Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 21, 2014
This was a birthday gift for our 5 year old daughter. She has been frustrated making her "forts" out of towels and bedsheets! At a loss for birthday ideas this year (she is not a Barbie doll princess type), I decided to give her a "camping" themed party.
The tent came in a compact box - easy to wrap in gift paper. Once the box was opened the tent itself came in two long, matching, storage bags - one for poles, one for canvas.
It took about 10 minutes to set up. When the tent came to life, it was a WOW factor! I had read the measurements in the ad - I wanted a fairly large tent - and this tent seems larger than stated measurements.
Our daughter hopped right inside with all her birthday loot and we had to drag her out for cake! She can stand up, move around with no problem whatsoever! It even accommodated her 12 year old girlfriend easily.
The pictures do not serve the tent justice...... There are 3 "doors" each of which can be rolled up and held in place with Velcro - or closed with the zipper on either side - 2 doors on front and back are so large for easy entry and exit - the secret side door is smaller and circular, more for crawling in and out.
The fabric is very lightweight (not sure polyester nylon?), yet sturdy. The tent is secured with lightweight, plastic poles that assemble quick and easy. The graphics are wonderful. What you can't see in the photos is that there are screened "windows" - one where the ladder graphic is and the other large screen on the gable end above the door - this was an unexpected, pleasant surprise.
We assembled the tent at a relatives then took it down, brought it home, and set it back up again, effortlessly....note: once erected, the tent is too big to be moving around - you won't get it through any standard size door, so moving from room to room would require disassembly.
There are 4 places/tabs in each corner of tent that an adult could set something heavy on in order to keep the tent in place and from tipping over. There is no bottom of tent, so the ground it sits on is where the child will play.
You could certainly use this outside, but I would not recommend leaving it outside. We did spray water on roof that beaded and did not seep through, but I doubt it would handle any sort of rainfall.
The tent is a little pricey, but we spent twice as much money at a local kids restaurant/game centre for 3 hours of fun, this gift is going to provide sooooo many more hours of entertainment.
We love this thing and highly recommend it!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 25, 2010
My kids got this as a christmas present, after many many messes made with sheets i decided to get them a tent of their own to play with. I spent hours of research trying to find a good quality tent and this was exactly what i was looking for.
This tent is huge! and takes half their room but i think its worth every peny! The kids slept in it and are really enjoying it.
review imagereview image
24 helpful votes
25 helpful votes
on July 12, 2014
I love this play tent! Just received it for my six year old son's birthday. He was so excited to get it. He had a sleepover w/two of his friends in it last night and it went great. It's a little of the bigger side, but that's what I like about it, roomy enough for my son and a couple friends. It's extremely easy to put together & take down and it's a fairly substantial structure compared to most of those flimsy little tents you see. If you want to move it, it is possible to move it still up and intact, it'll be a little cumbersome, but it's definitely doable. It may be a little on the pricey side, but I think it's totally worth it because my son will get years of use out of this. It was also very easy to pack away in the two little brown storage bags it comes with (one for the rods & one for the rolled up tent). This is a great play tent!
2 helpful votes
on September 13, 2012
When I heard that my nephews were getting dirt bikes for their birthdays this year, I thought that I could never top that super cool present. Well, even though the boys love their dirt bikes, this seemingly basic tent has been in their living room for the past three months and they play in it almost every day. Yes, it seems simple, but for those children with imaginations, this tent can be so many things. Both of their parents can fit in there with them! I didn't think I would be super happy with this purchase, but I've been pleasantly surprised!! We will see how it holds up long-term.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on January 5, 2009
We got this tent for our children (almost 5 & 7) for Christmas. They both still had smaller preschool sized tents that were worn out from use. I thought the price was ridiculous for a tent.....but I got it anyway, being that it is Christmas. It is a nice tent. Easy to assemble, quick to assemble and the kids seem to like it a lot. My son (5) more so than my daughter (7), but both have played in it a good bit. It is large enough for me or my husband to fit in with one or both kids. I believe the dimensions are 4 ft by 5 ft and at the peak the tent is 5 ft. My kids are tall so this was a bonus for me as well. Well made...all in all I like it quite a bit.
27 helpful votes
28 helpful votes
on September 28, 2012
When websites seek me out following a purchase, and ask for a rating, I often provide it - bad or good. I have never gone to one unprompted, and provided one of my own accord. However, that was before this playtent! I love it so much, and am so impressed, I just had to post! Assembly was a piece of cake, and fast (no idea what the one reviewer who said otherwise was talking about) the fabric feels sturdy, and looks terrific (again, no clue why one person said not), it is big, but I consider that a great thing! AND my kid is nuts about it! I am keeping this in mind for a terrific gift; it's pricey enough that I'd probably go in with someone else, or get it as a gift for an entire family of kids, but it's cool! I would have killed for something like this as a kid! Finally, no more of all my blankets and chairs being called into service to build a rickety fort that keeps collapsing!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on December 28, 2012
worth the money! No more blankets over chairs for a fort LOL...our 7 yr old daughter loves this....I am 5. 8 and we put a recliner in this and I was very comfortable sitting on the chair in this tent. We gave it to her for Christmas. I love it too.... I can hide from the wife and she will not know Im in the tent LOL.....

It is big and takes up alot of room but worth it. Easy to assemble and grea material. Strong.....Its a great buy!
on March 19, 2015
We bought this several years ago for my young toddler. He is 4 almost 5 now and the tent is still in great condition! It is very easy to put together. We don't have it out all the time and I'm sure if we did it might be more banged up, but we've tried to may sure we take care of it and play regular (not gently or rough) with it and as I said it's still great. We just had another little "camp out" in it last night. I LOVE the size because it can grow with the child and either fit several little ones in there and Mommy and Daddy can play in there with him too.
on December 16, 2013
It's very large and he's been playing in it with his dad who is 6'4 230 lbs, both of them in there with a toddler couch and tons of toys. I think it was a good deal. The material is as expected for the price, nothing very fancy there but so far my destructive 4 yo hasn't torn it.
on December 27, 2012
I BOUGHT THIS FOR MY 8 YEAR OLD GRANDSON FOR CHRISTMAS BUT WAS A LITTLE AFRAID OF PUTTING IT UP SINCE I AM A GRANDMA WHO DOESN'T DO WELL WITH PAPER INSTRUCTIONS. THESE WERE VERY EASY TO FOLLOW EXCEPT IT DIDN'T EXPLAIN THE BASE POLES (BLUE) WERE TWO SIZES SO I PUT THAT UP WRONG-TOOK IT DOWN AND TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AT IT AND MADE THE DISCOVERY MYSELF CORRECTING THE PROBLEM. tHE POLES ARE ALL COLOR CODED AND THE DIRECTIONS EXPLAIN IT THAT WAY. IT THEN TOOK ME ONLY 5 MINUTES TO PUT UP. IT'S TALL SO IS GREAT FOR OLDER CHILDREN. MY GRANDSON WAS DELIGHTED AND BEGAN RUNNING AROUND IN IT RIGHT AWAY. I HAVEN'T HEARD HOW IT'S DOING AT HIS HOUSE BUT AS THE GIFT GIVER IT'S JUST THE RIGHT SIZE. I DO WISH IT HAD A FLOOR IN IT BUT I USED AN OLD SLEEPING BAG AND IT'S GREAT.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.