YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Shop Popular Services GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 731 reviews
on September 16, 2015
Compared to the newsprint copy the electronic version is easier to read on my tablet in tight spaces. Bus, airplane and so on. But this is not the exact duplicate of the newsprint. For me, all the local news concerning NY is not wanted. I have no interest in local NY stories. The other issue I have is with typographical errors. Sentences that are duplicated. Sometimes a whole paragraph. Overall I overlook the small problems in favor of the convenience of better portability.
on November 3, 2012
I get the WSJ print edition at home, but when I travel I buy individual issues of the Kindle edition. But if I forget to buy the "current issue" of the Kindle edition each and every day (which can happen when traveling), there seems to be no way to buy yesterday's issue, not on the Kindle, not on the Amazon.com website.

So very annoying. Why can't we buy back issues? Does the technology really not exist? Really? And if is somehow avalable on Amazon.com, why is it so hard to find?
on May 30, 2015
I occasionally receive the WSJ via electronic media using a Kindle tablet. It appears to me that sentence structure and grammar are not as well attended to in the electronic version I obtain as in the news stand version. This may be due to the electronic media delivery process, but I don't think so. In my opinion somewhere along the line proof reading in the electronic version I get on my Kindle tablet, specifically for sentence structure and grammar usage, has been marginalized. Many complex and convoluted issues are fairly well reported and presented in the WSJ. A few more graphs and charts might be added to the electronic version if this is possible. I will continue to buy the WSJ using my Kindle tablet from time to time aware that the WSJ does have some of the best coverage of major financial news and related economic and political events and information.
on October 14, 2013
Until recently, I read the WSJ every week day for over 45 years. It is the best newspaper in the USA, and while that does not mean as much as it used to, I still enjoyed the comprehensive coverage of business, political and technical events. However, the Kindle edition is very pricy for what you get, and you must use the proprietary application on "Fire" edition Kindles. The app is clumsy, subject to bombing out and so difficult to navigate and view I stopped my subscription.
on February 5, 2014
I enjoy the Wall Street Journal. I will read some of it almost daily. Sometimes I see an interesting article that is for subscribers only and I purchase the digital version of the paper to read it. Unfortunately, I have found that often the article I am looking for will not even be in the digital version. So I somewhat feel like I paid, but that I did not get what I paid for. Had I bought the paper version would I not get each article? Why not in the digital version?

I have since sent an email to express my complaint to WSJ. I have been answered by four different Customer Service Reps, and none have yet seemed to even have read my actual email to them. So I have repeated it to each person with no success. So when purchasing the digital version of the day's WSJ for your Kindle, please understand that you will not get a whole lot more than what you could have had for free at wsj.com.
on April 14, 2013
One of the few thorough investigative and reliable daily news sources. I buy single copies from time to time when particular topics of interest are in the news. WSJ cuts the noise and presents the facts.

I also very much enjoy reading the comments on articles. WSJ draws readers and commentors with in-depth knowlege on topics often going beyond what is in the article. They also draw an intelligent readership that comments with clarity and insight.
on May 7, 2012
At the revised increased price (nearly equal the news stand price), the digital plus Wall Street Journal is not worth it.
on December 13, 2012
Somewhat of a disappointment. The articles were all there, but I missed Pepper and Salt and the list of declared dividends, currency exchange, weather. These were the small things that I would like for travel, the whole stack of paperes was waiting for me at home. This was just a stop-gap for travel abroad where the WSJ was not available.
on March 2, 2014
I do enjoy reading the WSJ, but quit my subscriptions to both the printed edition and the Kindle version because they both got to be too expensive. The print version can be gotten in introductory offers for a very reasonable price, but once the intro period is over, the annual subscription increases substantially. I love the Kindle version but find the subscription price too costly. I do buy the occasional single issue when something in the news warrants it.

As for content, I skim through the Page One, U.S. and World News and then pore over the OP/ED Pages, which I find the best anywhere (for a conservative viewpoint). Since I'm a Midwesterner, I have no interest at all in the Greater New York or City News sections. I WOULD pay the premium to subscribe for a Kindle version of a Chicago centric variant of the WSJ, if this were ever to become available.
on May 28, 2016
Once they got my credit card, charges kept coming.
I called and finally got a real person who said I didn't have a Kindle subscription!
Then on March 30, another bill of $28.99! I even deleted the app. on all devices.
Have I ever in 6 months been able to get full subscription articles? Absolutely NOT!
WSJ has such a good reputation. For me it was a scam I'm still stuck with.