Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: Black/Red|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,992 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,198 reviews
on May 24, 2016
It's a great watch for the price. I appreciate the dual time display. Analog is on local time and digital is on zulu time for me. It's durable and simple. It's very light weight. The light is enough to help you see the digital time with out being bright enough to mess with your night vision. This is also not a huge watch like most G-Shock watches are. It does not have a sweeping second hand but seconds are displayed on the digital display. The watch does not break the bank which means I won't be to bothered if I destroy it. It's a tool not an heirloom.
review image
on March 8, 2017
I personally like this watch. I saw where someone complained that it was too small. I disagree. I bought my first G Shock in 1987. That watch was ridiculous big. I have not one complaint. It is genuine and does come with instructions. I like the fact that you can see the LED time @ night if you move it from the date and menu setting. (Very Easy) You can not see the hands at night, but that's OK with me.

UPDATE: I was wrong about seeing it @ night. You can totally see the hands, and 3-6-9. I guess they needed to absorb light. Way better than I expected!

One little thing to make it easy to set the date and year.....Hold the button in @ the upper left. This will advance the hour hand, so that it will be out of the way when you set the date, year and so on. Enjoy!
on November 11, 2015
Actually a lot more compact than I thought, but better looking than in the ad. Some have complained about the difficultly in setting the watch features, but follow the little handbook and you should have no problem. It took me less than ten minutes to get everything the way I wanted it. Some have said that this watch could be worn with a tux. I wouldn't go that far, but it's certainly OK for Biz wear. The one big problem, commented on by other reviewers, is that the strap is too short. My wrist is about average size, but I can't get the strap to not pop out of the retaining slide because it's not long enough. Also, forget about any luminosity in the dark on the hands or numbers. That's why three stars.
on August 3, 2016
Pro's
- It works, mostly(see cons)
- Ok Price

Con's
-One star goes for the fact that i cant figure out how to turn off the key tone. I went through the manual and didn't see a section that said "Key Tone".
(If someone knows how to turn off the sound when the keys are being pressed ill gladly restore the star)
-Second con is that the analog handles don't actually follow the digital time. This is just ridiculous, wont ever buy watch of this kind. For the record what happens is you set the digital time and when you exit out of the setup mode you now have to Manually move the analog handles to once again fit the time. On other watches this is done automatically.

Other Comments
The watch itself is small. For me too small. So will probably get rid of it as it looks out of place on a guy of about 6'. Next time i will make sure to check that the screen is the Large version not the super tiny, that's on me.
on March 10, 2017
This is my first G-shock watch and first watch of this type. The reviews were all good so I wanted to try it. It may be a lower end G-shock but it is the only one I have had. The price on Amazon was wonderful! I see it priced at least 20% higher on other sites. It is the best fitting watch i have ever placed upon my wrist. It feels good and sits just the way I like it. The dial can be a bit dark depending on the lighting of the room. I knew it did not have a second hand so I can't factor that into this review. I have only had it for about 10 days now so my judgement is not final. However, I am glad I bought it, love the fit, happy with the price, & Casio G-shock has a very good reputation. I am no whiz but setting the time etc. was simple. If I can do it easily, anyone can.
on January 7, 2017
I had recently purchased the Casio F91W but returned it when I found this watch on Amazon. I had never owned a G-Shock watch before, however, I did know that they were good watches with an excellent reputation. I have small wrists - about 6 inches - but still wanted a G-Shock watch, even though most of their case sizes are 50 mm and above. This watch has around a 40 mm case diameter which is perfect for my wrist without being too large and bulky. The watch is quite thick - about 13 mm - however, this isn't a real problem considering how durable it is and the fact that I sometimes forget it is even on. The band is made of resin which feels a bit like rubber but without the stickiness. The case is also supposed to be made out of resin and it feels very rugged and durable. It is a G-Shock after all. The buttons seem to be made of metal and have just the right amount of give. Some people have complained about setting the analog watch hands. To set the watch hands, I pressed the top left button until the watch hands matched up with the current time. Unlike the other buttons, the top left button barely sticks out and is very hard and uncomfortable to press, however, you won't be resetting it often, as it is very accurate at timekeeping with a quartz timekeeper. For something that I would only have to do maybe once or twice a year I don't see it as a problem. In fact, I see it as a good thing since it won't be accidentally pressed. The watch face protector is hard and appears to be glass. The digital face can be setup to either show the date or the time down to the second with a few button presses. It can also be used as a stopwatch, an alarm, or to show another time from another time zone. The alarm beep is also pretty loud, which is a plus. The one feature that is missing is a timer. On my old Shark Classic watch there was a timer function with a few preset durations. I still think that that is a minor problem, however. As opposed to on my Casio F91W, the watch can be easily read in the dark. The analog hands and hour tick marks glow green in the dark, and the digital face has a green light which can be activated with the bottom right button for around 2 seconds at a time. The watch also features 200 m water resistance, which is more than enough for 99% of people. The watch also features magnetic resistance, which should protect the timekeeper from being thrown off by magnetic fields produced by electronics. My only real complaint is that when the minute hand is between 20 and 40 minutes it partially blocks the digital watch face, but that isn't much of a problem in my opinion. For $50, this is a fantastic watch. It looks great, functions well, and has the reputation of Casio's G-Shock lineup. All in all, I would definitely recommend this watch.

