Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 29, 2016
These are great filter media!
I mean, you could take the time to make your own filter media and it would be cheaper but you'd have to use the time, the space, and the research to get them right for your tank and your species. These take the guess work out completely, save a ton of time and make things just overall easier.

They fit perfect in the large waterfall filters and the combo keeps our turtle tank super clean and pretty for our babies to do thier thing and grow into big ole turtles. We have a common snapping turtle that's about seven months old and about 5inches long. We also have a red earred slider who's about 7 months old and about 3 inches long. They share a forty gallon tank (for now) and do great together. However, turtles are dirty little birdies and keep the tank pretty gross without great filtration. These pads really help the filter work its best to keep their home sparkling clean!

I've actually rarely seen a turlle tank as clean as ours and I've never seen one with a snapper that's this clean. Apparently Tetra is doing something right to keep our babies in such a clean area! Thanks Tetra - we appreciate the help in keeping their home nice and tidy!
review imagereview image
on July 31, 2017
These filters work very well. They catch lots of stuff and fill up fast. I try to change it when you see the water coming over the top of the filter inside the pump. usually takes 3 weeks in my turtle tank. I also have a large external filter for the tank as well but it wasn't doing as good of a job as I would like it to. I added my old pump which uses these filters and it dramatically helped. plus these are very easy to change.
on July 1, 2017
We have one Red Slider and this filter works great to keep her tank clean and provide a healthy environment. The filters do need to be changed frequently, and when you change them it is obvious that they work well as the dirty filters are pretty disgusting! The local pet shop sells these same filters, but not in a 3 pack which provides significant savings.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 28, 2017
Works well, a little expensive when the Tetra medium bio bag filters(almost exact same filter very slight color difference) are almost 3x cheaper per 12 pack unassembled, and assembly is extremely easy. You can even keep the frames and clips from the repto filters and use them with the bio bags if you want to have extra on hand.

repto-filter- $24.46 (per 12 pre made)
bio bag- $7.89 ( per 12 unassembled)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2014
This filter is installed in a half-filled 120 gallon tank housing 2 medium-sized turtles. It is performing very, very well. I am delighted with the clarity of the water. First the filter had to clean up the water after a few days of no filter when the old one failed. It did that within a couple days. Accessing the filters to clean/change them is a matter of lifting the top of the rock formation and pulling out the filters. This is the first filter I've had that didn't hang off the side of the tank and I like it very much; and it looks like a decoration instead of a utilitarian piece of equipment. Finally, our turtles actually use it for basking. What more could I ask for in a filter?
on October 14, 2016
These filters fit a large ReptoFilter unit. We actually have two of them from when the turtle was little smaller (before we upgraded to a larger filtration system). These filters work ok - but aren't great. The water really isn't forced through the filter that effectively and these filters have carbon pellets in them that aren't uniformly dispersed. If you are filtering a small amount of water - they probably will get you buy. If you have a larger capacity need - seek out larger filtration solutions.

Keep in mind that these only fit the Tetra brand filter.
on February 9, 2016
The product is great if it were shipped as specified in the description. My product arrived on time and was nicely packaged, However, when i opened the contents to use one of the three filters, I noticed that one of the filters was empty of the carbon element. Basically I saw only a filter pad and no charcoal at all. I guess I can still use it if I buy my own charcoal and fill it myself.

It was a ADD ON item so it is not worth my time and effort to return this as it was inexpensive. However I wanted to give my opinion on what I received. I would send a picture but you wont be able to see that the charcoal is missing from the white filter pad....
on July 21, 2017
They do the job well--good price and love convenient amazon prime. Just keep your water level above the motor--that is my daughter's biggest problem with her frog tank.
on April 3, 2016
These are very convenient to use and a time saver. I replace them every 2 weeks and they definitely take a lot of debris out of the water. You can see the debris stuck to the used filters when you replace them. The water stays pretty clear with these too. The Repto Filter (large) uses 2 medium size filter cartridges at a time, so you are better off to order 2-4 boxes, as each box contains 3 filter cartridges.
on June 10, 2013
These filters are perfect. We have a red eared slider and they are pretty messy. These filters do a great job of keeping his home clean. I've ordered them before and not had a problem yet. The only thing I would like to see is that you get three in a pack. Our tank has 2 filters so we have to order two boxes at a time. That gives us 3 changes. I would rather see 4 filters in a box. I would have to order less often. With free shipping they cost less than at the pet stores or Wal-Mart.