Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 20, 2014
I bought this to see if it would work with hot sauce for chicken wings. It works very well, and it was a HUGE hit with my group of friends. I was unable to find ANY reviews on chocolate fountains as to whether or not they work with hot sauce, so I wanted to write this in case there was any crazy person like me who wanted a "chicken wing fountain".
175 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on October 19, 2016
My party guests think I am the ultimate host *cackles with glee*. This fountain has won them over for each and every get-together I have. Pair with with the strawberries, apples, marshmallows, donut holes, whatever.. and you'll be a winner every time. Use with the recommended chocolate. I use with the Wilton Chocolate Pro Fountain & Fondue chocolate...Wilton Chocolate Pro Fountain & Fondue Chocolate - Wafers 2 Pounds.
17 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2016
I purchased this for my son's 2nd birthday party, which was Frozen themed. It turned out to be perfect for the event! It's not too big of a unit, but easily held a bag of the Wilton Chocolate Pro chocolate. Side recommendation: that chocolate was perfect because it didn't require mixing chocolate and oil like the fountain directions suggested and it tasted great! Just melt in the microwave, turn on the fountain, and pour it in. No fuss for the rest of the night. The chocolate fountain was the highlight of the party and the (older) kids had so much fun running back and forth to dip strawberries, angel cake, and marshmallows. The only knock I would give this fountain is, like other reviewers stated, the motor is kind of loud. It didn't matter so much for our event because there were a lot of people and activity, but it would be pretty noisy for a quieter affair. Overall, I was very pleased with this purchase!
16 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2018
This was AWESOME!!! First off, you can't beat the price. Who doesn't love a chocolate fountain???!!! It was easy to use and easy to clean compared to other models. I ordered the actual chocolate fountain chocolate and it could not have been easier. We just melted the chocolate first and then poured it in the warmed up fountain. We had this thing running for about 5 hours and it worked like a dream and had everyone asking where i got it! Can not wait to use it again.
on October 25, 2017
We bought this to use with nacho cheese at a friend's 40th b-day party. We had to thin the cheese a bit, but this thing worked so well. It just kept that cheese going all night. It took us a minute to sort out where all the parts went, but once we got it together (reading directions is for sissies) it was exactly what we were looking for.
4 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2016
Just received this fondue fountain and assembled it right away to make sure it works. Putting it together is very simple and quick and it looks like it works just fine so far. My only con just like many other reviews stated is the noise it makes when it start turning. However I already anticipated that issue and still wanted it! Can't beat the price and the size is very portable.
6 people found this helpful
on November 1, 2017
Just bought this for a Halloween party. Extremely disappointed. I have run these before as I usually borrow one (another brand) from a friend for our annual party, but decided to buy my own fountain this year. The motor is so loud, it was difficult to focus on conversation. Not to mention, about 30 mins into running it, the motor smelled like it was overheating, like an electrical smell. I turned it off and unplugged it. Will be returning soon. Definitely a decent price, but not worth the terrible noise and burning smell. Reluctant to buy this brand again.
4 people found this helpful
on October 6, 2016
A worthwhile investment for a Mom who loves to do parties at home. The kids go wild over the chocolate fountain. I've tried using normal chocolate melts and adding vegetable oil to thin out the consistency. However, the BEST are from the local craft stores that sell chocolate melts specifically designed for fountains and fondue. A much more cost effective option than buying pure Belgian chocolate especially using the 40-50% coupons. I usually stock up and use the fountain for family gatherings. A great way to get the kids to eat more fruit over the holidays. I will be taking it out again for our neighborhood Halloween party.
on December 18, 2017
I've used it twice with no problems as long as the chocolate was totally melted before going into the machine. You also need to clean it quickly after turning it off. And I really mean quickly.
on December 6, 2017
I love this! It works perfectly, cleaning is not easy, but is manageable. I did have to thin out the melting chocolate with oil in order for it to flow smooth. As others have stated it is loud, I wouldn’t use it for a meeting or quiet dinner. A party setting is fine.
2 people found this helpful