Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on October 3, 2012
After spending far too long reading reviews on this gun And the more expensive ones .... I decided this would be fine for the limited use I would put it through. So far it has performed flawlessly for me. It countersinks without a problem when set to the correct pressure. My one complaint it that you have to be very careful with soft woods as there is no non marring tip for this gun. Once you get use to pressing lightly you are in the clear. And to build on what others has said BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUN. Te safety can Hardly be called a safety. It is very easy to fire a pin off in the air when grabbing for the gun.
on December 15, 2015
Works great and holds 2 clips of pins in the track. Has set 1 3/16 pins well in both hardwood moldings and Formica cabinet fillers. Happy with the gun and I like the trigger safety Vs. the nose plate plunger style as the nose will fit tighter into detail of moldings much better.
on December 10, 2016
It requires some oil occasionally, unlike the other Bostitch tools that are magnesium. It works wonderfully well, its easy to load, and pins are readily available for it on Amazon. The case protects it well. Just a good tool.
on March 19, 2014
I had to increase the pressure on my compressor to 100 psi, the max the nail gun is rated for to sink the heads below the surface of the wood using the 1 3/16 pins. Most nail guns run on 80 psi but if you try to nail maple or other dense woods it will leave the pin above the surface of the wood and it is impossible to set it below the surface so you ruin the workpiece.
on July 8, 2014
So I purchased this Pin Nailer to apply the detailed moulding on my new Kitchen Cabinets. Overall I really liked working witht eh pin nailer. My only negative that I had with this gun was that it had trouble some time countersinking the nail head in chery wood which tells me that the cylinder bore size is two small. If the cylinder bore size was increased a little it would have no problem countersinking the head of the pin and at the same time be more adjustable when setting up the gun without having to vary the compressor pressure.
on May 24, 2011
The good news is that it did drive the 1- 3/16 pins into solid maple. The problem is that it doesn't countersink them. The manual says it is designed to leave the pins just below the surface. This does not give the look I want ... Either a small hole I can easily fill, or a hole so small you could just leave it unfilled. If I had known this prior to purchasing I wouldn't have bought this one. I am considering returning this one and getting a different brand.
on December 28, 2013
I bought this to use to mount some trim in my paneled basement. It worked fine for that. I just used it to build a doll bed for my granddaughter's American Girl doll. Worked great there to, especially for holding glued parts together while they were drying. Only issue I would say is you shouldn't use one of these if you are trying to hold mismatched edges together. Because it's only a pin (without a head on it) it won't pull two pieces of wood together, if there's a gap. In other words if you have a poorly cut mitered corner, it won't pull the two pieces together.
on April 5, 2017
works really well
on September 3, 2008
I received this pin nailer as a birthday gift and have used it mostly for nailing very small pieces together for children's toys. I am very impressed with the ease of use and smooth handling. I had read other reviews about it not fully seating the pins but never found this to be the case. I drove 1" pins into red oak and they went fully below the surface. When set to the lighter setting they did protrude but that was expected.
Care must be used with the trigger arrangement but this is common for these machines. I found myself almost firing into the air when moving from one position to another.
Good price and good range of pins driven.
Well satisfied and would do it again.
on July 28, 2013
I have used this kit on only one job, so far. This is my first Bostitch pneumatic nailer and I am very satisfied with the performance, the tool finish, and how it fits in my hands(ambidextrous). I appreciate the carry case details with a place for the oil(included), pin assortment(also included) and a cap for the included hose coupler. I used this pin nailer to attach detail trim to some kitchen cabinet crown molding. I have no complaints, concerns, or regrets.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.