Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 26, 2012
Amazon's reviews are a brilliant marketing service. But, with so many responses varying from "Greatest thing since sliced bread" to "a piece of junk," deep thinking and reading between the lines becomes essential. In regard to this Suncast Patio Serving Station, I needed a portable place near my grill in order to prepare pizzas. Rather than build one, I was greatly attracted by Suncast's offering. But, some of the reviews claimed it was impossible to construct. Trying to balance the positive and negative reviews, I forged ahead and ordered this Patio Station. It arrived with no imperfections, but when i set about assembling it --- mindful of the terrible warnings of a few reviewers --- sure enough, at step one I could not force Door B's hinge post into the bottom panel's corner hole. Attempts at hammering did not work. I was just about to file down the hinge post when I took a more careful look at the assembly directions. "DUMMY," I recoiled; you've got the bottom panel upside down. The picture clearly shows that the smooth (slightly textured) side faces right. It's going to be facing up when this is finished. After that stupid mistake --- and do not second guess the instructions; they are spot-on accurate --- I had no trouble in snapping this Station together. It is very cleverly designed; a Lego-savvy 4th grader could put this baby together in a remarkably few minutes. I am now grilling with this station as my prep and serving center and is exactly what I have needed to turn out a perfect grilling --- especially pizza. I recommend this product with my highest rating.
33 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2017
Suncast does it again with this "Outdoor Prep Station". I have some Suncast stuff in may garage and it works great. Plastic yes, but very sturdy and well made. This prep station is no exception. It is exactly what I had in mind. I have a Large Big Green Egg and wanted it mobile in and out of garage, so its not permanently mounted in one of BGE's expensive tables. It's in a BGE :"Nest" with 4" heavy locking casters. Still I needed some working room to prep food and stage items, not to mention storing some of my BGE stuff like the heavy pacesetter, tools etc. This Suncast prep station and an old aluminum folding chair gives me a great mobile BGE setup.

One word of caution tho. These Suncast products are ingenious in how they go together, but its not always intuitive. Usually the instructions are pretty good. Follow them to the letter in the steps they suggest. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING. If you have to force something, your doing it wrong. That said, these instructions were actually wrong! It said to start the build using the RIGHT side panel. I could not get it to work that way. When I started with the LEFT side panel, wham bam thank you ma'am, the box went together just like I expected. So either the instructions where backward or I'm backward. Either way, if it seems like the first step isn't going well, try the other side and you'll be fine. Suncast's directions are usually better than most, but this one was an exceptions. Still went together like lego's and seems story but light. Locking decent casters and it's better than my expectations.
on August 12, 2017
I purchased this for my husband to put next to his small round bbq grill. Searched quite a bit before finding this. Currently we just had a 2 tiered wooden table and that was only of minor value and didn't have a place to store things. First, I have to mention that when our mail lady delivered this she said we were the envy of the entire post office. Since you could see the item on the outside of the box apparently everyone got prep station envy. The reason I purchased this was because of the 2 door system for storage and for the 2 extending leafs. That being said, we can move on to putting it together. Yep, my husband fussed for a bit. Said getting the first 2 pieces together was off somehow. But, I got up on Amazon and read some of the very helpful reviews talking about putting it together and soon things fell into place. Got it together in about 20 to 25 minutes after the initial fight with the first 2 parts.Heed what another helpful reviewer wrote.... read the directions, even as sparse as they are. They do help. After that it went together easily. It is.... great. The leafs can of course be up or down...great great for cooking out. The doors to the storage are really good. Someone said the doors wouldn't stay closed. I think they need to recheck how the put them together or they got a defective station. I personally opened and closed the doors several times. There is no way they can "blow open" or come open on their own. When you close the door there is a "SNAP" sound and that is it. The wheels are useful and importantly, two of the wheel lock (he put the locking wheels on the front, obviously, so you can get to them easily to lock or unlock as need be. The little accessory bin which is on the top shelving area can be used for cooking utensils or for your sauces, ketchup etc. while cooking out. Hubby is very very happy with his surprise. It looks great and it is extremely helpful!! Can't beat it for the price either.
on September 11, 2017
I'm updating this review to a 4-star rating because:
1) Suncast sent me the missing middle shelf piece and did not charge me!
2) The product is sturdy and withstood my frustrated pounding with the hammer to disassemble the pieces and then reassemble with the shelf.

