Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 17.5-Pound Bag
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Style: Adult Light|Size: 17.5 lb bag|Change

on June 19, 2013
Hill's has been around a long time now. That should tell you something. Yeah, yeah, there are other 'better' foods that cost you a ton of money, with 'more protein,' and 'farm fresh ingredients' etc. But c'mon. I've had dogs for all my 50 years, and in that time, I've fed them a variety of food. NONE makes them live longer. This one gives her a shiny coat and amazing energy. Be smart, but a quality food, like HIll's Science Diet, that doesn't make you take out a second mortgage, and you'll both be happy.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 2, 2015
I love this dog food and recently subscribed but this is how i received it so if this comes like this every month i will be unhappy. The product is great, the delivery however was not.
review image
88 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
Great food for my dog. She had a finicky stomach and suffered frequent bouts of diarrhea. I have to put her on Hill's® Prescription Diet® i/d® Canine Gastrointestinal Health. This was not an inexpensive proposition. On a recommendation from a very wise dog lover, I slowly transitioned her to Hill's Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, a much more affordable alternative. Her stool is appropriate and she loves the food. It appears to provide the nutrition and other benefits that she needs.

If you have a pup in similar straits, consider this food. Based on the success that I had, I recommend this without reservation.
on November 26, 2015
Used this dog food with great success for almost 2 years for our Great Dane. Found a dead mouse in my last new bag. Will not reorder.
on November 15, 2013
What a convenient way to shop, I will never go to Walmart again. Place an order and in 2 days it is at my door. My dog was so excited to get a package from his enemy, the delivery man, he peed a little bit.
on May 1, 2015
A couple months ago, our Saint Bernard seemed to take a liking to this brand better than another popular brand which we used for 2 years. That's why we just switched to Hill's Science and put it on Subscribe & Save. However today when I was emptying our first bag into the bowl, we found a dead mouse (or maybe a small rat... I'm too disgusted to examine closely).

Finding rodents or other contaminants in dog food is not unheard of. In other parts of the world, it may even be common. But because this is our first bag of Hill's Science and I'm 100% sure this rodent came from the factory, I'm going to dispose the mouse and cancel our future Subscribe & Save with Hill's Science.
on February 13, 2011
I would recommend this puppy food! We have a puppy that got off to a sad start. We found him along an interstate with a broken shoulder and was malnourished. After surgery on his shoulder and good nutrition with Hills Science Diet, he is a thriving, healthy and happy guy!
on June 18, 2013
I've tried several different dog food brands for my 7 year old black lab mix. This food is the only food that I have purchased where he consistently has healthy looking bowel movements. I would definitely recommend.
on October 4, 2013
They love it. Buying through Amazon because it's hard to find this 38.5 pound bag. Our local retailers stock a 33 pound version that costs the same. Dogs happy. They see the big box come in the door, and act crazy that the food truck has arrived yet again.
on April 9, 2014
Our Ridgeback and Greyhound have been on this food for a few years and this has been a part of our S&S delivery for a while now. Needing 2 bags a month makes the convenience of ordering from Amazon worth it. FWIW we haven't had any issues with the food being tainted. The product itself has been the best I've found to date for my dogs. I can't speak to the science part of what the product claims but I'm certain of one thing - no more room clearing gas! So if my pups eat well, appear to be happy and healthy, and I can breathe freely it's a food I can recommend for those with larger and older dogs.