Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,016 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6,036 reviews
on February 17, 2016
I've only had this for about 2 weeks now, but learning curve was much lower than expected.
The letter "Y" had been an ambi-letter for me where I used both my right and left hand so I do miss the ability to reach over to "Y" with my left-hand now, but for the comfort gained from this super cheap $20 keyboard, not much of a sacrifice.

The 10-key portion, I do wish that the NumLock key and the "=" key would switch places.
Do people switch NumLock On and Off that frequently?
For Excel formulas, yes, you can start a formula with "+", but still, they're technically supposed to start off with an "=" and it would make things much easier, making it quicker...
Or it would have been nice to make the 10-key portion all one clump, making it more reachable and I have decently big hands...
But, I assume they placed that slight distance for sake of uniformity/aesthetics.

Yet, the option of "=", "(", ")" and a backspace right above the 10-key portion is very Excel friendly and appreciated.
I just need to program myself to remember that.

If you have the desk-space and type a lot and/or use Excel a lot, this keyboard is definitely a must-buy.
Oh!! And the "command key" or the "right-click key" on the bottom right, in between the Alt and Ctrl key is so awesome!!
That's definitely a must-have for hot-key lovers, right?

I am generally a huge fan of Logitech products, but for some reason, Logitech uses that button as their Fn key for pretty much all of their keyboards.

But of course, many of the things that I mention are personal preferences...
on July 21, 2017
I have used this on the Mac OS for several years and really like it. Good feeling on the keys, great ergonomics and wrist pad, a full range of keys, all at a fair price.

Two small things to note: One, this keyboard's option key on the right side doesn't work on Macs. I don't mind that. Two, this week the 4000 I've used for several years went belly-up in a weird way: Certain keys produced two characters. Eg, typing 'o' produced 'yo' and typing '5' produced '`5'. I spent way too long troubleshooting with software and the Mac OS, then simply swapped it out for a brand-new 4000, and all is well. So if this goes wonky after several years, it might be the hardware, even if seems to be a software issue.. [I keep an extra, brand-new one of these in my office, just in case of this, or in case the model is discontinued. At $45, it's an easy decision.]

Also, as of Mac OS 10.12.5, the v.8.2 of the Intellitype software for this keyboard is *not* compatible w/ the Mac. It's uninstallable b/c it doesn't meet new Apple security standards. Fortunately, the keyboard works just fine *without* the software. If you need to customize keys, the app Karibiner is helpful.

Finally, I wish this keyboard were wireless, but I can't that against it. For me, the technology for wireless keyboards isn't yet good enough. I just finished testing six top wireless keyboards, and all had too much tradeoff in accuracy (ie, certain keystrokes often weren't received by the computer).
on December 30, 2015
This has been my go to keyboard ever since Microsoft discontinued the original "Natural Multimedia" keyboard. Sadly, the 4000 only lasts a few years, at best, and each new one I purchase seems to have lower build quality than the last one. Microsoft (and/or their supplier) seem to be shaving every last penny out of this keyboard. Yeah it looks the same, but lettering wears off the keys quickly, the space bar rattles and has poor response, and the keys have become more noisy and sloppy. The overall feel is far worse than the original 4000.

All the newer "ergonomic" keyboards are mostly wireless which has its own disadvantages. Microsoft has also dramatically changed the layout of the delete/home/end/etc. keys on their newer ergo keyboards (like the Sculpt models) and switched to even smaller barely usable function keys. Logitech has the big bloated ugly Wave which is also arguably worse than the 4000. So this keyboard remains the lesser evil among a poor selection of ergo options. I just wish Microsoft would come out with a "4500" with the same layout and proper two color injection molded keycaps (instead of cheap silkscreened letters that wear off), higher quality feel, and a better space bar mechanism. I'd gladly pay more for such a keyboard.

And, for those wondering, there's no difference in the current bulk, retail, and business versions of this keyboard besides the packaging. They all feel cheap, rattle, and are short lived with heavy use.
on October 20, 2016
I had a Microsoft Ergonomic 7000 keyboard/mouse set. A terrific set. When it no longer functioned, I wished to replace the mouse, which had stopped working. I discovered that one must buy both the keyboard and mouse as they are keyed only to each other. No one part fix would work. Hundreds of dollars. While flipping around the net, I ran across a customer comment, indicating the exact same problem. His fix was to buy the Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 keyboard (wired), and an inexpensive wireless mouse. The telling part of his comment was that he found no difference between the 7000 and 4000 keyboards. None.
I bought a 4000 for about forty dollars and change. He was right. The tactile response, comfort from the curved shape - the same. It could be said that bargains from Microsoft are few and far between. This keyboard is a real bargain.
If you have never tried a wave keyboard, the 4000 is a both a good, and inexpensive choice.
on November 26, 2016
Took me about a week to get used to this but once I did, I can't go back to a typical straight keyboard. It's much easier on my fingers and wrist. My typing WPM has increased and I can type longer than I did before. But I can't stress enough that you MUST give it at least a week to get used to it. Your first day or two is going to be awkward and uncomfortable but just keep at it. If you give it a chance, you'll love it and once you do get used to it, try going back to your old keyboard. You'll immediately see how bad it was...unless you're the exception.

