Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 658 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 720 reviews
on January 1, 2017
This brand recently became difficult, ney, impossible to buy at our local pet-stuff store. They quit stocking it for some unknown-to-me reason.

Thank heavens. I am actually glad they did. I never looked forward to going to the big box store just to get this dry dog food. Brand and size that my dog has been eating for years and years. Now I can get exactly what I want, delivered to my door in just a few days. Saves me from driving 15 miles in to town! One-way! And, it’s no more expensive. Nothing less than 5 stars. What’s not to love?
on October 19, 2015
Both my dogs love this food and seem to do really well on it. I have to soak it for my older (16y.o.) chihuahua, while the younger (at 11) likes the crunch. My older dog still has the pep to run around at the park and jump up onto the couch, so I'm pretty confident that his dietary needs are being met. The vet has also mentioned he's in great shape, considering his age and his heart murmur.
The only thing I'd change about it is the kibble is too dense for my oldest dog to chew without soaking it first. It would be nice if it was crispier vs crunchy.
review image
on February 11, 2016
I started purchasing this for my dogs once both of them hit "senior" age and another brand of food didn't seem to be enjoyable for them. I have a (now) 10 year old lab mix and a 8 year old puggle who were both starting to slow down even when switched to another brand's senior food.

Both of my dogs go crazy for this food and after about a month of eating Science Diet Mature Adult Active both have more energy, my lab has the energy he had when he was 3 or 4 (the puggle also has more energy but has always been pretty lazy HA!)

I would highly recommend this food for anyone who has a senior dog, they seem to love the taste and it definitely has helped get their energy levels up again. The price is fair and I love the added convenience of subscribe and save (with a discount even!) so I never have to plan a special trip to the pet store for their food (in my area this is only sold in pet stores that are 15 - 20 minutes away from my house and in the opposite direction from where I do my regular/grocery shopping.)
on December 17, 2015
I purchased Hill's Science Diet because my little dogs would't eat their Taste of the Wild any longer. They both have food allergies and have both done very well on this dog food. I have a Maltese that is 8 lbs and a Terrier Mix that weighs 11 lbs. My Maltese has more digestive problems then my Terrier and this food has been good for her. She is becoming more regular. She is our "burping" dog. Seriously, burps all of the time! She probably went from burping 10x a day to 2x's a day. I have had to buy the Feline version because my cats started eating the dog's food and I was having a hard time keeping them out of it! Delivery time was fast and came in a sturdy box.
on August 5, 2015
My parents had used this food for their dogs years ago and swore by it so I decided to try it when my dogs gained a lot of weight. I tried every food at the grocery store that was supposed to help dogs loose weight and none of them worked. In fact, my beagle gained weight. I started all 3 of my dogs on this food about 3 weeks ago and boy has it made a difference. My main concern was for my beagle. She is 7 years old, 9 inches tall and 34 pounds. She used to lay around a lot even on diet food. Since she has been on this food she has had a lot more energy. She runs around and plays a lot more which is great to see. So far she has only lost about 2 pounds but with a dog her size every pound counts. Also I have another dog that is diabetic and since starting on this food her sugar level has been right where it needs to be. We had had problems with her sugar level spiking on other foods. I will definitely keep my dogs on this food. One other thing is that this food seems to last longer and my dogs go CRAZY over it. They cry and jump around while I am fixing their food now.
on January 27, 2016
My dog loves this food. He is a smaller mixed breed dog (aka he has smaller teeth); therefore, he prefers a smaller sized kibble. He has been eating Hill's Science Diet Small Bites for years. It took a while to find a food that he really likes to eat every day and was easy for him to chew with his smaller teeth. Within the last year (since he turned 8 years old) we switched him over to the Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Active Longevity Small Bites food. It has some additional vitamins and supplements (to help with mature dogs health) than his previous food (Hills Science Diet Small Bites). Overall, he loves his food. It's easy to chew. His coat is as beautiful as ever.

We purchase this food as "Subscribe and Save". It is delivered every month. Love the convenience and never running out of food at an inconvenient time.

5 stars for a top quality food.
on March 3, 2016
Had to purchase this as my dog food of choice (Eukanuba) discontinued my dog's food, a diet he had been on for many years. I was devastated and had to decide what I could supplement my dog's diet with of comparable quality. So naturally I chose Hill's Science Diet. There really was not much of a transition to get the dogs over to this brand, they tolerated it quite well very quickly. It's seems as nutritionally balanced as what they formerly eating.
I love that I can purchase the large bags here on Amazon with Subscribe and Save!

PROS:
-Easy to transition from another brand.
-Dog's seem to like the taste.
-Nutritionally balanced.

CONS:
-Large kibble, wish it was smaller bite.
-Do not see where this is manufactured anywhere in the product description.
Recommend to a friend? Very likely.
Would I purchase again? Yes.

Overall Impression:
Good quality, brand name nutrition for your precious canine family.
on July 27, 2017
I have a weimaraner and dachshund, they both hate this food. I have to mix in table scraps just to get them to eat this until their new food comes in. It also makes their poo smell really bad. Makes me sad because I like science diet.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2016
My dog has early-stage renal disease. She tolerates this low-phosphorous dog food well, and she chows down on it. I appreciate that it's widely available and does not require a prescription.
on February 15, 2017
I’ve been using Hill’s Science Diet for over 20 years. When it first came out, all those years ago, it was the state-of-the-art dog food of its time. More expensive and scientific. In addition to the nutrition values, it also advertised less poop. That made sense, so I gave it a try. My first dog, Chinua, lived a healthy sixteen years; my current dog, Zoey, has been eating Science Diet for six years and is also doing well. I know there are myriad other new scientific dog foods, with their attendant cost, and I’m sure they do as advertised. But I’m good with Hill’s Science Diet.