Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on November 6, 2012
I am a huge fan of Smartwool socks - I have worn them for years - but want to warn you away from these. They are not up to the Smartwool standard. They are not warm and the seams at the toe and heel are very rigid and awkward and do not fit comfortably when wearing shoes. Please avoid these!
on February 6, 2015
This is so sad. I looked back at my purchase history and I have bought a batch of these every year for the last few years. I buy them ONCE per year. They last a year. In two separate recent orders I bought four pair, most recently yesterday. Three of the pair have developed holes in ONE DAY in MULTIPLE places. They say smartwool on them but either someone is knocking them off or they have just abandoned all quality control.
on November 18, 2012
I've been pinching and scraping to buy Smartwool socks for years. These are the only socks that are comfortable for me in all seasons and they are terrific at keeping my feet warm. However, the socks that I received (womens, cable, black, size 10+ with a thin sole) are horrible. They must be seconds because with the first time through the wash, I found holes in them. Now more and more holes and I'm guessing that it won't be long before they're unwearable. You may find you have a better experience with a different retailer.

The padded sole socks have been fine but they aren't for year-round use.

Somebody, please sell me decent Smartwool socks!
on June 1, 2011
I'm not overly fond of the cable socks. They tend to fall down, and are not as cushioned as other SmartWool socks I own.
on March 18, 2017
I would give these 5 stars, but this particular pair is a little bit scratchy. Very warm, but not as soft as some of my other Smartwool socks.
on January 30, 2014
These are wicking, warm and comfortable, however for the price, they get holes, rubbed thin spots very quickly. I wish I could find a replacement that lasts. If I hadn't spent so much on each pair I wouldn't be so critical. You DO NOT get what you pay for in this case for durability.
on November 28, 2013
I am a wool-lover. i knit, crochet, sew and quilt with the stuff. i also purchase clothing and socks made of wool. smartwool makes lovely socks that are suitable for everyday knocking about, i have no idea how many pairs of various weights that have been purchased in the past 5 years. the fabric of this pair is thin enough to fit into my regular shoes, looks good with my birkenstocks and there is NO stink or chilly feet from perspiration. this pair is in the second month of heavy use (2 times a week for a 16 hour day) the socks stay up, do not twist on my foot and the color doesn't fade in the wash. as to the wash.. these are machine washable, just don't shock the fibers with an extreme temperature change. wool gets cranky with too much agitation or too high washer/dryer temps. be nice to these socks and they will be very nice to your feet.
on February 6, 2015
They shrink, pill up and wear out quickly...I have quit buying Smart Wool socks...the last pairs I have bought for myself and my daughter have gotten holes in both the heels and the toes before a winter season (or less) has passed...this is with what I would call normal wear...plus I did not dry them in the dryer...NOT GOOD Product sorry to say!!
on January 20, 2012
Have been wearing Smart Socks for years purchased from retail stores. No problem with them ever. Purchased 3 pairs from Amazon recently. The two black pairs sent from Amazing Socks are fine, but the brown pair from eSource Wellness produced two holes on the same sock the second & third time I wore them. One on the top of the foot and other on back of heel.
on January 17, 2015
These are ideal socks for all but the hottest seasons. They are neat, comfortable, toasty-warm (with no bulk) and wash beautifully. I personally don't recommend putting the socks in the dryer, but admit that no damaged occurred on the few occasions when a few slipped into the dryer in error. The Smartwool cable sock is ideal to wear with any shoe or boot that requires low-bulk socks. They are also more durable than most other socks, so well worth the cost.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.