Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 727 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 764 reviews
on June 27, 2011
These pouches do exactly what they are supposed to do. I use them with the Scotch thermal lamintor and I've never had a problem with them getting stuck or coming out with bubbles. I didn't have a problem until I compared them to the 3 mil Scotch pouches. I noticed a huge difference when I set them side by side. I laminated a set of heavy duty cardstock flashcards from Veritas press. The Scotch ones were very clear and sturdy. When you held the card horizontally it laid completely flat. When I held up the one laminated with these pouches the edges curled up slightly and it was bowed in the middle (keep in mind, the card was sturdy enough to lay flat on its own without any lamination). Once I put them side by side I noticed that these pouches had a cloudy appearance to them. The Scotch laminated cards were much more clear and vibrant. Of course this wasn't completely obvious until I put them side by side. I realize this probably isn't an issue for someone doing small projects at home, especially if they've never used Scotch pouches. In this particular situation I had spent over $100 on the flashcards so I was sensitive to quality issues. With that said, these are significantly cheaper than the Scotch pouches so I would recommend them for large, inexpensive projects. I will definitely continue to use them for our homeschool supplies. For smaller, more important projects I'm going to continue to use the Scotch pouches since the difference is pretty obvious to me. I definitely wouldn't mix the two pouches for a project as the difference is noticable. These definitely do exactly as they're supposed to but when they are presented as a comparable product to Scotch, they really don't deserve more than 3 stars.
88 comments| 347 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2017
I have a pack of these and my mother-in-law also has a pack. I saw what a great price they were and forwarded that information along to her. When I bought they were less than $10 for 100, I'm sad that they've raised the price. I have no complaints about these, they seal easily and stay looking great. I will be going with something different when this pack is empty though strictly based on price.
on January 19, 2014
I use these with my Scotch TL901 laminator and they seem to work great. These have a clear, glossy finish. I haven't experienced anything unsatisfactory like bubbling, curling or cloudiness. I've never had to send them through twice, once always does it. I don't use the cardboard feeder-thingie that comes with them either, I just send them through on their own and they come out great.

I did read some other reviews that a difference could be seen when they're side by side with brand name pouches; I just won't ever buy brand name so I won't have that issue! If the brand name are better I don't know what I'm missing; so why find out? All I know is that my home projects come out flawless and I save money, so I'm happy. Nothing much more to say about these, they suit my needs fine and I haven't noticed any flaws with them.
I ordered these pouches a few weeks ago , but somehow , somewhere they were lost in transit. I ordered them again because the reviews I read came back with such positive reviews I wanted to really try them . This order arrived, and I have to say they do the job quite well, very well actually. In the past all I bought was the 3m brand. They also do the job great , but there is a significant price difference. The packaging they come in (after opening the popular AMAZON box) is just a basic white box , once opened the 100 pouches are inside a clear plastic sleeve . I use an average of 500 to 700 pouches a month. My hobby , I guess you can say has been cutting out very detailed snowflakes. Some of them are so very detailed , and when hanging them or even letting someone sort through them to pick out ones they like , sometimes they get tangled together , causing tears. So I have been laminating every snowflake. These pouches only received 5 stars because that's all there is . Because the the great price of these pouches , I would gladly rate them higher if I could. All the positve reviews that I read on this product turned me into a soon to be a long time purchaser. Thank you to all who gave good reviews , you saved , and will be saving me alot of $$$$$. ? THANKS FOR READING, BYE.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 6, 2011
I need laminating sheets in letter size so I can use it on certificates, awards and also for crafts for our kids and my wife's day care. The 3mm thickness is just a little bit cumbersome to manage compared to 5 mm, but getting the 5 mm would be much more expensive for a pack of 100 sheets.

It also works with smaller sizes; I just arrange them inside the pouch and then cut them afterward.

I don't get any bubbles using them, just as long as I make sure that the laminating machine is hot enough before I feed the sheets.

I am satisfied with the quality of this brand. I have tried also the ones from bigger names but I don't want to spend more for something that produce similar good results.
on October 19, 2010
I bought a Purple Cows laminator at Costco for cheap, and these laminating pouches work wonderfully in the laminator. I know that use of anything but Purple Cows brand laminating pouches voids the warranty on the laminator, but it was well worth the risk to avoid spending too much on laminating pouches. I bought two of these packages of 100 pouches, and I have already used most of them up, with very few issues throughout all the lamination. Any issues were due to my lack of skill in loading the laminating pouches in a straight line into the laminating machine. Other than my lack of skill, I had no problems getting the pouches to seal smoothly.
on August 8, 2012
I'm pretty sure these are the same laminating sheets I ordered last year - I loved them, thought they were an excellent value for the money and used them all up laminating stuff for preschool-at-home.

Since I'm homeschooling again this year I decided to stock up. I just opened the box and used a few sheets and they're all bubbling and peeling as I handle them. I'm extremely disappointed that the things I laminate will probably fall apart before we even start using them. I considered sending the sheets through the laminating machine again to see if they would re-stick but I wasn't sure it was such a good idea.
on March 30, 2014
I purchased a box of these and a box of the Scotch brand to compare. I will definitely be reordering these.

Pros:
- They are very thick and work great on cardstock (I do use the 5mm setting when laminating cardstock, even though these are only 3mm and have had no problems doing so).
- They cut well: I tend to laminate items and cut them out and I have almost finished my box of 100 (of these generics) and have not had any peel apart! These work better than the professional laminator we have at the school (and cost just as much!)
- One of my students tried to peal one apart and the paper ended up ripping before the laminating.
- Price: When I purchased them, they are 5 cents less per sheet than the Scotch brand pouches

Cons:
- Out of the entire box, there were 2 or 3 that had a crease in it. I noticed it before I laminated and just put the crease on the back and it was no big deal.

The brand name pouches are not that much more expensive but as a teacher, saving almost 5 cents/page is a big deal considering how much laminating I do! I recommend trying these for yourself!
on October 16, 2013
I bought a laminating machine in a yard sale. By the time these sleeves arrived, I had a collection of material waiting. Out of 100 in the box, I used 54 the first day. Thanks to YouTube, I knew how to use the machine. (easy) After trimming the end product, I had 9 cards per page. I placed two sheets in one sleeve so it only laminated one side of each. After cutting away the edges and separating the pages, I glued them to 1/4" foam paper to make large maps. Every project I tried worked perfectly except "Paper-Figures." (Soldiers printed so when folded it forms an inverted "T" to stand by itself and lines up the front & back of individual soldiers. Makes cheap armies all at once.) The lamination doesn't fold well, nor does glue stick to it. (Unless you are trying to get glue off of it.)
I am very happy with this product. It's easy to work with. Each double-page is consistent in thickness and clarity with NO irregularities in any of them. I looked! Not one speck of dust in the material used.
on May 1, 2013
I read some of the negative reviews on these pouches, and kept them in the back of my mind when I bought these. I ran into the same problem that I saw people remarking about, that the pouches didn't seal well, but I don't blame the pouches, I blame my laminater. I think it just doesn't quite hit the right temperature. How do I know this? Well, first, when my initial attempts didn't work out so well, I just ran them through multiple times, and eventually they did seal really well. Then, after I let my laminater percolate on the counter for a while, simply because I got sidetracked with something else for about 20 minutes, I came back and did another one, and it sealed up tight as a drum, first time through.

So, moral of the story--give these a try, and if you don't have good luck with them, you might just give your laminater more time to heat up. If you've not had problems with other pouches, and you have problems with these, well, that's another story. But for me, I'm quite happy with my experience laminating card stock, and various little scraps of paper and cards that I had in my wallet and wanted to preserve.