Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 606 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 664 reviews
on August 17, 2015
I have two yellow labs both around 11 years old, young now. They have always been active dogs, swimming, running, chasing the tennis ball, etc. and they have 5 acres of land to roam a pond and miles of wooded trails, a dog paradise. Last year I noticed a change in their behavior and looks not to mention they no longer had that young dog appearance. They didn't have much interest in the long walks or being outside much. I work from home so these two are with me all day in my shop and office, then with me and the family at night..I mention this as I would notice any change in these two immediately. They are basically my silent business partners and I'd be lost without them and their company. So I started looking into nutrition and supplements to help them out and found Hill's Science Diet and the results were amazing, simply amazing. A complete 180...their fur is much softer and no more itching, eyes are bright and the energy...wow, the energy levels of a three year old lab are back. We used to buy Pedigree and other lesser priced (20.00) bags and then I compared the ingredients of both. I now have no problem spending more for high quality dog food and my dogs absolutely love this stuff, it is worth every penny. It's such a great feeling to know that since they contribute so much to my family it's the least we could do to spend a bit more to make them happy and comfortable. If you truly appreciate your animal, do yourself a favor and utilize Hill's products.
on March 3, 2016
Had to purchase this as my dog food of choice (Eukanuba) discontinued my dog's food, a diet he had been on for many years. I was devastated and had to decide what I could supplement my dog's diet with of comparable quality. So naturally I chose Hill's Science Diet. There really was not much of a transition to get the dogs over to this brand, they tolerated it quite well very quickly. It's seems as nutritionally balanced as what they formerly eating.
I love that I can purchase the large bags here on Amazon with Subscribe and Save!

PROS:
-Easy to transition from another brand.
-Dog's seem to like the taste.
-Nutritionally balanced.

CONS:
-Large kibble, wish it was smaller bite.
-Do not see where this is manufactured anywhere in the product description.
Recommend to a friend? Very likely.
Would I purchase again? Yes.

Overall Impression:
Good quality, brand name nutrition for your precious canine family.
on December 27, 2015
Ive been feeding Science Diet to my dogs for some time, it is a trusted brand. I first started feeding the Mature Active Longevity Small Bites and thought it said that glucosamine and chondroitin were added, now it just says 'from natural sources'. So that is confusing. Anyway, my dogs truly love this food. Happy dancing and loud barks when the dry food is added to the bowls! On another note: I sincerely don't understand how people who are paid to do reviews can do an honest review of a dog food unless they have used it for a long time. It is only over time that the effects of a food can be evaluated. I would trust a non-paid pet food reviewer's comments over a paid reviewer any day.
on November 23, 2016
I bought this for my13 year shih-tzu dogs and they love it. They weren't eating well so I changed to this and they are now healthy and eating. They are getting their energy back and I love the size for them. Small and round, hard but still moist to the feel. No diarrhea or upset tummy, just happy dogs.
on January 19, 2017
I had switched to this food after going through a few for my 14 year old Bulldog/Dalmatian mix. I had him on Purina for many years, but as he got older even their senior dog mix didn't do much for him. I next switched him to Blue Buffalo, which I found out too late is very high in carbs and even though I was feeding him less, he gained a lot of weight very quickly. At my vet's recommendation, I then switched him to Royal Canin, which caused him to get sick and have seizures and low energy. Frustrated, I went to Consumer Affairs and many other serious sites with reviews, and Science Diet kept coming up as a clearly good selection. I then switched my poor dog to Science Diet about 6 months ago and the seizures stopped, he gained more energy, his weight is exactly where it should be, and he seems happier and healthier than ever. Really happy with these results - when you have a dog this old, the right food really makes a huge difference in the quality of life.
on October 25, 2016
I have 4 dogs with 3 of them being over 10. The food smells like human food and the small bites make it easy for them to eat. We switched from another high protien brand after one of our senior dogs had a stroke and we looked into "senior longevity" types. Since switching to SD the all of our dogs have improved in alertness, focus and their fur is also soft.
I have to say, our walks have improved on my end... as their poop doesn't stink anymore! Never thought that the food could do that but it makes sense. I always dreaded going on walks for the smell of their poops was intense (lol) and carrying bags for 4 dogs could get a bit overwhelming.
I know the price might seem daunting but due to the better ingredients they dogs eat less and it doesn't have filler. I also live in Alaska and it is cheaper on Amazon than in local stores. Well worth the price. Plus if the dogs are going to eat the same thing everyday, might as well make it something delicious and nutritious for them!
review image
on January 1, 2017
Well, my dog loves it! I have a 7 pound Chihuahua and he seems to like it just fine. Cheaper to buy the big bag. As you can imagine, my little dog doesn't go thru a bag this size very fast. When I open it, I divide it up in gallon size zipper lock bags (about 10 cups per bag - I think I fill 7 or 8 bags) and put them in the freezer. I just take a new bag out the night before I need it, and it's ready to use the next morning. Freezes great and doesn't seem to affect the food itself. We're on our 3rd large bag now, and have had no problems.
on December 7, 2016
Love this food. We have used science diet for our (now) old men dogs since they were 2 and 3. One of my dogs is 12 and still races puppies at the dog park! The other, as our vet says, is in surprisingly great shape for a 13 y/o purebred corgi. Recommend this food completely.
on June 1, 2016
This is the only dog food that my very elderly toy dog (15 year old shih tzu) Molly can tolerate. Every other food makes her physically sick or dries out her skin to the point she makes it bleed from scratching herself raw. I believe it's full of premium ingredients that other brands hadn't came close to. I feel safe giving her this brand each time and she never gets tired of it. The pieces are small enough for her to still chew and swallow without a worry of choking. It fills her up for most of the day with a seemingly small portion. She hasn't gotten over weight from this food and her skin and hair looks so healthy compared to other foods we had tried.

I love that I can order this brand on Amazon as my local pet stores either are never in stock with this specific type or charge outrageous amounts! Plus it's convenient to not have to leave the house. Also wanted to note that I use this food in my pet rat food mix. They also are in love with it! It keeps their hair healthy and has stopped the shedding I was having issues with before. It's also kept weight on my elderly (3+ years old) rats. Just wanted to add that other animals can tolerate this brand/type just fine as well. This makes me want to try the other flavors. The wet dog food of this type is just as good by the way! When Molly or my rats don't feel like chewing as much, the wet dog food version saves the day!

If anyone has any questions or if my review helped you let me know!
VINE VOICEon May 19, 2017
My vet recommended Hills Science Diet for my fur babies who are over seven and within a month I can could tell a difference in how well they moved and began to play again. Since my vet recommended this food I highly recommend it, and it can even help those fur babies who may not be at the 7 year mark to help them when they do reach that age. This is the only food my fur babies will eat.