Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 15, 2014
Great looking and functional aviator watch. Slide rule is very useful once you understand how to use it. Instructions do come with the watch. The dial looks a little busy at first, but it soon becomes easy to read at a quick glance. You can also use the 24 hour indicator as a second time zone if you wish. Lume is great. The hands and markers glow in a nice bluish colour that's legible all night long. The case is solidly built and the bracelet quality is outstanding, rivaling that of more expensive watches. It fits perfectly and comfortably on my wrist after sizing the bracelet. I owned a Citizen watch years ago, but this is my first Eco-Drive watch and I find the watch's accuracy is what you'd expect from a quality quartz timepiece.I even noticed that the second hand aligns perfectly with the minute markers on the dial. The best part about this watch, for me, is it does not require you to change the battery like other quartz watches making the Citizen Nighthawk virtually maintenance free. For me it's the perfect grab and go watch.
3 helpful votes
on April 16, 2013
I really liked the dial and the fact that the slide rule is enclosed within the crystal. I own other citizen watches in the Navihawk and skyhawk AT range and the slide rules either get damaged or the paint wears off. However, in this case that will not be an issue. This is my second watch with the slide rule inside the crystal and am not looking back. The watch is an eco-drive (solar powered) and takes care of the need of changing batteries every couple of years. The dial has the standard slide rule markings as well a unique way of displaying dual time. It is not the way a traditional GMT watch with a 4th hand pointing to the hour; on the other hand (get it) the watch has 2 hands, one colored white and the other red corresponding to the 1-12 and 13-24 sets of hours, respectively, and move in conjunction with the main hour and minute hands to provide the give second time. The dual time is only displayed on the left half of the face in a concentric half crescent, which makes it quite unique. The date is displayed on the 3 o'clock marker and easy to read. The bracelet is sturdy and seems to be made of good quality material, and so do the clasp and locking mechanism. All the time related adjustments are performed by the textured and branded crown located at the 3 o'clock position and slide rule is operated by a similar crown at the 8 o'clock position. The watch glows a brilliant light blue, instead of the traditional green lume, which is a nice change of pace. Overall the watch is well made and a utilitarian finish on the body and bracelet; it wears well and the bracelet is quite generous in size and fits large wrists. I like it.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 17, 2016
I generally leave extremely detailed reviews expounding on all of the functions, the pros and cons and quality of a watch however, in this case most of that is unnecessary. The slide rule function and quality of the lume have been covered extensively in other reviews and the watch quality itself is certainly not in question (being that it is a citizen,) so we can forgo the pros and cons. So I will just say this: In a comprehensive and quite extensive collection of watches of various brands, shapes, colors, sizes and price ranges, this is one of my absolute favorites. Stop reading the reviews and join the club. GET IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on May 26, 2017
This watch is a great value for not a lot of money. This watch is a classic and it's no surprise that timepiece lovers collect the numerous versions of the Nighthawk. Perhaps the only flaw is that citizen opted to use a mineral crystal instead of a sapphire crystal, but the price would certainly go up if they had used the latter.

This watch can style together with a variety of watch bands. Look for a spring bar removal tool and bands with 22mm lug width to get creative. I found the link pins difficult to remove, but thats not a frequent job you would perform.

If you're looking for an affordable, reliable and accurate daily driver watch that can look good with a suit or while you're dressed casually, look no further.
on December 31, 2013
This is a Citizen so it's a nice lower end nice watch. The model shown is considered one of the best Citizen's that they've made if you do your research on the watch forums. The important thing buying a Citizen off of amazon is make sure you buy it from Amazon not a different seller. Amazon is an AD but other seller are on the watch grey market. They will likely not be counterfeit but you will definitely not get the Citizen warranty. I bought this watch from Amazon and it's the real deal not a counterfeit. If you're interested in this watch Google the model number and read the reviews on places like watchuseek. It's a real performer.
