Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 321 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 340 reviews
on May 8, 2017
I would have given it 5 stars but the corner of the unit was slight dented. Fortunately it was a back corner and so was not noticeable. The instructions are fairly complete and understandable. The electrical connections were very simple and doable by anyone that's done elementary electrical connections. I ended up buying the cable as I had an outlet the unit would be plugged into. I liked that the unit is convertible with venting either from the top or the center back. I liked that the enclosed filter is machine washable. The unit's not very quiet, but then again I'd only exhaust when needed.
on September 20, 2013
I had to replace a very old range hood (one that had the top vent about 2 inches off center), and I wasn't looking to replace it with the of the uber hoods, so this worked fine. I had to manhandle it into the spot (remember that 2 inches off center thing? Sucked), but it works fine. The fan is a little loud, and it's definitely cheaper made than my last one - plastic fan, only one poorly fitting screen, but it's there now, so I won't have to think about it again for a while (I hope).
on July 25, 2015
Customer service has been very good. First unit arrived badly damaged do to exceptionally weak OEM packaging. Replacement box even more so, but thankfully only minor damage. The sheet metal can't be fore than 20 gauge. So thin that moderate finger pressure will bend it. Useless filter. Light shield is pretty lame. Seems to have good airflow and is pretty quiet. Not done running new duct outside (have to go through brick veneer. The hood probably will not make it for more than a couple of years - and at that point I'll upgrade to at least a 16 gauge just like my old Jenn-Aire.
on August 17, 2015
I purchased the Broan 403008 Under Cabinet Hood to replace a very old unit in my kitchen that failed. I liked the fact that this unit gave the options of venting it out the back or on top in case I needed to make any changes during the installation. It appeared to be a good unit at a great price point compared to what the local stores had available at the time. It arrived quickly and on time with adequate packaging. It included all new hardware and directions for installation. The install went so easy that I practically installed it with one hand since a had the other wrapped in a bandage after surgery. My wife is very happy to have it back in order with a working light and fan. The fan might not be the most quiet on the market but it is much better than what we had. I highly recommend this product and seller.
on October 8, 2014
Great no-frills hood. Replaced a half working avocado green hood in my outdated kitchen from 1972, and it's really helped to spruce things up a bit. It provides a lot of light that illuminates the entire cooktop, which I think is a great feature. It allows for a bulb up to 75 watts but I only had to use a 40 watt bulb and I still think it's very bright.

I deducted one star only because I had to order 2 hoods...the first arrived in a box that looked fine, but when I opened it, there was a huge dent in the front. Ironically, my replacement's box was very beat up, but the unit was fine, so...
on August 21, 2016
Came with a small dent, but figures. Easy to install for my kitchen setup. The light works great and the high and low fan speeds are excellent. Good quality.
on October 28, 2016
I purchased this in August 2013 and the fan is now on its very last leg.We have removed the fan and had it professionally cleaned thinking that would remedy it's almost complete inability to operate.After cleaning,it has lasted exactly 1 day and has returned to its inability to operate. I was going to just buy a replacement fan for 22.98 and decided since the new range was 49.00 I should just go ahead and replace the entire unit.It is affordable compared to the cost of the unit say at Home Depot or Lowes where I would pay twice as much. That in itself deserves 5 stars,however I am hoping that I don't have to purchase a replacement unit every 3 years.
on June 16, 2014
i saw this at lowes for almost double the price. it works great and is pretty quiet.
the directions are not very clear. the wiring is inside of the unit. you will have to use a screw driver to pull away the metal to get to the wires. since this was the first time i had to install one, i did not know this.
but the unit is very nice. looks nice with our new stainless and black stove. worth the price.
on May 11, 2015
I bought a fixer upper property and for now I am trying to stay within a budget while I do other main updates. This range is amazing. The fan is not silent however, most are not anyways. This one came in a secure package and was delivered promptly. It is easy to install but I would recommend having a helping hand to hold it up while it is put in. (or have someone who is good with wiring to do it for you) It has a nice glossy finish and matches my other white appliances perfectly!
** It will come with specified instructions and some stock hardware, but you will need your own tools and you may also want to invest in better screws based on what you may be installing it into. My location was a rear vent so the air duct throws outside through the back of the range and I already had that hardware installed when I bought this. If you have no set up you will need to buy wall range kits as well.
on July 8, 2017
It came quickly and my contractor installed it in my new kitchen. Looks great and functions just as my previous Broan. It is a little quieter than my old one, but definitely not whisper quiet.