Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on September 26, 2007
I'm a college student, so I was interested in something cheap and compact, but still functional.

This coffee maker is a BREEZE to clean, just rinse out the permanent filter-no other mess involved) even for someone as lazy as me, and works impressively fast. I am still in awe of the fact that seconds after I turn it on, it is pouring HOT HOT coffee into my cup. It is also a simple enough design that I can trust my roommates to use it without worrying they'll break it...(and also cheap enough that it wouldn't matter terribly if they did)

The only other mug I have used with it is as tall as the one included and I would caution against using a cup/mug that isn't tall, as I suspect there would be some splatter.

Another feature I love is that it is incredibly easy to use it as a water-heater; even if you need more than 15 oz., it works fast enough that you can just use it multiple times.

All in all, I am completely satisfied and have no complaints whatsoever. (I have had it for about a month, during which I've used it about 4 times a week)
on December 21, 2010
UPDATE: I still have my Toastess One Cup Coffee Maker and still love it, but every time I use it I think about the reviews that say it does not create a hot enough cup of coffee. I still think it brews it to the perfect, drinkable temperature, but today I was looking at it and finally figured out a way to solve that problem for anyone who might not buy this after reading such comments on the machine! The problem is the temperature of the water you put into the machine. To create a scalding hot cup of coffee, fill the water reserve to the appropriate level, turn the machine on, but keep the arm that swings to dispense the water over the reserved water. This will take the water from the reserve, heat it up, and then stick it back into the reserve. After a few seconds, the water will be warm, and you can then push the arm back to over the coffee grinds. This lets you start with warm water rather than cold water, so the machine does less work to heat it up. Be careful you don't burn yourself, and do not walk away from the machine while heating the water in the reserve, it only takes a few extra seconds to get very hot! I tried this, and the result was a cup of coffee that burned my lip! I'll keep to room temperature water, but this might solve the problem for those of you who want an extremely hot brew! Hope this helps! (January 10, 2010)

After reading the other poor reviews for this item, I was a little skeptical, but bought it anyways because it is the only one I could find that fit my existing mug. I just got it in the mail today and I love it. I used it for a cup of hot chocolate earlier, and just finished my first cup of coffee from it just now. I'll address all the previous reviews that made me skeptical:

1. Coffee Not Hot Enough: I thought it was a perfect temperature. It was not scalding hot, just a little too hot to be comfortable to drink right away. I add creamer to mine anyways, and after that it was perfect. It was by no means cold.

2. Machine Stays On: I read the directions and it said to unplug it unless being used, so I really haven't had a chance to experience this. I only plug it in when I am using it, just to be safe.

3. Splattering: I actually haven't used the cup they provided yet, but rather a much shorter mug, with which I saw no splattering. Maybe a spot on the back, but definitely not enough to complain about or even notice without looking for it. I'm sure using the cup supplied would eliminate this, but I didn't see enough splattering to make a difference anyways.

4. Time: I don't see how anyone can complain about the time it takes to make a cup of coffee in this thing. From the time I plugged it in and pushed the button down to start, it made a quiet whirring noise from deep within the machine for about ten seconds, and then for twenty seconds filled my cup. Quiet and fast, I love it!

5. Overflow: Anyone who complained about the machine overflowing is an idiot. If you fill up your cup or mug with the amount of water you want, pour that into the well, replace the cup under the machine, and then start, you can't overflow the cup. Whatever water you put in is what you get out. Don't put in more water than your cup can hold and it won't overflow. This is a single cup machine, it runs until it runs out of water. Put the right amount of water in.

I have only two complaints. First, I got this product and it was mildly damaged despite being labeled as "New." It was in new packaging, but the corner of one of the feet it stands on was chipped off, as was a corner of the lid that overhangs. Nothing to make it inoperable, but a cosmetic annoyance. Not enough to make me return it. Also, I can't figure out how to take off the flap on the bottom that catches any excess drips after I take my cup out. I looked through the manual and couldn't find information on it, nor could I find it online. If anyone knows, please let me know! The front lifts up, but I don't want to apply so much pressure trying to take it off that I break it!

