Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 70 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on June 6, 2016
I bought 2 gustbusters, since I knew that it's life time warrenty, and wind proof, wow... that's my dream on that gusty rainy days. I must too you, that it is strong, big, nice.
But, I have used it less then 15 times, suddenly in one rainy morning, I went down the 6 floors, and went outside, I opened the umbrella, I had only one half side covered with fabric, about 2 ends got torn, both the fabric and the rubber together, I felt ashamed with myself carrying that expensive umbrella in that shape, but I was still happy knowing that I'll get other ones since this has a life time warrenty.
I called gustbusters c.s., I was shocked when the customer service agent told me that ''only the construction is covered, but the material is not covered under the warranty,''
So my dear freinds, just buy cheep brand, that is not causing pain when it gets broken.
on December 24, 2014
After few uses, the material start deteriorating. I'm attaching pictures. It looks awful and the umbrella will be unusable soon. Not worth the money.
review image review image
on April 21, 2017
I love gustbuster umbrellas! They are so good at resisting wind. I used to live in New England, and I would have an umbrella break every year. Not only was that inconvenient, but also expensive. With gustbusters I never broke a single one, and I've been using them for years.
on June 27, 2013
It's extroardinary in the wind, does a great job of keeping the rain off my husband (and one other person), and dries extremely quick (seriously). Wood handle is very nicely fashioned, easy to hold, and just the right size to hang on the office coat hanger. Release mechanism is not automatic, but easy enough to use and doesn't leave you searching in the rain. Canopy is held down (when closed) with 2 velcro straps that are plenty long and do a great job of holding in one place. it's also a nice fashion accessory as there are no huge labels on the umbrella and it looks very business-like. My husband uses this walking into a large office building in the middle of an open field in the midwest - so there is lots of wind and it has not yet flipped inside-out. Will be buying another one - terrific.
on May 23, 2016
There is nothing like a large sturdy umbrella in a downpour. I don't know how I lived without this thing. Regular umbrellas basically just keep the top half of you dry which your legs still get wet. This umbrella is big enough to provide a fair amount of protection from the rain even while walking and with some wind. It's very sturdy and holds up to the wind well without collapsing.
on January 26, 2013
Very sturdy, big enough to cover me and my wife, withstands really bad weather, and it looks classy. I live out west--this thing might be hard to negotiate if you live in, say, New York City with crowded sidewalks. The only con for my family is that my petite wife has a hard time opening it.

UPDATE: 9/9/14 Last month this umbrella broke. The little metal piece on the rod that holds it in the open position doesn't come out anymore. It has a lifetime guarantee, but they want me to ship the umbrella to them, wait a few weeks, and also pay $10 for return shipping. Very inconvenient. I just bought another umbrella instead (different kind). Probably won't buy another GustBuster.
on March 31, 2017
Recently encountered a wind gust over 40 miles per hour during a thunderstorm, and the umbrella did not invert or suffer any damage. Other umbrellas that I have owned would have been ruined under those conditions.GustBuster Doorman 62" Umbrella (Black)
on November 9, 2006
With the model name Doorman, you would expect it to be a workhorse, but you would be wrong.

The first problem I had was with the packaging. The first umbrella came in a standard fedex triangular "tube" that you would use for sending posters and such. These tubes are collapsible in the middle offering no protection to each end, and at those ends the shipper only included a couple of pieces of news paper as padding. When the umbrella arrived, the tip had been shattered to many pieces. Amazon replaced it with hardly a question asked and I had the replacement the next day before I could send the old one back. The replacement umbrella was packaged the same way, but was luckier during its trip.

My big issue is the the quality of the umbrella. The tip is made of very brittle plastic. The same part that broke during shipping on the last umbrella arrived ok, but split near the rivet part that holds it on within one week of arrival (it was used twice that week). 6 months later, the tip is still holding together but I'm fearing the day I might tap it against something the wrong way. For the price and reputation, I would have expected a nice metal tip like I see on peoples older umbrellas, or at least a screw on plastic of higher quality. Next is the way the fabric is secured to the canopy. They used just string wrapped a few times around the arm at the center. The tips seem good though, which is where you see most connections fail. The shaft seems week and as I hold it I wonder if the handle will come off the shaft. The material keeps the rain out as expected, but does not repel water. After market sprays would be required for this.

The design of the wind defeating system is sound and its implementations attractive. The holes in the nylon(?) are nicely shaped but surprisingly not hemmed making me hope that the fabric is rip-stop, though I don't see any veins indicating so.

Its an OK umbrella, but it seems to be made cheaply and I expected more from the most expensive model of such a high reputation umbrella company.
on August 3, 2015
I was recommending a Gustbuster bumbershoot to a friend and I wondered how long I've had mine. I can't believe it's been 9 years. In that time, it has always kept me dry in style. The webbing is starting to fray at the top, but so far it's still keeping the rain off. When I replace it, it'll be with another Gustbuster.

Note that this has seen relatively tame weather in Arizona and Minnesota. YMMV.
on May 10, 2014
You can tell that this umbrella is solid. It has some serious weight and heft to it and the handle is the most solid I have seen on an umbrella. If you've never had a large umbrella this may seem gigantic to you - but if you are looking for an umbrella that can cover you and someone else without any worry, then this is your thing.

I write this review today, 5/20/2014, because one I just received the order and have to report that it was damaged on delivery. I will take one more chance, and submitted a replacement request.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.