I can't give it a 5-star rating because customer control should make sure that the proper pieces are all sent in the first place.

I'm only giving it two stars because I spent hours trying to assemble this, thinking I was either stupid or unable to follow the 'directions' properly. I should have just gone to the back page and checked the parts list because instead of getting a bottom and a shelf I got two bottoms. No wonder the thing won't go together! No shelf, no door assembly. I'm going to go to Suncast's site and see if I can get them to send me the appropriate piece, if not I'll buy the part.
on November 29, 2014
I use it when I want to fry things and don't want the odors in the house. Inside I just keep gardening things. It has a pull out tray on the top shelf which is very handy to keep gloves, small pruners, hose nozzle. I like that t it has wheels. I can wheel it over by the back door when I cook and then just wheel it back when I'm done. The only thing I would mention is that if you use it for frying you may want to put paper towels or something because if oil gets on the top of this it's hard to remove. It's not smooth. It's a vinyl adhesive sheet with texture. I really get a lot of use from this cart and love it.
on June 7, 2017
Cheap plastic with poor instructions. The diagrams did not properly depict the orientation of the parts. Some of the plastic did not fit together without a lot of coaxing. My husband and I are experinced at RTA furniture and even Ikea furniture assembly frustrated us less than this did. If you make a mistake and put the wrong pieces together you have to be very careful in taking them apart as the plastic tears very easily. We did get it together and it is a handy storage piece but I wish I could look at it without daggers! If you have arthritis in your hands forget trying to put this together yourself.
on September 27, 2017
This a a sturdy, well-made and -constructed little cabinet. I bought it to replace a cabinet on my deck that had become a mouse house–disgusting! The doors are tight fitting, and there doesn't appear to be any other openings that the little critters can slink through. It's very attractive and handy–much nicer than the one it replaced. (It took me about 1/2 hour to assemble, and I'm a 66-year old female. Just make sure that you follow the directions and don't put the sides or back together in the wrong order like I did, because it's almost impossible to 'undo.')
on April 1, 2017
I bought this for my husband to use by the grill since he leaves his tools sitting on the deck railing. He still won't put them away, but at least there's a spot for them now! Looks sharp and is sturdy. I'm a fan.
on June 8, 2013
Wanted an easily moveable table space to sit near a kettle grill so I don't drop tools and food over a deck railing. Also wanted a portable storage space to stick some of those tools and some newspaper and unused charcoal when I don't need them so I don't have to carry them in and out of the house and find a place inside to store them, especially if the kettle is still hot, and it isn't safe to store a charcoal bag and paper under it. This "prep station" satisfies both of these wants. It is made of that slightly flexible, heavy plastic and snaps together. It is plastic so it is light enough to roll around easily (under the eaves in the rain, into a corner out of the way, etc.). It is plastic so I can hose it off or clean it with glass cleaner or dish detergent. The top surface is large enough for me to put a cafeteria-sized tray on it and still have space for a glass or two and some tools. The interior is spacious enough for me to store long-handled tools in it. It may not satisfy an interior designer's (exterior designer's?) sense of style, but it works as advertised which any engineer can appreciate. That said, the real thing looks like its picture which is just fine with me.
on September 12, 2017
The materials and construction were as advertised and everything was delivered as scheduled. Based on reviews I anticipated some difficulty in assembling the unit as I am not very handy. I followed the directions exactly and found that proceeding from step 1 to step 2 ptovided the most difficulty. Holding two pieces together while fitting them into a third was tricky. I could have used another hand. It was theoretically possible to complete assembly without ant tools, but I found it necessary to use a screwdriver to get the back and sides together, probably because I didn't line them up exactly. Because the parts are engineered to fit together by snapping into place it is important to get everything lined up before applying pressure to snap the into place. I admired the design and engineering and would definitely purchase other product from this company.