Spacebar is a bit loud. I guess it's the nature of having a solid, long and curved key for this particular keyboard. This is my 3rd one like this and all are the same loudness. I'm only on my 3rd because I spilled something on the first one and dropped the second one down the stairs while moving. So it's not due to the keyboard itself wearing out.
on January 6, 2016
This is the only keyboard my significant other will use. He loves the Ergonomic feel of it and insists it's better on his wrists.
In my experience I cannot use it as I am used to a normal keyboard and do not want to take the time to learn how to use his keyboard (it's split down the middle of the keys with a large lump so that it feels better on the way your hands sit, however it makes typing a totally different experience and you sort of have to "relearn" how to type.) but he has had no issues and has been using that type of keyboard for years and years. Of all the ergonomic keyboards out there he likes this one model in particular (and as his break he likes that I order the SAME ONE.) because it has more of a raise in the keyboard than other ones do. He spilled milk on one and shorted some of the keys out and had me order the same exact keyboard, and then the one prior to that just went out after years of use and abuse. (He is an avid gamer, surfs the web, e-mail, social media, everything. Spends a lot of time at the computer.)
So if you're looking for the best ergonomic keyboard you're ever gonna find, this is it. But just realize if you're not used to the split keyboard feature (and it's not physically split I just mean the raised lump) you will have to spend some time getting used to it and re-learning how to type.
Otherwise a great deal and a great purchase.
on March 7, 2016
This keyboard is truly great. I know some people complained about the spacebar, but it's not an issue for me.
Yes, this keyboard took a minor adjustment to get used to...I'm a very skilled touch typist and it took me roughly 15 minutes to adapt to it.
That's not too bad in my experience.

Buy this keyboard if you are looking for something to replace corporate or stock Dell / HP / etc. keyboards. You will NOT be disappointed.
For clarity, I work for the Government (replaced an HP keyboard with built in CAC reader) and use this keyboard to replace the government furnished one as well as a standard SCM Microsystems desktop CAC reader. Both work great. Also, I have 1 desktop computer, 2 monitors and a laptop on my desk, so I used all of these with IOGEAR 2-Port USB KVM Switch (Model Number GCS22U) and it works wonderfully to switch keyboard & mice inputs between desktop and laptop. The second input of the second monitor is always attached to the laptop (I just have to hit a button on the screen to get dual laptop display) and the input on the first monitor is always connected to the desktop, so I didn't need to use the monitor part of the KVM switch. This particular KVM switch comes with a little toggle button that fits perfectly on top of the "Microsoft" logo (top right of keyboard) on this keyboard, making very easy and convenient to switch inputs. All in all, very pleased with this purchase.
on May 22, 2017
I like the feel of the keyboard. It helps with some of my wrist pain but the keys are soooooo loud especially the space bar. I try to type as quiet as possible so I don't disturb my coworkers but you have to type slow so the kick back is lessened. Not a complete deal breaker but I rather use at home than work.
on February 21, 2017
Mostly good things to say about this keyboard.

Pros:

Keys are solid and responsive to the touch.
The shortcut keys across the top work well and are very handy
Keyboard is study and appears to be built to last
The "slant" of keyboard is natural and takes pressure off of wrists
Loads with windows without needing any drivers etc
I've had zero problems so far with any features thus far

Cons:
The position of the keys are very awkward, I'm not really sure why. I'm still having a difficult time of typing without looking at keys even though I've used Ergonomic keyboards before. It's as if the spacing of them is slightly different.

I word recommend this product even for people who don't need an Ergonomic Keyboard
on April 10, 2015
Purchased Dec. 4, 2011 and it worked perfectly for the last three years, which is more than I expect from a $30 keyboard! I'm only replacing it because the ink on some of the keys I use the most is finally starting to wear off, and my new desk setup pretty much requires a keyboard with illuminated keys.

I've been using ergonomic keyboards since they first came out and the MS "Natural" ones have always been my favorites. This one improves on the old style with the addition of multimedia keys and other helpful additions, but like the original, maintains a solid feeling key action, superb durability, and possibly the perfect ergonomic design for touch typists, especially with larger hands.

Now if only Microsoft would follow this one up with a model with back lit keys I would never look at a different brand or model again. Make the first truly ergonomic with back lit keys and Cherry MX switches and you'd end up with a lot of the gamer market too! Build it and they will come...