Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Amethyst Jewelry Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 573 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 627 reviews
on August 17, 2015
I have two yellow labs both around 11 years old, young now. They have always been active dogs, swimming, running, chasing the tennis ball, etc. and they have 5 acres of land to roam a pond and miles of wooded trails, a dog paradise. Last year I noticed a change in their behavior and looks not to mention they no longer had that young dog appearance. They didn't have much interest in the long walks or being outside much. I work from home so these two are with me all day in my shop and office, then with me and the family at night..I mention this as I would notice any change in these two immediately. They are basically my silent business partners and I'd be lost without them and their company. So I started looking into nutrition and supplements to help them out and found Hill's Science Diet and the results were amazing, simply amazing. A complete 180...their fur is much softer and no more itching, eyes are bright and the energy...wow, the energy levels of a three year old lab are back. We used to buy Pedigree and other lesser priced (20.00) bags and then I compared the ingredients of both. I now have no problem spending more for high quality dog food and my dogs absolutely love this stuff, it is worth every penny. It's such a great feeling to know that since they contribute so much to my family it's the least we could do to spend a bit more to make them happy and comfortable. If you truly appreciate your animal, do yourself a favor and utilize Hill's products.
on December 27, 2015
Ive been feeding Science Diet to my dogs for some time, it is a trusted brand. I first started feeding the Mature Active Longevity Small Bites and thought it said that glucosamine and chondroitin were added, now it just says 'from natural sources'. So that is confusing. Anyway, my dogs truly love this food. Happy dancing and loud barks when the dry food is added to the bowls! On another note: I sincerely don't understand how people who are paid to do reviews can do an honest review of a dog food unless they have used it for a long time. It is only over time that the effects of a food can be evaluated. I would trust a non-paid pet food reviewer's comments over a paid reviewer any day.
on June 20, 2014
I have a 15 year old mini Daschound who is the Queen of our domain!

She has had tummy problems off and on for 3 years. The vet was insisting on
Every other brand. The Hills I just ordered on a whim and my sweet pup has
NEVER had another problem and is so happy and acts like a three year old!
Thank you Amazon for being there when we were desperate to search for a new product.
on January 19, 2017
I had switched to this food after going through a few for my 14 year old Bulldog/Dalmatian mix. I had him on Purina for many years, but as he got older even their senior dog mix didn't do much for him. I next switched him to Blue Buffalo, which I found out too late is very high in carbs and even though I was feeding him less, he gained a lot of weight very quickly. At my vet's recommendation, I then switched him to Royal Canin, which caused him to get sick and have seizures and low energy. Frustrated, I went to Consumer Affairs and many other serious sites with reviews, and Science Diet kept coming up as a clearly good selection. I then switched my poor dog to Science Diet about 6 months ago and the seizures stopped, he gained more energy, his weight is exactly where it should be, and he seems happier and healthier than ever. Really happy with these results - when you have a dog this old, the right food really makes a huge difference in the quality of life.
on January 1, 2017
Well, my dog loves it! I have a 7 pound Chihuahua and he seems to like it just fine. Cheaper to buy the big bag. As you can imagine, my little dog doesn't go thru a bag this size very fast. When I open it, I divide it up in gallon size zipper lock bags (about 10 cups per bag - I think I fill 7 or 8 bags) and put them in the freezer. I just take a new bag out the night before I need it, and it's ready to use the next morning. Freezes great and doesn't seem to affect the food itself. We're on our 3rd large bag now, and have had no problems.
on January 1, 2017
This brand recently became difficult, ney, impossible to buy at our local pet-stuff store. They quit stocking it for some unknown-to-me reason.

Thank heavens. I am actually glad they did. I never looked forward to going to the big box store just to get this dry dog food. Brand and size that my dog has been eating for years and years. Now I can get exactly what I want, delivered to my door in just a few days. Saves me from driving 15 miles in to town! One-way! And, it’s no more expensive. Nothing less than 5 stars. What’s not to love?
on November 23, 2016
I bought this for my13 year shih-tzu dogs and they love it. They weren't eating well so I changed to this and they are now healthy and eating. They are getting their energy back and I love the size for them. Small and round, hard but still moist to the feel. No diarrhea or upset tummy, just happy dogs.
on October 28, 2015
I, long ago, stopped using Science Diet because of their price & the fact that they continued to use by-products
long after a variety of other, premium, dog foods stopped using by-products (among other crappy ingredients).
I have a 14 year old Pom and recently, someone recommended this product to me. Told me it was great, easy
to chew & digest and had no by-products.
Well. I bought a bag and sure enough, my Pom is eating a handful twice a day with no problem. I am very
pleased and will continue to buy this food for her.
For this I would recommend Science Diet Mature Adult Active... esp if you have a smaller, older dog.
on December 7, 2016
Love this food. We have used science diet for our (now) old men dogs since they were 2 and 3. One of my dogs is 12 and still races puppies at the dog park! The other, as our vet says, is in surprisingly great shape for a 13 y/o purebred corgi. Recommend this food completely.
on March 3, 2016
Had to purchase this as my dog food of choice (Eukanuba) discontinued my dog's food, a diet he had been on for many years. I was devastated and had to decide what I could supplement my dog's diet with of comparable quality. So naturally I chose Hill's Science Diet. There really was not much of a transition to get the dogs over to this brand, they tolerated it quite well very quickly. It's seems as nutritionally balanced as what they formerly eating.
I love that I can purchase the large bags here on Amazon with Subscribe and Save!

PROS:
-Easy to transition from another brand.
-Dog's seem to like the taste.
-Nutritionally balanced.

CONS:
-Large kibble, wish it was smaller bite.
-Do not see where this is manufactured anywhere in the product description.
Recommend to a friend? Very likely.
Would I purchase again? Yes.

Overall Impression:
Good quality, brand name nutrition for your precious canine family.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.