Pros:
- Looks great
- Durable
- Right size for me
- Made of quality material
- Easy to read at night
- G-Shock reputation

Cons:
- No timer
- Digital face sometimes gets partially covered.
- Analog and digital watch face
on March 28, 2016
An affordable Gshock .serves the purpose .Perfect size for my wrist Those who have thicker wrist don't get this one . Smaller dial comparing other models.
review image
on April 28, 2016
I received my 1st G-shock a few weeks ago. It is digital-analog and one of the smaller G-shocks. To my taste this is a good size on my 9 1/4 in wrist. The band is just big enough (2nd strap hole). I love the look of this G-shock preferring analog watches. I keep the small digital display on the date function. At night I push the left button once then push the right button to backlight the digital display for a couple seconds. Viola I can tell what time it is. As an older guy with fading eyesight I can read this easily. It has a stopwatch function and single alarm. Since I only wake up once a day it works for me. Best of all I have been doing drywall work for 2 weeks and have had my watch hand completely submerged several times fishing and the watch looks and functions like new.
Cons: as stated analog hands will obstruct the digital window between 4&7. If you want a digital-analog watch I do not know how to avoid that. 2nd it would be nice to have an xl strap option but you don't. 3rd the strap is only moderately comfortable after hours of sweaty work
Pros: Looks, Protected crystal (I hate scratched crystals). Keeps near perfect time. Simple to operate. (Not loaded with a bunch of functions I don't need). Way too early to rate reliability.
So far this is a great beater watch for the $
on September 24, 2012
This is an excellent watch, and I could not be happier with it. The G-shock series is used extensively by the military, special forces and police, and it's easy to see why. This watch is extremely well built and durable, and it uses only high quality materials (that goes for the band as well.) It's also very light and comfortable.

The styling of the watch is not for everyone, however. This watch has a very tough, prepared-for-anything kind of look that I love, without being over the top. It is slightly thicker than other digital watches, owing to its armor-like exterior, but this is very subtle. Also, this watch does not have an overly large dial, as has become popular in watch styling lately. But I take issue with the many reviews that have described this watch as "small." These are clearly customers who were looking for the aforementioned large dial styling. I am 6'3'' with large wrists and hands, and I don't think the watch is undersized for me at all (nor does anyone else). At the end of the day, it's a very standard watch size.

I have noticed that many reviewers are unhappy with the way in which you adjust the analog hands, which surprises me given how little time it takes. I had to adjust mine 11 hours right out of the box, and it took about a minute. I suppose if devoting a minute to setting your watch time is a major issue for you then you should look elsewhere, but if you're like me you won't even think twice about it.

Finally, some reviewers have complained that the watch is useless at night unless you set the digital screen to report the time rather than the date. But this ignores the fact that there is a button on the side that cycles through the watch's various modes. One can easily use the digital screen to report the date and, when it grows dark, simply press this button. Then just hit the light button and you're in business. Easy as that.
33 comments| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2015
I love my own Casio G-Shock watches, so when I was looking for a gift for my nephew's birthday, I looked at a lot of the different G-Shock watches here on Amazon.com for him. My nephew is in the Boy Scouts, and when I found this watch and read in the description that it has a compass, it made me decide to go ahead and order it, because I know he would love that feature, as well as the rugged good looks and durability of the watch.

The description is/was as follows: "Round-face watch in resin with accurate digital compass around bezel, textured band with gunmetal-tone rivets, and logo emblem at twelve o'clock Mineral crystal dial window Features buckle closure, 100-hour chronograph, and compass with bearings based on 16 cardinal points measured in degrees Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving"

This is clearly a misrepresentation of what people will get when they purchase this watch. I would return this watch to Amazon and purchase one elsewhere, but his birthday is going to be celebrated this weekend, and time is running out. This is clearly an issue with Amazon's product description.

With that said, the watch itself is representative of the high quality that I have come to expect from the Casio G-Shock line of timepieces. I am sure that it will make a fine gift for him and prove to be as rugged as my 12 year + Original G-Shock solar atomic watch that I wore at work and beat up pretty good, but it still functions perfectly.

I had to rate the watch 5 stars based on the functions and durability it was designed for, and think it would be inappropriate to rate the product itself poorly because of an error in product description by Amazon. The watch is not what I was led to believe it was when I ordered it.

Come on Amazon! Please address this inaccurate description and update it to provide factual details regarding its functionality. It is a fine watch, worth the price, but setting up expectations of certain features and then delivering a product that does not match the description is a disappointment and affects the trust of Amazon by its consumers.

**Edit**
04/29/2015
To clarify, this watch DOES NOT have compass functionality, nor is it solar powered. It is a rugged G-Shock with analog and digital display with the usual stopwatch, dual time, alarm, etc., and the LCD display is "negative" - black background with silvery digits, which adds to its appeal in my case. Very nice watch, good price for what you get. The MSRP is $100.00, but I purchased it from Amazon for around $58.00.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.