Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 226 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 244 reviews
on July 15, 2017
We have a number of these which have used over the years in Alaska to field and fine fillet salmon, including sockeyes in large numbers. The various iterations from Japan and China have proven out in use. They take and hold an nice edge from a worksharp k o grinder or apex sharpener and a few quick strokes of a ceramic hone every few fish is sufficient. Never had a problem with rust with fresh or salt water. The 9" model is just right with appropriate flex and curve for salmon, and the 7" model good for those who prefer it and I like 7" for dolly varden and similar sizes. Usable sheath for storage; never had the need to carry on belt so not tried it. Our first choice for salmon fillet knife, though I suppose you could find better for substantially higher cost.
on March 15, 2017
I love Kershaw knives and have always carried them. This filet knife is no different. It's very sharp and has the perfect flex in the blade for cutting fillets. This is my No.1 now!
on December 10, 2016
Comes very dull but sharpens up and holds an edge. Rusted after first use despite filleting and rinsing in fresh water. Decent for the price but I would not buy again. Would rather spend an extra $10 and buy something nicer.
on December 26, 2015
Good knife but the handle isn't very comfortable and the sheath is just plain horribly uncomfortable, it's secure and isn't gonna get cut through but the edges are sharp, I got it because it was cheap and I needed a fillet knife and have had very good experience with other kershaw knives, if I got another cheap fillet knife I'd probably go with a morakniv mora fillet knife.
on July 26, 2011
I bought this 7" Kershaw to replace its 9" big brother as a component of my take-along gear when I go bottom fishing. This is a good -- not great, good -- knife at an excellent price. The rubberized handle give it a solid feel, and the blade holds a good edge that can easily shave the hair on your arm. My only complaint about the knife is that the blade is a bit too narrow, making it overly flexible.

While the 9" Kershaw is of equal quality and feel, I found it too long to the point of being unwieldy, and the extra length amplified the flexible nature of the blade. The 7" is really the perfect length for a general use fillet knife.
on February 10, 2016
Just got this knife today. However it did not come sharp. That being said if you know how to use a sharpening stone you can put a razor sharp edge on it. It is a quality knife. Kershaw has been one of my favorite brands for many years and it proved to hold true to its name. The knife has good flexibility and has a nice sturdy handle. Just what I was looking for
on June 10, 2017
Strong but flexible and floats! Easy to sharpen. I use for everything from filleting fish to skinning and cleaning deer, pig, and goats.
on June 23, 2013
Very satisfied with my Kershaw fillet knife. My wife is probably going to steal this from me for daily cooking and carving. The only shortcoming is I would like it to be more flexible for filleting smaller fish. Worked great for 10+ pound snapper but proved difficult and wasteful on 6 lb flounder. Also knife tends to fall out of sheath too easily. The sheath need a snap restraint. On the upside, it sharpens quickly and easily and holds edge for adequate sessions.
on June 11, 2017
I am very satisfied with this knife. I just make sure to wash and wipe it right away instead of letting it sit in the sink in the water
on July 9, 2017
I used this for making beef jerky, and it worked great. I was able to make thin strips so it worked out great.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.