Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 488 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 562 reviews
on July 3, 2013
Nice basic watch - here are the details:

Pros:
Very easy to read face - the white letters and hands really stand out from the black face.
Extremely lightweight - I can hardly tell it's on the wrist.
Medium size - I have average size wrists, any watch larger than about 38mm seems to be too big as they tend to catch on nearby objects. This one is perfectly sized, not too wide, and certainly not too thick.

Cons:
Only two and they are really minor, but that's why we read and write these reviews, right?

The bezel/frame of this watch is brown. Not grey, not black, but brown. It isn't objectionable, nor ugly in anyway but it is brown. The pictures don't always accurately reflect the color of the watch.
The buckle on the strap is the thinnest I've ever encountered on a watch strap. It works just fine, and for that matter adds to the slim profile of the watch overall. On the other side, like many people I equate heft/bulk with quality, so I was surprised at how lightweight the buckle is.
on November 3, 2012
Pros: Solid build and good performance for a cheap plastic watch; pretty light; easy to read.

Cons: Still a cheap plastic watch; kind of loud.

Timex generally makes a solid, but unspectacular product, and this is no exception.
The watch is made of plastic and is very light, but is well molded and seems sturdy enough. The strap is made of a fairly thin, lower-weight nylon that seems pretty strong and is comfortable, and has a loose nylon loop on it to hold the loose end of the strap when wearing the watch. The strap hardware is a light metal with a polished finish that seems strong enough--it won't snap on you, but you can bend it pretty easily if you try. The face is very readable as long as your eyes aren't terrible--it's a pretty small watch, probably less than an inch and a half across. The hands and the triangles outside every number have a glow-in-the-dark coating that requires it to been out in the light for a little while to work--it is NOT "Indiglo" where you press on the crown and the dial lights up.
The only major drawback for me is that it is pretty loud. If it's VERY quiet and you're listening for it, you can hear this watch ticking from about 7 feet away. Usually not a problem, but I wouldn't wear it to bed or store it in the same room where you sleep, and it was a bit of a problem when I took it to time an exam that I was taking.
I paid only about $15 for this watch when I bought it a couple of years ago, but I see that this type of thing is popular at places like J. Crew now, so that might explain the price increase. It's not fancy at all, but it's worked absolutely fine for two years of occasional use. Definitely worth it for $15, probably worth it for $25, as I don't know what else you're going to get for that price.
Also, after two years without adjustment, the movement has lost MAYBE 30 seconds, if that--pretty good for a cheap plastic watch, if you ask me.
on April 21, 2014
This watch won't win style points, but it gets the job done in a basic, no-frills way. The Army issued a watch just like it 40 years ago. It matched my jungle fatigues and met my low technology expectations of that distant time. Today, however, I find myself wanting this bare-bones watch to have at least one or two of the extra capabilities that are standard in modern watches, such as a date display and the ability to set an alarm. Some other reviews here on Amazon.com mentioned the watch's loud ticking. True, in a quiet room you'll hear the ticking, but it cannot be heard if there is ambient background noise, such as the soft hiss of air from the ventilation system, the hum of a refrigerator or other equipment, normal office chatter, or the sounds of nature or the neighborhood. One potential problem: the watch band may be too short for people with thick wrists.
on June 2, 2017
Received my watch yesterday. The watch is a bit small even on a small wrist like mine. The most comparable size I can compare this to is a lady's watch. This watch looks really nice for the price that I paid. I've received a few compliments on it the day that I wore it. Now for a few cons: it has a fairly loud watch movement, the strap feels and looks cheap, and there is no Indiglo. If you can get this at a discounted price, I would definitely recommend it.
on December 26, 2013
To be totally honest with this review how do you rate a watch in only a couple of days? First of all this is an electric watch. I put in a search for "wind up military watches". The reason was I wanted a backup watch for my battery watches. So I read the reviews which were good and ordered the watch with some other items. I looked at it again a couple of days later and oops it was another battery watch. My fault. I'll just keep it for a bang-up watch to wear. The new electric watches take special tools to change the battery. No, I am not going to open this until the battery quits. I'm hoping the battery will just drop out when you open the back up.
The plus on this analog watch is it does not have a day and date. My friends tell me the Chinese watches with this feature break the first time you try to use that feature.
on January 3, 2013
My son wanted a watch, but I didn't want to just throw money out on something I expected to break or be thrown out too soon. This fits the bill perfectly. It is small enough to fit him perfectly now, but with a little care, He should be able to wear as a casual watch even as a young man. Simple but sturdy, but I am guessing the bands will need upgraded within a few years. Excellent value for the cost.

I will say that the watch itself is smaller than I imagined, and the band seems a little flimsier than expected. This is definitely not for a big man, but works out perfectly for my young son. The only thing I was a little disappointed with, was the thinness of the band material. That isn't to say that the band wont last, but it doesn't inspire confidence either. This was no concern, since the body itself seems very durable, and I fully expect to replace the bands several times over many years.
on April 16, 2015
It's a nice watch! I got it today and have it on right now. Man, that 2 hand is loud! It catches me off gaurd. I probably won't sleep with it on my wrist. I'll just count along the seconds I am lying there. I'd never go to sleep. Now for the taking it on and off, at night, might worry me a little. The band is kind of cheese. Pretty thin material. The buckle kind of is too, now that I think about it. All and all it very light weight. Just a clean look. Not sure if the babes will dig it because it's not a Rolex. So don't plan on taking it out on a night on the town, clubbing. Just leave it at home.
on September 12, 2015
I absolutely love this watch. I'm going to purchase another. I wish that this watch would have been a wind up watch just like the one I wore in the Army. But it is battery operated, it keeps perfect time. Which is better than a wind up watch. The band is very comfortable, dries fast from rain or sweat. It's a tough watch, much better than digital watches. The numbers and hands illuminate really well and stay illuminated for a lengthy period. Just like my old Timex wind up, that I still have and wear from to time.
on January 15, 2016
I first bought this same watch 25 - 30 years ago, and it was running quite well when I recently dropped it perfectly face-flat on a tile floor, the aged ring that holds the crystal snapped,(and the hands were still moving). Great watch for casual activities.
I was pleased that Timex still has this watch available; As I recall, it is about $8 more than what I paid for the first one; reasonable, don't you
think
on June 22, 2015
This watch was non-returnable. My husband liked this watch but didn't realize that it was not waterproof. I don't know if this goes for all watches or not. Just be careful when ordering watches. I looked back and didn't see anywhere that it was non-returnable. According to Amazon chat it is considered too fragile for return. I don't understand that at all but Amazon chat resolved my problem regarding the watch and I was very pleased, I just don't know if everyone would be so lucky.