Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,156 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,311 reviews
on June 22, 2015
After 6 years, it's still works! Haven't needed for a new umbrella since buying this one. It's well designed, and the construction is solid for the most part. The two layer fabric design does reduce the effect of wind on the umbrella, but heavy wind is still a problem. For 95% of rain storms, it's perfect and provides good coverage.

The only problem is the tiny rivets holding the umbrella's ribs to the frame. They will wear down and break off. I've had 3 rivets break on my umbrella. The good thing is the holes left behind by the rivets can still be reattached with some ingenuity. In my case, I use Twist Ties with the thin wire inside (comes with cheap garbage bags) to reattach the ribs back to the frame (see photo). It takes a steady hand, but the fix is easy and fast.
on January 5, 2015
My first one lasted 5 years. I did have to keep replacing the little rivets that popped out with paper clips, but that worked pretty well. The next one had the same rivet problem. I had it about a year and now my nephew has it, so I'm not sure what shape it's in.

Then I bought a 3rd one last October. It lasted a little over a month. One of the internal bits of metal sheared off (the photo shows the broken one and a normal one). They want me to send it back with $10. In other words, it will cost $20 to get a $40 umbrella back, that I can then (a) spend time replacing rivets on and (b) might have more weak metal bits I can't fix. I think I'll just buy cheaper umbrellas from now on.
on February 3, 2016
I bought it about 2 years ago and probably used it less than 10 times. I initially liked that it holds against the wind but I'm disappointed with the quality. The threading came off not too long ago and parts of the fabric came off as well. I take quite good care of this umbrella given that I paid around $40 for it. It would've been worth the money had it lasted more than 10 uses. There are a lot of wind proof alternatives out there, I would not recommend this product.
on October 24, 2013
I purchased this sight-unseen, due to rave reviews I'd noticed recently in several usually reliable places. If I had tried this in person before purchasing, I never would have bought it. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go through the hassle of returning it, or give it as an Xmas gift.

I find it unusable because it is surprisingly heavy and the tiny handle makes it quite difficult to carry and control. I can't begin to imagine dealing with it in a windy rainstorm. I've been using a series of ShedRain Umbrellas Windjammer Vented Auto Open Auto Close Folding Umbrellas, which are lighter and have an ergonomic handle, and it looks like I'll be sticking to them.
on January 19, 2017
Get a different umbrella. No... really. The 3rd time I used it the weak mechanism (2 loops of semi large thread) they used to attach the canopy to the skeleton broke. The manufacturer doesn't allow retailers to solve the problem/replace products. The manufacturer requires that you spend the $10 to ship it to them for repair/replacement and then makes it seem like they are doing you a favor by waving the $10 return shipping fee making an already expensive umbrella all that much more expensive. I've used it a few more times since the canopy came loose and that attaching thread was all that kept the stitching of the canopy from unraveling. I've had $10 umbrellas last longer than this $40 one. I certainly won't turn it into a $50-$60 umbrella by sending it to them and waiting for a return that who knows how long it will take and what quality it will come back as. Tossed this in the can and bought a different wind resistant umbrella. Hopefully that one will perform better.
on September 23, 2016
Let me start by defining the criteria I am using to evaluate this umbrella: Wind resistance, water resistance, quality of construction, coverage and portability. Each category will be rated out of 5 stars and my final rating will just be an average of the other scores.

Wind resistance: 5/5
The product description claims this umbrella will not break even when subjected to winds up to 55 mph. So far I have only used it in conditions of up to 20 mph wind, and it has worked beautifully. Previous umbrellas have inverted at the mere mention of wind, while this one is hardly yanked around in 20 mph wind. Doesn’t invert, doesn’t hit me in the face at the slightest breeze, 5 stars.

Water resistance: 4/5
Of course an umbrella should stop water from dripping on the user, and this one does, but the material itself is not entirely waterproof. It must be unfolded to dry out after use in order to avoid mold, which is typical of all umbrellas I have owned. It would be great to see a totally waterproof umbrella, but simply water resistant is all I expected, 4 stars.