Overall, I would recommend this product. If you like your coffee so hot that it severely burns your lip and you like to wait for it to cool down, this is not the machine for you. If you like to brew one cup for yourself that you can drink right away at a nice, comfortable temperature, this is something you might like.
on February 3, 2007
Bought a 8oz single cup coffee maker the other day, but

was displeased with it, was not enough to fill my coffee mug.

It was just enough to fill a tea sized cup.

I then bought this unit, that provides 15oz of coffee.

Fills my coffee mug with a little left over.

Note: you can add just a tad more water, to provide

two cups of 8oz coffee.

Very well constructed unit, and also looks great on the counter.

Also take note, it does shut off automatically once coffee

finishes brewing, which is approximately a quick 2 1/2 minutes.

Works well, and makes a great cup of coffee.
on May 1, 2012
I've had this Toastess for a little over a month and I'm very satisfied. I don't know if there is a new batch available now with better QC, but I've not experienced any of the issues described in the other negative reviews. The coffe is hot (in fact, a little too hot to drink right away), the brewing takes only a minute or so, the unit shuts off after making a cup of coffee, and the switch works perfectly. The only comment with which I agree is the use of a paper filter. Not only is the nylon filter a little bit of a pain to clean, but the coffee comes out a little weak since some of the hot water flows out the sides of the nylon filter and not through the grounds. So just buy a box of the smallest filters and you'll be set.

Finally, great coffee at work, one cup at time.
on July 31, 2014
It works very well. It is very fast. Almost too fast. The price was right. I wanted the number one cone filter type because it concentrates the water through the coffee grounds better. The only thing I do not like is what it said in the instructions. You should unplug it after each use or it may start again by itself??? What?
on March 28, 2010
Agree with the other reviews - don't buy this if you want your coffee to taste like coffee. The mechanism that directs water through the grounds blasts it through too quickly, literally pushing the grounds to the sides of the filter, preventing percolation and leading to...hot water, coffee flavored. Perhaps there is a design or manufacturing flaw that makes some of the coffeemakers fail at this point and others not, given the mixed reviews. But why take a chance on getting a bad one? I like dark coffee and lots of caffeine, so this doesn't cut it. Was trying to save money but this purchase has now become a $30 travel cup. Getting the Hamilton Beach 45237H HB Thermal Stay or go Coffee instead.
on September 20, 2011
I feel so sorry for those of you who do not own one of these! This is the best single serve coffee maker I have ever seen or used. It beats the heck out of any of the K-Cup or Pod type coffee makers. I use it every day to make two 16 oz. cups of coffee. I use whatever kind of coffee I want, whether it be inexpensive coffee or fine gourmet coffee - whatever I want. I'm not locked into specific choices, brands, etc. I use a No. 1 disposable filter to make cleanup simpler. I make a 16 oz. cup of coffee for less than $0.20 per cup. This thing has lasted me 18 months and still going strong - I am more than pleased with that!!
on September 21, 2012
After reading the negative reviews I was afraid to purchase this coffee maker. I am so glad I took my chances and made this purchase. I am super happy with this coffee maker. No it does not drip at all. Yes it makes great coffee. It doesn't take up much space at all. It looks great on my counter. I have also received great dj compliments on this coffee maker. Take your chance like I did. You will not be dissatisfied.Coffee tastes great and it's done in 1-2-3. It's a great and easy coffee maker to clean. It's actually a mess free product.
on September 19, 2010
I have owned this coffee maker for almost a year now, and it is not working. The heating element seems to have burned out.
I would not recommend this to anyone. Besides the fact that it did not last for one year, there are designs flaws about this maker.
For one, it seemed like no matter how I had the mug placed in the designated area, there was almost always coffee on the counter after brewing a cup.
Most flawed in the design is the fact that one has to unplug the device after each use, to reset it. The is a major PIA, and a feature not seen on any other device I know of or own.
I would recommend anyone looking at this coffeemaker to keep shopping.
on June 27, 2011
I have tried two of this item. Please don't you try it once. The first one NEVER worked at all. The second one worked ONCE and then has not turned on ever again. I think Amazon should no longer carry this item as they seem to get LOTS of returns/refunds. Save yourself the grief and get a different one! I rate this as one star, but I mean a NEGATIVE ONE! Conclusion: Amazon is great, this product is a wonderful doorstop or a still life image if you are an artist, but it is no coffee maker!