Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 198 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 207 reviews
on October 16, 2012
I must say that there are a lot of people slamming the GustBuster line of umbrellas and I have to wonder if some of the reviews are fake. I have owned three of these umbrellas and never had one break. I purchased this new Doorman model for Portland to use when dressed sharp in a suit. As you can see from dimensions, it's large. But it's not "clown large" and I think most people won't notice that it's oddly over-sized. There are only two things I'd say about the umbrella for people who are picky: (1) in order to have the GustBuster design where the canopy can stand strong winds, there has to be really two layers for the umbrella and they overlap. This isn't a problem, but it makes the umbrella thicker overall and so slightly heavier and more bulky. (2) The wood on the handle could be nicer. It looks like it will chip over time and it does not have a thick or strong lacquer. Still, I think it's a nice touch that it has wood at all. Very classy.

After throwing away my last umbrella (a beautiful but cheap over-sized rainbow-colored model) because of design failure or fatigue, I have to say this model is a great replacement. The size is perfect for any professional and it looks very sharp. See my pictures for design details.
review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 21, 2015
This thing is huge and awesome. Being 5'7", this umbrella is a bit big for me, but boy have I loved it.

This umbrella easily covers 3 people from the rain, and has been great on countless occasions.

Over 2 years later and it's still in the same condition as I got it, without any leaks or tears. I couldn't recommend this umbrella enough!

After one year at a festival being stuck under a short tree with my girlfriend and I crowded under her clear mushroom umbrella trying to stay dry in a rain torrent, I spent some time online and in stores shopping for an umbrella.

My umbrella needed to be able to comfortably fit two people under it, be black, have a strong shaft and handle, and have wind pockets so it doesn't blow me away. It's hard to find good quality, full sized umbrellas in stores anymore, but when I found this one on Amazon it was perfect.
• With a shaft that's either the hardest fiberglass I've ever felt, or a very solid aluminum, I've never felt like this umbrella will break or fold from wind or use.
• The crafted, curved wood handle has an authentic, sturdy feel to it and makes it easy to hold on to.
• After two years of regular use, I've yet to see any tearing in the fabric or fading.
• You can tell this umbrella was well designed in every detail from the wind pocket to the elastic to aid in closing, to the ease of opening it back up.
• 46" long, 68" wide: This umbrella is huge! I was looking for a two person umbrella, but this could fit four. I'm 5'7" and this umbrella comes up above my hip from top to bottom when I walk with it.

Overall, it's a huge, durable, amazingly built umbrella that's always my go to to stay 100% dry.
on March 13, 2017
I got this as one of my bosses has one. He raved about how strong and durable it is.

Very Sturdy and looks pretty nice. I bought a green one.
on March 22, 2017
It works great :). It was raining the other day and when I opened this umbrella the rain did not get on me.
on March 15, 2017
great umbrella.
on January 23, 2015
Great, just what we wanted
on December 27, 2012
It's been over a year since I bought this umbrella and it's still holding up great. Where I live, rain is often accompanied by strong winds, which means that small umbrellas are just glorified hats - the rain will soak you from the chest down. But regular large umbrellas get flipped over and torn by strong winds. Not this one, though - I've walked through some very strong winds and it hasn't even budged, it's really solid. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is to hold on tight to it - it's so big that when the wind pulls it up, it pulls it so strongly that it can rip the umbrella out of your hand. The anti-wind flaps help, but it still takes some strength to hold on to it.
The only issue that I've noticed is that the velcro strips that keep it wrapped tightly when not being used wore out after about a year, but I bought new ones and got my wife to sew them on to replace the originals, it only cost a few bucks. Everything else about this umbrella is awesome.
on November 1, 2008
As with most Gustbuster umbrellas the Doorman 68" is well-made and functions as designed. The finish on the handle was not as strong as one would expect. It scratched easily and lost color.
on September 29, 2014
I have had this umbrella for over a year. It's huge, it leaves your entire body dry (except your feet). In emergencies, one can jump out of an airplane with it, or just for nanny related jobs.
It did break on me, after about 10 months, the metal part that keeps the umbrella closed stopped working. I was still able to use the velcro for the same effect.
WARNING: do not use in rainstorms if you hate people. They will come to you, be near you, look at you(horrible, I know), and make movement near impossible.
I need a new one. I left it out overnight and it was stolen :(
If any of you guys out there want to get me a new one, PLEASE DO.
on July 15, 2005
My wife is a school teacher and escorts pre-schoolers from the school bus to the school door each day. This umbrella lasted exactly TWO rainy days before the clasp near the top of the umbrella that holds it in the open position collapsed into the umbrella stick, making the umbrella useless. It no longer stays in the open position. Lesson learned? ..... Go to some golf shop and buy a nice umbrella from them, I guess.
55 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.