Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Style: Adult Light|Flavor Name: Chicken Meal & Barley|Size: 17.5 lb Bag|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,269 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,384 reviews
on November 6, 2015
First few bags were very good. The last bag we ordered our dog could not hold the food down. We thought it may have been stuff he was picking up in the yard was making him sick. We keep him in making sure he was not eating things to make him sick but problem continued. We changed his food as a last resort before going to vet. Everything changed on the first bowl of new food. Had to toss almost 30 lbs of Hill's science diet puppy large breed dry dog food. Not sure if it was a bad batch. He has gone through almost 14 lbs of the new food and is doing fine.
on November 26, 2015
Used this dog food with great success for almost 2 years for our Great Dane. Found a dead mouse in my last new bag. Will not reorder.
review image
66 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
I'm so glad that I don't have to go to a pet specialty store to track this down now. I used to have to make a special trip once a month for dog food, remember to bring my coupons or pay $50/bag, and then have to lug it around the store to the car and then into the house. I am so thankful that Amazon has this service to deliver this product now. I will never go back to the pet store to buy my dog food again!

I switched my Goldendoodle​ from Purina to Science Diet when she was a puppy. She was having a lot of dietary issues, vomiting, diarrhea, and the like. I was desperate to have her feel better. The vet recommended switching her over to Science Diet and I am so glad that I did! Since switching over about 6 months ago - we have not had any issues with upset stomachs or diarrhea.
on November 15, 2013
What a convenient way to shop, I will never go to Walmart again. Place an order and in 2 days it is at my door. My dog was so excited to get a package from his enemy, the delivery man, he peed a little bit.
on January 20, 2017
We originally purchased this dog food for our one year old lab which had a very sensitive stomach. This food seemed to help his stools be more regular which meant less cleanup for us. It's not the cheapest dog food out there, but I do think it is higher quality. Both our dogs did seem to like it as well. Our pup has grown up a bit since then and no longer requires the special diet food so we have switched to other foods which are a little more economical.
on October 2, 2016
The Hill's Science Diet Adult dog food was a must when our aging English Shepard was getting old. We had switched her from her dog food due to weight loss problems. It was a different adult dog food. We fed this to her for the last few years of her life and it helped her get through. This is a great dog food.

We received this through the Amazon Subscribe and Save Program. It was nice to have a 33 lb bag of dog food delivered to my house. It saved me time, money and energy every month.
on December 14, 2016
Everyone out there has an opinion on dog food. If you do a search, science diet is considered a "mid-level" brand which to some people, mid-level is still trash because they like feeding their dogs gold plated meat for extra minerals. Truth is, the food that works best for your dog is the best food out there. I have a chocolate lab/weimaraner mix and science diet is the best food that i have found for my dog. When you change foods don't forget to slowly integrate the new food in with the old one. My dog like the larger kibble bits that comes in this bag as opposed to other large breed brands that have small kibble bits you would see in toy breed foods. My dog has seemed to like the chicken more than the lamb and it looks like it easier on her digestive system. The best thing I like about this bag is that it gives her the healthiest stools out of any other brand I have tried. I works for us but its really just trial and error for what works for you
on March 7, 2017
Great brand. I love the quality of this brand. My dog had a sensitive digestive system, and at almost 10yrs old, I can understand and sympathize. We switched to Science Diet about 1 year ago, after researching reviews about better quality food from Purina One True Instinct brand. The switch was the best decision for our German Shep/Lab mix. She has had no GI issues with this brand, and no coat problems either. My choice was confirmed when I noticed our Veterinarian carried this brand in their office! I should have paid attention and wised up long ago!
Enthusiast: Petson February 19, 2017
This dog food is great. My puppy likes the taste, and it doesn't turn into a gummy mess when I wet it down. But you need to know that this really is for LARGE breed puppies. The kibble is bigger than the kibble I feed my adult large breed dog. Puppy doesn't mind too much chomping on the large pieces right now since she's teething, but for super young puppies this probably isn't ideal unless you soak it first so it's easier to chew. But it's got a great nutrient ratio, and was recommended to me by our vet, so I feel confident feeding this.
review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2016
We use this for our Doberman and he likes it a lot. I wish chicken meal wasn't the main ingredient and the ingredients were more human-grade and healthier. None-the-less, he has less belly issues with it than some of the other foods we've fed him. It is somewhat expensive but it seems worth it and when we try others they are either SO expensive that it isn't worth it (he does eat a lot) or it messes up his belly. His coat stays nice, he enjoys the food, and is a very healthy dog. The big pieces seem to be helpful to him as well, since he is such a big guy. The dog food with smaller pieces s feel like they are just little crumbs that he eats, whereas he can munch on this better.