Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 15, 2017
I have always loved the Ironman Classic 100. This time I did not read the description carefully. All my older Ironman 100s had FLIX technology. You could set the watch so that when you hook your hand in the dark, the light would work. It was great when running in the dark. This watch does not have that. I miss it a lot. I guess it's my fault for not checking more carefully.
on October 3, 2017
Whenever I purchase any Timex Ironman Marathon watch, first thing I do is change to a velcro watch band. It is very possible to lose your watch otherwise. The original resin band breaks and the watch falls off and you don't realize it's gone. It's happened to me and others. I much prefer the velcro band, which I buy from Sunset Watch Repair in Los Angeles. It costs $15 and change. It's very comfortable and if you have a "spring bar tool" - you can do the replacement yourself. You can buy the velcro band and spring bar tool on Amazon. Super comfy and secure. Very easy to put on and take off your watch.
11 comment|Report abuse
on April 1, 2014
I received my new 100-lap Ironman today, and I have mixed feelings about the watch. I liked the interval features of the old Ironman that allowed me to choose the number of times the interval would repeat before stopping or reverting to the chronograph. This watch allows you to program up to 9 intervals, but you will have to program the interval and rest for each of the nine. In other words you can't program an interval of a 3 min, run, followed by a rest of 30 seconds and have it repeat that interval 5 times, before stopping and giving you an alarm, or going on to the chronograph. You can, though, have it repeat the intervals indefinitely and the watch will keep track of the number of repetitions. The old 100-lap Ironman was more complicated, and In all fairness, I believe that some functionality has been traded for simplicity of operation, and the functionality of this watch will meet most runners' needs.The Indiglo light works in night mode and allows me to turn the light on with the touch of any button, but the FLIX function does not work. I have tried every combination of arm and wrist movements, even going so far as to rap the watch against a book. It doesn't work. My dilemma is whether or not to go through the hassle of returning the watch for this feature. It appears that most of the reviewers, if not all, that found the FLIX did not work, chose to live with it. It annoys me that quality control is lacking at the factory, and the factory is willing to compromise quality in exchange for the cost of preventing a 2 or 3% failure rate on the FLIX technology. I happen to like a large masculine watch with large numerals. I agree that the audio alarm won't be heard in the hustle and bustle of a large city, or near a highway, but I wouldn't expect a booming audio alarm in any watch with reasonable battery life. Overall, it's a good watch, and I will probably, like many before me, accept that the FLiX doesn't work, and go on with life.
2 helpful votes
on June 1, 2017
My other longtime Timex Ironman watch finally gave up the ghost when I went to get the battery changed, and the repairman said the liquid was not connecting to the battery in my old watch. I was not ready to purchase a GPS watch, since there are so many to choose from, so I bought the basic 100 lap watch. Other than it being difficult (sometime) to push the lap counter without pushing hard, it is a good basic watch for interval workouts.
on June 21, 2014
Got this Christmas 2013. Has served me well in terms of time keeping, stopwatch for runs, multiple alarms for different times of the day, etc. It wears well and indiglo worked well. After 6 months of daily wear and use it only had one noticeable scratch on the face (which came from putting it in my pocket with my car keys).

Fast forward to 3 days ago: Off work for some summer fun. I take a run, then hit the pool. I normally take it off for all water related things (shower, swims, etc), but this time it stayed on. Apparently the "WR 100 M" is in width, not depth as I never venture beyond the 5 foot rope in the pool. After about 45 minutes in the pool I found the watch had water under the face/glass that I could see sloshing around. It drowned about 30 minutes later (i.e. the screen went blank).

It's lack of durability cost it 2 stars. It's hokie start/split button cost it another star. Just make the start/stop button the same and re-task a side button for splits. I was extremely surprised to have it fail so quickly. A real disappointment and a mark against a brand that has historically been great for me and my needs.

It's a solid watch for a non-gps runner, but keep it dry.
2 helpful votes
on September 21, 2016
I so want to love this watch. Unfortunately, after 60 days the Indiglo function stopped working (so I couldn't tell time, etc. after dark).

So, I sent it back to Timex for a "repair." ONE MONTH LATER, a watch was sent back to me. Hey, look! The Indiglo works now... but the alarm function doesn't. After 33 minutes on the phone with Customer Service, testing alarms, timers, everything, even resetting the watch multiple times, it was determined that I did, indeed, have a defective watch.

Now I get to send it back again. I'm not a triathlete, by the way. I sit at a desk. The most strenuous task I demand of this watch is to wake me up each morning and not break while I'm making coffee. Sadly, this watch seems to have failed this task. TWICE.
Enthusiast: Makeupon January 17, 2016
This was an excellent watch for my 12 year old. We had to help him set it up but he really enjoyed using the stop watch option. The bad was durable although we had to cut a few more holes since his wrist was small. At Summer camp, water did seep in and ruin the watch. But I wouldn't consider this to be a defect. The fact that my son was dive bombing a raft was most likely the culprit:) An excellent watch that I'd highly recommend!
on August 29, 2015
I have had three Timex Ironman watches over the past 10 years. I continue to purchase the watch for its features. I do a lot of interval training for running and the Ironman's 100 lap feature is great to record times for every interval. I also travel extensively and use the 5-alarm feature as my primary alarm clock. I also use the event timer in a non-stop loop to remind me to do a repeated task every hour when I'm busy doing a second task. For features, I really like the Timex Ironman watch. The one drawback occurs when the battery is discharged. The watch seems to be ultra-sensitive when I open the watch myself and change the battery. After replacing the battery myself, the watch will randomly short out (reset all functions including the current time). I'm sure the water-resistant feature of the watch is also compromised after I change the battery myself. Changing a battery shouldn't be a big deal; there is probably some simple thing that needs to be done to ensure the battery is seeded correctly when replaced.
on August 15, 2013
I've tried just about every type of watch or device; heart rate monitors, fancy watches that have altimeters, barometers, etc. and iPhone apps linked to HRM straps. But for the actual interval work that I love to do in the pool and on dry land, this watch is great. I can take a few minutes before or a brief rest during my workout to make adjustments on the fly. Sure it would be nice to upload, download or reload, but convergent tech in watches is still emerging and there are too many players with wildly different interpretations and none of them match exactly what I want. As a result, this $37 watch is simply the best investment in low tech to support great workouts.
on October 30, 2014
This is a great watch. For swimming, biking, running, and lifting I have found it super useful. My favorite feature is that it has an interval timer and a countdown timer instead of just a stopwatch. I do a lot of interval work, and this is exactly what I needed. Another kind of cool feature is the flick light. You can set it to turn on the indiglo light when you sort of flick your wrist, so you don't have to use two hands. I've owned this watch for over two years and it just now needs the battery replaced, which I will be doing ASAP. Hopefully it keeps on ticking for a long time to come.

EDIT: Replaced the battery with no real issues. Had to look up a tutorial online, but didn't need any tools I didn't already have. I've been looking at other fancy watches at running and fitness stores lately, and they frankly don't measure up. Unless you are looking for a GPS watch or something that tracks heart rate (which will both be much more expensive), there really isn't anything out there better than this. I use mine almost every day. The interval function on this watch allows you to set up to 9 unique time intervals and run through them once or automatically repeat at the end. Most of the much more expensive watches I saw only allowed 2 unique intervals, and the most I saw was 5. Maybe 2 or 5 is enough for most people, but I have used up to 8 on mine for actual workouts. If you're just interested in timing things, you can't get much better than this watch.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.