Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 21, 2015
This is such a great Halloween movie. I haven't seen this movie in forever and then Netflix had it and I bought it so we have it on our shelves. This is such brilliantly animated movie. The way they filmed it and created the art was so nice. This is my favorite Tim Burton movie. I love Emily the character in this movie she's so naive and quirky. She's just a nice and relatable character. Since watching it this year I did think it ended differently than it did but it was still such a nice movie. It's a great kids movie but for young ones they might think of this as "dark". I didn't. My cousins watch shows like Monster High and on Youtube Five Night of Freddy which are dark so I think if your kids watch those things they'll be fine.

This isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed it. I watched back years ago when it came out in the theaters and now as an adult.
on August 5, 2015
I purchased this movie several months ago. I remember seeing the
trailers for this in the theater years ago when I was a kid, and let me say,
the movie was nothing like I though it would be! It was the perfect blend
of eerie, cute, funny and touching at the same time.

For those of you with small children: there is nothing overly scary within
this film, and I firmly believe Corpse Bride actually would teach a child
about the value of life and death, albeit in a humorous tone. Modern
family films present important life's lessons anymore. (For the record,
I have no children of my own, but I am speak as one from memories of
her own childhood upbringing.)

Of course, this IS a Tim Burton film, so much of his unusual tone resides within.
However, wither or not you are one of his fans, do your self a favor and purchase
this movie!
on August 31, 2017
Cute in that Tim Burton/Danny Elfman "Nightmare Before Christmas" type dark humor movie with a nice Elfman score, and my 3 year old daughter loves it. While the movie is overall entertaining, I found myself laughing at Finnis Everglot so much I wished he was in it more. Hysterical character and lines. Good stuff.
on March 16, 2016
I love this movie as I do all of them. They are charismatic and such a delight to watch. No, I am not going to give away spoilers..there is an obvious play on Night Before Christmas. Yet, if you enjoy Tim Burton, you should enjoy this one too. Safe for kids, good for adults, love.
on January 23, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies. It is a great, humor filled, intense, fast paced feature. I'd say it would be suitable for anyone over 8 years old. I had a great time watching it. My friends and I watched it at our Halloween party, and I still enjoy viewing it all year round.

I highly recommend this movie, but there is one thing in it that bugs me: the character's outrageous outbursts into song. Tim Burton is a very musical person, but does he really have to let everyone know that by inserting his musical gusto into his all of movies? I'm sure at some ages people enjoy the silly little songs that the clay characters are dancing to, but specifically to an older person like me, they are cheesy and unnecessary. But keep in mind that this is just an opinion, but to me at least, takes away one of the stars.

Apart from this minor annoyance, I really think Tim Burton's Corpse Bride is a fantastic film, that is worthy of your money.
on May 11, 2016
Tim Burton is a genius and this movie is a great example of that. The story, animation and voices are all fantastic.

Like most people, I rely on honest product reviews to make purchase decisions. Because the experience of others has been so helpful to me, I try to provide honest, helpful reviews to assist other shoppers in selecting the right products for them. I hope my review has been helpful to you!
Tim Burton has become reknowned for his movies about the weird, the macabre, and the very funny. And his new stop-animated masterpiece "Corpse Bride," a host of bizarre characters and a bittersweet love triangle, has all three qualities.

This is an "underground" film in the best sense of the word. It gives you the sort of feeling that really expert haunted houses do -- you're enjoying the ghouls and skeletons too much to care who it's aimed at.

Victor (Johnny Depp) is at the rehearsal for his arranged wedding, when he forgets his vows. Not a good omen. He runs out and rehearses it by himself, and ends up slipping the ring on the finger of a dead girl, Emily (Helena Bonham Carter). But Emily, who died tragically, falls in love with Victor and considers herself married to him.

Now Victor is trapped in the underworld, which is a surprisingly cheery, upbeat place when you consider everyone is dead. He tries to find his way back to the world of the living, but soon finds himself more drawn to the tragic Emily. Now he must make the ultimate choice: Will he return (for as long as he lives) to his arranged bride, or stay in the underworld with the Corpse Bride?

You'd think a movie about dead people would be depressing. At the very least, dark. But surprisingly "Corpse Bride" is neither -- instead, Burton has crafted a sweet, enchanting little love story where one of the people happens to be dead, and which is set in the underworld. There's nothing frightening about it. If anything, it's enchanting.

Is the plot original? Heck no -- boil it down, and you have a boy-meets-girl story. But it's the delivery that's charming, from the funny dialogue ("Play dead!") to the colorful inhabitants of the underworld (like the pirate, or the intimidating minister). The macabre humour and song-and-dance numbers add to the charm of this world, where the dead are more alive than the living.

And the voice actors seal the deal; what could have been merely funny becomes touching, in their hands.Johnny Depp brings the timid, tremulous Victor to life, and makes his dilemma believable, while Carter makes us look past protruding bones and bluish skin, to the sweet romantic Emily was. The only problem is that moronic maggot -- it's an annoying distraction.

Coming up with a suitable follow-up for cult classic "Nightmare Before Christmas" couldn't have been easy. But Burton does so in rare style, creating a story both hilarious and bittersweet. Enchanting.
on October 31, 2016
I am not usually a Tim Burton movie gal, but I was feeling called to this on this Halloween 2016. It was a great decision deciding to give it a go! The movie is witty and fun, a great flow, and clever characters and story development. I especially liked the use of color in the film- how more often than not the land of the dead was more colorful than the land of the living; I just thought that was a fun play on our perceptions and how things may not always be what they seem- something Tim Burton is great at doing!
on April 24, 2014
In recent years Tim Burton's movies have been fairly hit or miss. Corpse Bride is definitely one of his best. The stop-motion animation is beautiful. Everytime I watch it I feel like I see a little detail I missed before. It has a surprising amount of emotional depth for a movie that is ultimately targeted towards a younger audience.
on December 5, 2017
Love it! My granddaughter loves this movie and watches it every year. It wasn't on TV this year and I got it for her.