Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 4,528 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,735 reviews
on April 8, 2015
This is so cute and funny Roenahn loves SpongeBob... animals are so smart... she watches this on my tablet..
review image
on February 9, 2017
Seasons 1, 2, and 3 are great, classic cartoons!! I still enjoy them as much as I did when the series started in 1999.
However, I'm not a big fan of season 4 and I care nothing for the remaining seasons. The show started using gross gags in season 4 and it just got worse with each season, after season 4. Which is a shame since, as I stated at the beginning of this review, the first three seasons contain some of my all time favorite cartoons.
on April 19, 2015
Excellent for the kids.
review image
on February 28, 2017
There are a few episodes that should be in here which just aren't. That includes the very first episode. You know, the one where they use Tiny Tim's "Living in the Sunlight" while Spongebob feeds those anchovies.
on May 22, 2016
This show is amazing to me! I've watched since I was a kid. All ages still love this show. It's incredible how the writers come up with so many ideas and every episode is so good! Spongebob is a fantastic show I would recommend to anyone. I give this 5 stars and I don't take that lightly. I'm an aspiring filmmaker and I only give 5 stars to what I think is really good entertainment that I have nothing negative to say about. I thank amazon video for having this available!
on January 15, 2017
So I guess I've been watching SpongeBob for 10 years now between my 2 kids. I have to say when it first came out I thought it was cute and appropriate. After watching each episode hundreds of times it really gets on my nerves. However, there are some pretty awful and inappropriate cartoons these says and I still feel that good ole SpongeBob in his pineapple under the sea is appropriate for my kids to watch. They love it so 5 stars from me!
on February 19, 2016
Somewhere in Europe, the German DVD re-release of SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete First Season does live up to its name. Let's explain that.

In North America the Region 1 DVD releases doesn't have the very first episode called Help Wanted, because it contains an oldies song (Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight) by Tiny Tim. That episode can only be found on 10 Happiest Moments DVD, and The First 100 Episodes Box Set.
However, the German release does have very first episode which makes their set the most definitive release in the world and in English and German dubbed[¹].
Alongside all of the episodes from the first season, the DVD authoring playback of these episodes isn't marathon mode but feels just like broadcast version. So what's the point? It's SpongeBob as we all know it, NTSC or not!

¹: SpongeBob Schwammkopf - Die komplette Season 1 -- PAL Region 2
review image review image
on March 23, 2017
I love spongebob but this is NOT the complete series furst off this starts with reef blower and the first episode is actually help wanted where spongebob gets his job at the krusty krab but other than that so far so good
on May 24, 2017
I watched SpongeBob Squarepants from season 1 to season 6.
I have to say that 60% of the best episodes are contained within the first 2 seasons. Season 3 ,4 and 5 had a good number of quality episodes, but for me the show took a big drop starting in season 6 and I stopped watching.
Gross out violence and more jerkishness on the part of characters like Patrick turned me off
on January 27, 2017
SpongeBob SquarePants Season 1 is only pure, silly entertainment. Do not expect it to be educational public television. With that being said we baby sit our 1 1/2 year old and he loves it. One of the first few words he spoke was "Ponge Bob".

We watch it on both from the Nickelodeon App our Apple TV and our Amazon Fire Stick. Both have merits. Show on the Apple TV are shown in full HD screen with a great picture, BUT there are Nickelodeon commercials. Spongebob on our Amazon Firestick play episodes back to back without commercials, BUT the picture is in standard definition with the black bars on the sides of the screen.

We've watched every episode so many times that we've memorized almost every line and its obvious that the writers anticipate some of the humor going over the children's heads and is aimed at the adults watching with them.

As a final note, when my wife worked at a Christian School this was one of the forbidden cartoons to show at after school. If you have to judge that type of thing, watch the episode at night before watching it with your child. Don't ban an entire series because of one or two scenes.