Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 683 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,062 reviews
on May 11, 2016
Definitely too dark and gory for little kids, this fantastic world feels like Tim Burton’s wonderfully strange mind was completely set free by animation (where he started his career). The voice performances are also terrific -- more subtle and full of colors than often even very good actors bring to animation. Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham-Carter, Albert Finney Christopher Lee, and Emily Watson -- just to name a few -- bring out both the humor and the humanity in these wild characters.

The story; an awkward young man, about to be pushed into an arraigned marriage with a girl he' surprised to find he does really love, accidentally marries a dead woman while practicing he marriage vows in the forest (it makes sense in the film, I promise!). He’s taken into the world of the dead (ironically far more colorful than the almost black and white vision of Victorian England in which he lives), and from there has to figure out how to get home and back to his real lady love, even if his current ‘corpse bride’ is quite sweet, in a decomposing sort of way. Top it all off with some wickedly funny songs by Danny Elfman fashioned into wildly entertaining musical numbers and you have a truly one of a kind cinematic treat.
on March 20, 2015
Another great piece of work from Tim Burton, Johnny Dep is made into the groom as one of Tim Burton's next clay figurines for this stop motion animation picture. He captures death in the living world more than he does in the dead, and this movie has a way of making death seem almost fun and that life will go on in any life you end up living. Highly recommend this master piece and many more from Tim Burton.
review image review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 24, 2016
This movie is barely over an hour, which is nice, since I was watching it with my 4 and 5 year old daughters. We needed a quick show. It is a bit intense, at a few parts, with pop ups. It was the perfect Halloween movie, since it's dark and strange. My girls liked it, just beware of the intense moments. The music is creepy, too, so we kept the sound down.
on August 5, 2015
I purchased this movie several months ago. I remember seeing the
trailers for this in the theater years ago when I was a kid, and let me say,
the movie was nothing like I though it would be! It was the perfect blend
of eerie, cute, funny and touching at the same time.

For those of you with small children: there is nothing overly scary within
this film, and I firmly believe Corpse Bride actually would teach a child
about the value of life and death, albeit in a humorous tone. Modern
family films present important life's lessons anymore. (For the record,
I have no children of my own, but I am speak as one from memories of
her own childhood upbringing.)

Of course, this IS a Tim Burton film, so much of his unusual tone resides within.
However, wither or not you are one of his fans, do your self a favor and purchase
this movie!
on October 21, 2015
This is such a great Halloween movie. I haven't seen this movie in forever and then Netflix had it and I bought it so we have it on our shelves. This is such brilliantly animated movie. The way they filmed it and created the art was so nice. This is my favorite Tim Burton movie. I love Emily the character in this movie she's so naive and quirky. She's just a nice and relatable character. Since watching it this year I did think it ended differently than it did but it was still such a nice movie. It's a great kids movie but for young ones they might think of this as "dark". I didn't. My cousins watch shows like Monster High and on Youtube Five Night of Freddy which are dark so I think if your kids watch those things they'll be fine.

This isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed it. I watched back years ago when it came out in the theaters and now as an adult.
on January 23, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies. It is a great, humor filled, intense, fast paced feature. I'd say it would be suitable for anyone over 8 years old. I had a great time watching it. My friends and I watched it at our Halloween party, and I still enjoy viewing it all year round.

I highly recommend this movie, but there is one thing in it that bugs me: the character's outrageous outbursts into song. Tim Burton is a very musical person, but does he really have to let everyone know that by inserting his musical gusto into his all of movies? I'm sure at some ages people enjoy the silly little songs that the clay characters are dancing to, but specifically to an older person like me, they are cheesy and unnecessary. But keep in mind that this is just an opinion, but to me at least, takes away one of the stars.

Apart from this minor annoyance, I really think Tim Burton's Corpse Bride is a fantastic film, that is worthy of your money.
on May 11, 2016
Tim Burton is a genius and this movie is a great example of that. The story, animation and voices are all fantastic.

Like most people, I rely on honest product reviews to make purchase decisions. Because the experience of others has been so helpful to me, I try to provide honest, helpful reviews to assist other shoppers in selecting the right products for them. I hope my review has been helpful to you!
on October 31, 2016
I am not usually a Tim Burton movie gal, but I was feeling called to this on this Halloween 2016. It was a great decision deciding to give it a go! The movie is witty and fun, a great flow, and clever characters and story development. I especially liked the use of color in the film- how more often than not the land of the dead was more colorful than the land of the living; I just thought that was a fun play on our perceptions and how things may not always be what they seem- something Tim Burton is great at doing!
on April 14, 2017
This is a great movie! Very different and extremely entertaining. Super characters. Excellent animation.
on July 18, 2015
I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's films and of course I needed to add this movie to the cartoon collection. The story line is cute and the dark feel to it makes it a whole lot of better. My son loves the movie as we'll and the movie is being watched constantly. As for the product itself, it was shipped early and securely.
review image review image review image review image review image review image