave this set a shot. I'm very pleased with them. The fork/tine piece is effective to let you position and hold the bird, and the carving knife itself is razor sharp.
on December 27, 2013
A Ginsu knife set came with these scissors, but an old roommate broke ours and never replaced it. I missed our Ginsu scissors until I thought to check Amazon and voila! There they were and two days later, the scissors were back where they belonged (man do I love Prime shipping!) The second pair is now in our junk drawer to replace our nice office scissors that had to fill in for the missing Ginsu scissors.

I had forgotten how sharp these were until I was able to use them again. They cut through everything in a snap!
on October 10, 2014
Don't be fooled by it's looks, this thing is like a scalpel.
That's a good thing, but don't cut anything on your counter with this. I cut bread using so little pressure and it perfectly sliced the towel the bread was sitting on but who cares, this knife is great.
I make artisan breads and can never get that slice you make in the dough right and I'd deflate the dough, I tried it/them all. A chef was asked in an article Q&A what she used for this and she told them "don't laugh, I use a Ginsu knife"

That's all I needed to hear and it's true. If you have the same problem you need to toss the lame (or anything else) and buy one of these. Perfect effortless deep scores in the dough.
I know this line isn't about the knife but is a tip to fellow bread geeks. Heavily flour your loaf, zip across and make your cuts, then blow the flour off and bake. The bread will look like something on a book cover.
Oh, I assume it works on tomaters.
on March 15, 2016
I bought this set when my dear family broke the scissors from my Ginsu knife set. I still haven't been able to get anyone to confess. Now there's one pair that stays in the knife block for kitchen use and another pair that stays in the junk drawer for everything else. They're good quality for our purposes.
on August 22, 2016
This was my first Ginsu knife, and I wanted to like it. The Ginsu 05115 looks very much like a (now discontinued) tomato knife from another manufacturer that I used in the past, which was so good that it became my #1 slicing knife for everything from meat to mangoes ‒ until I needed to replace it. Unfortunately, Ginsu just didn't live up to the reputation for sharpness that I remembered from their old infomercials! This knife is solidly built, and I suppose it handles tomatoes well enough, but the blade just isn't sharp enough for general use, and tends to shred anything fibrous.
on September 20, 2013
I live in the Florida Keys and spear fish as often as I can. A favorite target is an invasive species, Lion Fish, that tastes extremely good. Only problem is that it has 13 poisonous spines whose sting I can attest is very painful. I needed a pair of shears that I could use with gloves on and would hold up under frequent salt water immersion. These have been perfect. I have them clipped to my catch bag on a short lanyard and when I shoot a Lion Fish I grab my shears and cut off the hazardous spines before I take him off my spear. The stainless has shown no rust or corrosion. My gloved hand fit in the handles with no problem and there is enough friction in the blades so they don't come open while diving along the reef. I gave one pair to my wife to use in the kitchen and she likes them too.
on October 4, 2015
A good pair of shears at a very reasonable price. I gave only four stars because the blades are shorter than my 20+ year old pair of Ginsu shears. Also I have no idea what that notch on the blade is for. Anyways I like them. The original shears are still in use. They have cut tin, wire, heavy cardboard and anything that needed to be cut and still work well. They were definitely abused. Unbelievable. I bought the newer set because I thought I lost the old ones but they turned up after the new ones arrived.
on March 18, 2015
This knife is high quality, balanced and feels good in your hand...
ONE PROBLEM...
IT'S AS DULL AS A BUTTER KNIFE....NOT EXAGGERATING!!!....
I was cutting cold cooked pot roast last night and it was a disaster...
(I thought it was because it was cold cooked meat)...
This morning I tried slicing an apple with it....WORSE than a butter knife...
This garbage is being returned....
on July 23, 2015
The scissors that came with my Ginsu knife set rusted and fell apart after several years of use. However, I put them in the dishwasher all the time, so felt I got adequate value from them. These replacement scissors seem to be the same quality as the original, so if I get a couple years use from them at this price, I will be very satisfied. Even though I know they would last longer if I hand-washed and dried them, I like to sanitize in the dishwasher.