Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 380 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 400 reviews
on November 5, 2013
These are great quality filters. They will clean the water and keep it clear. I am cheap when it comes to things like this. I washed the filter really well each week and each filter ended up lasting for months and months. In fact one of these pacts lasted me a whole year and the water never got cloudy. If you do clean these be carefully with them. If you are too rough the black rocks inside can escape and you will have to throw it away.
on February 28, 2016
We've been using this filter since Christmas when we gave our son his turtles. They were so stinky! He has been obsessed with turtles for a while and that was the only thing he wanted for Christmas. It just so happened that one of our neighbors was looking for a new home for theirs. The filter that they had did not work great and his whole room and the hallway smelled like turtle even after changing the water. We bought this filter and within a couple of hours, the smell was gone. The replacement cartridges are very easy to change out. I'm still amazed at what a difference this filter made. I highly recommend it.
on August 2, 2014
These filters do their job, but they are over-priced. If you want to save money, just make your own with the Bio-Bag Disposable Filter Cartridges (Medium). The kit includes all you need for making the same filters and they are easy and fast to assemble!
(Review edited to change the product rating to 5 stars instead of 3. The product is great and it shouldn't be down-rated due to price, if you want to spend the little extra so you don't have to make your own, that is your choice for the extra luxury and it really isn't that large of a money difference in the end.)
on October 29, 2016
These are great filter media!
I mean, you could take the time to make your own filter media and it would be cheaper but you'd have to use the time, the space, and the research to get them right for your tank and your species. These take the guess work out completely, save a ton of time and make things just overall easier.

They fit perfect in the large waterfall filters and the combo keeps our turtle tank super clean and pretty for our babies to do thier thing and grow into big ole turtles. We have a common snapping turtle that's about seven months old and about 5inches long. We also have a red earred slider who's about 7 months old and about 3 inches long. They share a forty gallon tank (for now) and do great together. However, turtles are dirty little birdies and keep the tank pretty gross without great filtration. These pads really help the filter work its best to keep their home sparkling clean!

I've actually rarely seen a turlle tank as clean as ours and I've never seen one with a snapper that's this clean. Apparently Tetra is doing something right to keep our babies in such a clean area! Thanks Tetra - we appreciate the help in keeping their home nice and tidy!
review image review image
on May 30, 2011
I own five filters that use these cartridges and they work very well, however I found that if you buy the Tetra 26160 Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridge, Unassembled, Medium, 12-Pack you're going to save $$$.

You can reuse the plastic frames (recycle, recycle) from these cartridges. You'll end up paying less than a buck a piece for the Unassembled ones!

They look and work the same.

They are both manufactured by the same company, Tetra.

Prime also!
66 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 28, 2017
Works well, a little expensive when the Tetra medium bio bag filters(almost exact same filter very slight color difference) are almost 3x cheaper per 12 pack unassembled, and assembly is extremely easy. You can even keep the frames and clips from the repto filters and use them with the bio bags if you want to have extra on hand.

repto-filter- $24.46 (per 12 pre made)
bio bag- $7.89 ( per 12 unassembled)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2014
This filter is installed in a half-filled 120 gallon tank housing 2 medium-sized turtles. It is performing very, very well. I am delighted with the clarity of the water. First the filter had to clean up the water after a few days of no filter when the old one failed. It did that within a couple days. Accessing the filters to clean/change them is a matter of lifting the top of the rock formation and pulling out the filters. This is the first filter I've had that didn't hang off the side of the tank and I like it very much; and it looks like a decoration instead of a utilitarian piece of equipment. Finally, our turtles actually use it for basking. What more could I ask for in a filter?
on October 14, 2016
These filters fit a large ReptoFilter unit. We actually have two of them from when the turtle was little smaller (before we upgraded to a larger filtration system). These filters work ok - but aren't great. The water really isn't forced through the filter that effectively and these filters have carbon pellets in them that aren't uniformly dispersed. If you are filtering a small amount of water - they probably will get you buy. If you have a larger capacity need - seek out larger filtration solutions.

Keep in mind that these only fit the Tetra brand filter.
on February 9, 2016
The product is great if it were shipped as specified in the description. My product arrived on time and was nicely packaged, However, when i opened the contents to use one of the three filters, I noticed that one of the filters was empty of the carbon element. Basically I saw only a filter pad and no charcoal at all. I guess I can still use it if I buy my own charcoal and fill it myself.

It was a ADD ON item so it is not worth my time and effort to return this as it was inexpensive. However I wanted to give my opinion on what I received. I would send a picture but you wont be able to see that the charcoal is missing from the white filter pad....
on April 3, 2016
These are very convenient to use and a time saver. I replace them every 2 weeks and they definitely take a lot of debris out of the water. You can see the debris stuck to the used filters when you replace them. The water stays pretty clear with these too. The Repto Filter (large) uses 2 medium size filter cartridges at a time, so you are better off to order 2-4 boxes, as each box contains 3 filter cartridges.