on November 24, 2012
This piece is the perfect integration of classy and utilitarian. The slide-rule has proved itself already on a couple of road trips(calculating approx. arrival time as well as ground speed and fuel consumption)and the crown to rotate it does so in such fine measures that you can be as precise as needed down to half-notch increments, even with gloves on. Given, if your eyesight isn't that of a fighter-pilot or whatever you're likely to squint from time to time. The 24hr time setting is more convenient than anything, as I have family members abroad. I can set it to the local time of wherever my relatives are and not worry about what time it is there and whether I'll be bothering them to call. Personally, what sold me was the eco-drive function, the excellent luminescence and the capabilities of the slide rule. With a power reserve of approximately 6 months, I don't have to worry about setting it aside once a day specifically to charge like some other solar watches, and even some other eco-drive Citizens. So even though it's solar powered, I never REALLY run the risk of it dying on me. As I said before, the luminescence of the hands is absolutely incredible. It lasts about two hours, which is really long in comparison to most other watches I've had. If you need a longer lume life than that then just buy a Luminox. Also, the color is a cool blue rather than the standard green. Anyhow.. with all the utilitarian info laid out, let me just say that this watch is stunningly beautiful. Admittedly the dial looks really cluttered when you're looking at it on your wrist, but at a distance the big 12 and 6 and large hour pips draw some attention to the huge case that every buyer secretly enjoys. Also, I'm excited to try out a leather band on this watch to see how that looks, as bands are pretty easy to interchange on this model. If you're considering this watch but are a little apprehensive because you have a small wrist, I'd say go ahead and buy it: I have a very small wrist and in my opinion, it's the perfect size on me. It's 42mm diameter, I know that specific number was hard for me to find anyway. The only two complaints are that with such powerful luminescence, Citizen should have put it on the second hand too. The second hand is thick enough that putting lume on it would be possible. Second, an aviators watch needs a stopwatch function! It's so obvious it's painful! However citizen knows this, which is why for only FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE you can get the ana-digital Skyhawk models. Overall, I'm more than pleased and got exactly what I wanted and exactly what I expected!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on March 18, 2014
The watch looks great! Very unique and although it's bezel is busy, the hands are large sword hands that are very easy to see so telling time is easy. The blue Lume is excellent and just as good as superluminova. The Eco Drive is nice (no battery change for probably 10+ Years). The band looks great. The slide rule is a fun feature, but not really handy (you can figure the same info with your smartphone much faster). Has a screw down crown & 20atm WR. Face is nice & large, but not too large (I have a 7" wrist and it looks good/fits me). It's very comfortable and surprisingly light if you're used to medium heavy stainless steel watches, but I have come to like the wt. & comfort very much.
Crystal on mine is Hardlex (I have the Jspanese model); American model has a mineral crystal, but you're not getting a sapphire crystal at this price point.
Bought my version on EBay for $208. The international warranty is only 1year compared to the US version (3-5yr), but I figured its a Citizen so 3-5 years shouldn't be an issue. I've had a great track record w/Citizen watches over the past 20 years. Also the Jspanese version has a nicer etched case back compared to the flat generic looking one on the American version (& saved about $50-60) and the Lume aspect of the hour markers are smaller on mine (equivocal to US model IMHO).
22 comments|Report abuse
on September 13, 2016
I had been eyeballing this watch for a few years, and now that I bought it, this really became my favorite one for day to day use. I swapped the metal band for a leather one and it gives the piece a completely different look!
The slide calculator on it felt like a gimmick that I liked at first but it has really become useful on multiple occasions. This is a feature that I underrated at first now I wish that some of my other pieces had something similar...
The only thing I wish it had is a perpetual calendar.
on January 26, 2016
Wanted one for probably the last 10 years. Old watch was lost, and decided it was time. Couldn't be happier. Long time Citizen owner, and brand loyal for life with the quality I've always experienced.
review imagereview image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 3, 2017
I returned this one as it was an Amazon Warehouse offering that was not in like new condition as described. I do have a Nighthawk bought in new condition and it is one of the finest modern pilot watches available with a great size just over 40mm and a comfortable bracelet with wonderful brushed finish to match the finish on the case. Being a light powered eco drive model is an added bonus to go along with 200M water resistance. It is a favorite in my collection which is why I ordered a second one in like new condition from the Warehouse. Had it been like new as described I would have added it to my collection and replaced the bracelet with a nice Nato strap for a different look.