Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,015 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,122 reviews
on April 13, 2015
Very well made and sturdy. Has rubber "feet" on it to prevent it from sliding around if you place it on the floor or hang it up. Very helpful to have. Wish I could've seen the back of it before buying it, but regardless, I would have purchased. I took a picture of the back so others can see what I originally wanted to see.
review image review image
22 comments| 330 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2015
Great scratcher for our cat. She loves it. It also feels well constructed and has four rubber feet that keep it flat on the floor. The main part is covered in a heavy cloth that she can scratch and it actually appears to be quite durable.
review image
0Comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2015
This cat scratcher is the bomb! I used to use those corregated cardboard scratchers and they shed bits of cardboard everywhere. Only one of my cats ever used it. As soon as I put this one down, the first cat was on it. I always put catnip on the scratchers to encourage them to use it and of course she loved that. Later that day, I saw the one who never uses the cardboard scratcher was actually digging her claws into this one! Both of my cats now use it often. I have had it for several months and it is still in great shape, no shedding pieces. I have it on the floor, but you can mount it on the wall. It is heavier and longer that the cardboard ones and my cats will sometimes just lay on it (no doubt waiting for catnip.) Because of the way they lounge on it waiting for their drugs, we call it the opium bed. Well worth the extra cost over the cardboard scratchers. I will buy another one if this one ever wears out.
review image
0Comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2017
I bought this in 2016, over a year ago and my cats haven't touched it. They destroy the identical one next to it. I bought another back in 2012 from the same seller and you can see which they prefer from the photo. I finally figured out why, it only took me a year. It's a chemical. The sticker on on says "Formaldehyde content is in compliance with carb phase 1.". The other similar sticker says the same but carb phase 2. My cats won't touch phase 2, it has stronger chemicals (caps the emissions at .05 ppm versus.08 ppm). This is rated because they make rugs with this material.

I was curious so I googled more and thought I'd share.

The California Environmental Protection Agency created this regulation, it has to do with reducing formaldehyde emissions from composite wood products, hardwood plywood, particleboard and medium density fiberboard (MDF).

It would nice to see chemical free scratchers.
review image review image
44 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2017
I purchased two of these to replace mounted cardboard scratchers strategically located in my home to discourage furniture damage. The kitties took to them immediately, and my husband was relieved at the absence of cardboard shavings on the floor. I did have to remove the rubber feet to mount them, and as handy as I am, I must admit that I was bested by the plastic piece that comes with the screw for mounting it. I successfully installed one of the scratchers with one of those all-in-one picture-hanging screws, but the back panel on the second scratcher was too thick to fit over that type of hardware, so I ended up using the original screw after messing up the drywall a few times. It swings around a bit because I couldn't completely secure it, so I plan to get some of those damage-free velcro hanging strips for added stability. The flat design is perfect, and the light wood finish isn't far from that of the cabinetry in my home, though I would have loved an espresso finish, too. I love functional products that don't make me look like a crazy cat lady!
on March 15, 2016
Extremely well made cat scratcher. In fact, I can't find a thing wrong with it other than the fact that not one of my cats will use it. It's heavy and won't move around with your cats but my cat's just aren't interested. I'll be donating it to the local TNR Shelter and Rescue. Since then, I ordered a 4' x 6' water hog doormat and they are now using that mat as a scratcher rather than my furniture or wall to wall carpeting. Good news: not only did I need a better doormat to hide a cat run in berber carpet, but the Water Hog has fabric edges (doesn't look industrial), and while trapping dirt, snow, etc., it's actually holding up to my cat's scratching! It cost a whole lot more but it has given them plenty of room to exercise their natural instincts without destroying more expensive investments. Wish I'd thought of that sooner.
on August 27, 2015
This inexpensive scratcher saved my new rug. I had purchased an area rug for my living room and my cat began clawing at it in short order. I tried spraying it with various homemade and store-bought scratch deterrents, but nothing helped. I already had one scratcher (the rope-covered post kind), but after some research I decided to buy this and put it next to the rug as a more attractive alternative.

When it arrived, I sprayed it with catnip and put some treats on it to entice my cat. He took to it pretty quickly and didn't scratch the rug again after that. He's able to fit his body on it and still scratch comfortably. I rotate it 180 degrees every once in a while so it wears more evenly.

I had to get rid of it when I moved because there wasn't enough room to fit it (not that it's inappropriately large, I just overpacked), but I purchased another one as soon as I got to my new place. He took to it pretty quickly again. I think it's a great value for the price and it looks inoffensive as far as cat accessories go.
on July 13, 2016
I bought this for my mom and dad's two cats in December 2015. They had a taller perch with a carpeted scratcher that left pieces of carpet on the floor, and one made of cardboard that just got shredded and left little bits all over the place. Because they were so used to clawing on that type of material, they often mistook the furniture for a scratcher.

Cats love sisal! Within a few minutes of putting this on the floor, the cats were all over it. It's better for their claws and saves the furniture (kind of!). They also love to just lay on it. Sprinkle it with catnip if your cat is hesitant to use it.

This is a VERY sturdy, well constructed, weighty scratcher. It doesn't move around on the carpet at all. With the rubber feet, it would probably be great on hardwood or tile. They've leaned it against the wall and the cats used it without knocking it over. It's probably best to mount it on the wall if you know you want to keep it there.

We are all very happy with this purchase and I highly recommend it!
on August 27, 2017
This scratcher is an integral part of our cat's workout routine. He loves it so much that when we moved overseas, we ordered and shipped a second one over for him. We have these on the ground in his bedroom and in the kitchen, and at 17 years old, he'll still race from one to the other during his daily 'kitty crazy-time' to scratch maniacally and rub his face all over them. The older scratcher is starting to fray on one end, but these have both held up very well considering the abuse they receive. Highly recommended.
on June 10, 2017
My kitten is still figuring out what he can and cannot scratch. I bought this to give him a different type of material (I had already bought a cardboard type scratcher, and he has his kitty condo). He used it almost immediately and has been using it rather consistently. I have not even mounted it, yet, it has been propped up on the side of the love seat where he was scratching. I will most likely purchase another one (or two)
**update 7/29/17: I ordered a second one and as soon as I set it up my cat went right over and used it. I put it in the bedroom to keep him from scratching the side on my bed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.