Quality of construction: 5/5
Following 10 months of regular use, extending and retracting the umbrella is just as easy as day 1. On one occasion, when it was folded, I accidentally bent one of the spines about six inches from the handle and it just snapped right back into place. The spines are made of steel instead of aluminum, making them much more durable, 5 stars.

Coverage: 2/5
This is advertised as a 43” umbrella, but that is the arc length over the top of the umbrella, while the actual unfolded diameter is only 36”. I was counting on it being 43” wide so it would cover both me and my backpack, but this figure is mildly deceptive, 2 stars.

Portability: 5/5
When it’s retracted, this umbrella is about 15.5” long and 3.5” wide (at the widest point). It fits fine into a backpack and matches the dimensions of most similarly-sized umbrellas, 5 stars.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with this umbrella, and these ratings average to 4.2 stars. I was looking for an umbrella that wouldn’t invert or hit me in the face whenever there was a slight breeze, and I got exactly what I wanted. Anyone who doesn’t like being rained on would benefit from this product.
on December 29, 2015
I purchased this product in early 2015 and maybe have used it a total of 5 times. Also, keep in mind that I'm not using the umbrella in the Amazon rainforest, strictly to and from work on days when it's absolutely required.

While using the umbrella today, I noticed that my "UNflippable, UNflappable, UNleakable" GustBuster had a broken hinge and while fully extended the pole stem is now being supported by only the fabric. Which means the fabric is likely to tear apart. See attached photo for more detail.

I called GustBuster regarding this issue and was told that I needed to send the umbrella and a check for $10 back to GustBuster for the umbrella to be repaired and returned to me. Which means I'll be out $20 to get the umbrella repaired. Unfortunately, I have no confidence in the product or the company and am not willing to spend another penny or a minute of my time towards a refurbished umbrella.

Upon initially receiving the umbrella, I thought it was OK but not worth the $40 I paid for it. Now I am confident the umbrella is poorly constructed and would recommend you purchase from a different manufacturer.
on December 28, 2016
I did a lot of research before purchasing this umbrella and thought it was the one to get. I bought this one and the larger version and they both have broke. on the 68": one of the rods that holds up the actual umbrella broke completely off. On the 43": several of the rods have pushed through the material and is starting to rip. I have contacted the company and they stated I need to pay $10 for each umbrella to have it shipped back. Also, I will have to pay the shipping cost to the facility. I am not going to invest any more money (potentially an extra $30-$40 dollars) into these umbrellas. I will simply try to fix them myself and avoid the unnecessary cost of shipping them. I am a huge fan of buying high quality products and do not mind to pay a little more for something that will last. This umbrella is simply a waste of money. I would not recommend this umbrella to a friend nor will I be buying anything from them in the future. Take the "lifetime warranty" for what it is worth.
on March 10, 2016
I have only used this umbrella about two dozen times in California, and in gentle rain it was fine. Today was the first real storm by California standards (we got just over a whole inch of rain, with a little wind), and the umbrella completely collapsed. It will no longer fold up at all, and the mechanism on the inside top of the umbrella has completely fallen apart. I paid more for this umbrella hoping it would be sturdy and would last. Total failure.

Worse, don't try relying on the "warranty." The website for the manufacturer doesn't even include a section describing a warranty, and no contact information to find out. Wanted to believe it was worth it to spend more for quality. Not worth it with these guys.
on May 10, 2016
I bought this umbrella almost 5 months ago. It is now completely unusable.
I thought I was investing in "A good one" and paid more than I ever did for an umbrella, first of all the canopy was too small, but I figured I would pass it on to my daughter. Unfortunately I wont have the chance. About three weeks ago, for no apparent reason (I never once dropped it, I never did anything but use it walking my dog when it rains, and hanging it on my door at home), one of the ribs broke, the next time I used it there were two broken ribs, when I tried to close it it wouldn't close...
Today I looked up the "Lifetime warranty" and found out that was as useless as the umbrella was.) Shame on Amazon for continuing to sell it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.