Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nylabone Dura Chew Regular Bacon Flavored Double Action Dental Ball and Bone Dog Chew Toy
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

on March 16, 2012
So after reading all the reviews here we were excited to try another Nylabone for our Rottie who, putting it mildly, is a super aggressive chewer. He either has had or currently owns all of the largest Nylabones the company has to offer and we were happy to see the size of this one compared to his other large bones. Unfortunately the honeymoon didn't last long because within the first few hours of ownership he chewed off 1/4 of the green middle part. He starts with the nubs and gradually works his way onto larger chunks. He is always supervised with new toys and lucky for us he isn't a swallower of large chunks, although I'm sure we will find our fair share of green nubs in the yard tomorrow morning after his usual morning business - a nice little St. Paddy's day treat for us all! Oh yeah, it does smell pretty good overall as the mint hides some of the usual slobber stench so that's a plus as well.
review image
99 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2009
I've had small, medium and large dogs. This is the very best bone ever. Our current dog, who weighs in at 45 lbs. is a very strong chewer. She LOVES to chew this thing, it doesn't have any odor, doesn't disintegrate into a mess, and the last one lasted for 5 months...yes really. Rather amazing. What more can I say?
on September 17, 2010
My 70lb yellow lab is a power chewer, and seems to think her mission in chewing is to pick things apart (like meat off a bone). I've been really pleased with almost all of the Nylabone products that we've given her, and my only reservation with this bone was that she might go on a search and destroy mission on the green part.

But what happened instead was that she picked apart the end pieces, getting "too large to ingest" chunks off, and revealed the hollow center. I was disappointed.
on January 14, 2013
The Nylabone descriptions in Amazon leave alot to be desired; most don't indicate the size of the bone. I wanted a hybrid hard/soft bone appropriate for my 60lb Golden Retriever. Some of the reviews I read indicated that the nylabone product they received was too small for their dog, so I searched hard for a bone that was large. This bone (model NTG705P) is a little to big and heavy for my dog. She chews on it, but it is difficult for her to pick up, and it drops with a loud crack.
on May 24, 2010
I had such high hopes for this bone! I own a staffordshire bull terrier who is a powerful and voracious chewer. The plastic ends of the bone would be perfect for her, but they put this rubber layer in the middle (the green part) and she has torn it to shreds. I gave it to her last night and this morning I have little green rubber bits all over my floor and she ingested a fair amount of it (says it's non-toxic and hasn't seemed to bother her). In any case, if your dog likes to shred rubber this is not a good option!
on January 28, 2014
My dog became very sick after eating a Nylabone chew toy with red sections. All of the Nylabone chew toys I bought came from China, and I won't buy them anymore. That said, she has a few Nylabone chew toys without any dyed parts on them, i.e. whitish bones, and has not gotten sick from them. So I haven't thrown them out. However, as for future ingestible chew toys, I'm sticking to American-made products. NOTE: Nylabone Healthy Edibles treats (not chew toys) are made in the U.S., and my dogs love them.
on January 30, 2012
A very impressive toy. Our dog can chew his way through virtually anything, and is more than happy to have one of these, instead. It lasts forever, it doesn't chip or split, and our vet says that it's a great toy for a dog to exercise his gums and keep his teeth clean. Definitely one of the best buys on the market--it lasts almost a full year before it's just to disgusting to keep. High recommended.
on January 17, 2011
Any toy that a pit bull can't rip to pieces in a few hour is quality. My dog has torn up those "Tough Balls" and the Kong toys easily. Nyalabone is a quality product
on December 15, 2011
My dog is not a big chewer but she loves to chew on this. I've purchased 3 of these. One nice thing about these is that if your dog chews down one end you can unscrew the the other end and save it to attach to a new middle part the next time your dog chews up just 1 end.
This bone is probably too big and heavy for my medium size cocker spaniel. But I bought it anyway, because he was able to demolish the Nylabones that were labeled "for medium dogs".

He can still pick this one up and carry it around, but he cannot fit an entire end into his mouth. Still, he loves it--he's greedy and relishes the fact that he has such a big bone all for himself. He even sleeps with it!

I like it because of the fact that it doesn't completely fit into his mouth. Due to this, the bone has lasted much longer than all the other Nylabones I bought him in the past. And because he can't shred this one, I don't find sharp bit of Nylabone fragments everywhere and it doesn't make his gums bleed either.

I happy I found this and will continue buying oversized Nylabone toys for my dog!