Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kershaw Fillet Knife with Sheath (7-inch Blade)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Style Name: 7 Inch|Change
Price:$13.92+ Free shipping

on April 18, 2011
Bought this Kershaw Knive from amazon.com. I have used it now about six times and each time on about a dozen crappie or bass. It has a great feel to it. Fit's my hand just right and the grip is solid, doesn't slip around. It's very sharp and will slice thru the bones good. So far I haven't sharpened it any. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a excellent fillet knife.
on April 17, 2009
I had one brought down to me in Jamaica, and it is great to fillet fish, chicken. However, get yourself a hand guard for your left hand or be very careful when using -- this baby is sharp! Great case for storage.
on October 14, 2012
This 9" blade Kershaw fillet knife from Amazon is flexible enough to follow the bone curvature without leaving meat behind but does not wobble when you make a hard straight cut. The blade maintains it edge very well.
on July 18, 2013
This knife is the wickedest-looking tool in my knife drawer. It's also wicked sharp out of the box. Not too fancy looking, but well-balanced with a dependable grip even when wet or greasy. I thought about getting the 7-inch version, which would work just fine for 99 percent of my fileting needs, but for a couple of extra bucks I can brandish this outrageous cutlass and impress the neighbors and the cat. Seriously, it glides right through flank steak and flounder, has the right amount of blade flexibility and curve for me, and is actually fun to use. All for 13 bucks - go figure!

Oh, don't cut off your finger.
on June 15, 2016
The Kershaw Fillet Knife with sheath is a good value -- quality, performance and cost. The 9-inch blade is very useful for larger fillets, although for small fillets it requires some care during use. The knife "clicks" into the sheath and stays in-place, even when carried in luggage. The knife maintained its edge and was flexible, steady in the handle with a non-slip grip..
on August 20, 2013
The knife arrived in mint condition and it seemed sharp enough.

I took it on a fishing trip and we used it to fillet a couple of tuna, it worked perfectly at the beginning, the problem is that after a couple of hours (we were still on the boat) it started to show RUST! I'm uploading a picture so you can see what I mean, I had never seen something like this, after a couple of hours it just got rust all over it.

At the end of the afternoon (we caught around 8 fish that we filleted) it was kind of dull also, but the main issue is the rust. If I was in USA I'd return it, too bad I brought it to Costa Rica with me and the return would be more expensive than the knife.

review image
on July 28, 2016
This knife is great for the price. It comes sharp but after i ran it through my AccuSharp 001 Knife Sharpener, it felt like it cut cut bread so thin, you could only see one side. If you want a good quality filet knife with a sheath, and still have money in your pocket, buy this!
on June 19, 2013
This obviously isn't Kershaws finest, and its actually embarrassing to have the kershaw name attached to it. Nonetheless, for $11, this blade is very nice for the price. Love the aesthetics, nice grip, long blade, but the blade is pretty dull. It was decent in terms of its sharpness, but not what I expect from kershaw. Cutting paper, fine... Cutting meat was decent, but when trying to cut an orange to test sharpness, it FAILED. I know that's not what this knife is for, but if it can't cut an orange, then how will I fillet a fish!?
on August 1, 2016
I love this fillet knife, this is the second one I have purchased (lost the original). Clean cuts and great control.

The hard plastic sheath with a drain makes cleaning it easy and lets you throw it in with the rest of your gear and not worry about the knife or your gear.
on January 29, 2011
I got this knife for Christmas and it is awesome.The sheath is solid plastic, which is great compared to my rapala sheath. The knife its self is wonderful two. It has a nice rubber handle, and a great blade. If you are considering this knife buy it, it is totally worth the money. Also, if you are looking at sharpeners buy a smiths. Here is a link to the one i have [...]