Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 248 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2008
These are well worth the money. the Pizza cutter and the plane grater are especially useful. The kitchen tools in this set are all great! good grips indeed! We got these because we have arthritis and have trouble using some kitchen tools, These are easy to hold and use,good looking, and are quite well built. They do what they are made to do well without requiring much effort. We are going to buy more stuff from Oxo. My kids want sets of their own for when they move out. It is a little hard to fit all the gadgets back in the bucket as neatly as they arrived.
Update: I've had these for a year now and they are all still in excellent condition and work superbly! the peeler is the bet we have ever had I had given up peeling potatos but have no trouble now. The can opener is also excellent we all are very happy with these tools.
UPDATE no 2: it is now May of 2015 all these tools still work just fine and show no signs of deterioration.
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2011
I purchased the OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Tool Set roughly a month ago as I moved into a new apartment that had no kitchen utensils. I had browsed around at various local stores examining different types of utensils and contemplated buying a piece meal set with different brands, but ultimately I settled on this set and brand.

Some of the best attributes of this product is that it includes most every tool that you need in a working kitchen. I'm no gourmet chef, I cook just to eat healthy and cheaply, and so far I haven't found anything that I need that isn't in here. There have been comments that there is no spaghetti spoon, and that would be the one potential downfall. However, the included tongs work perfectly for mixing, tossing, and picking up pasta.

The other potential issue others have mentioned is the tight squeeze in the holder. Yes, it is a tight squeeze if you leave every single tool in it. My simple solution was to put the potato masher and meat tenderizer in a drawer. I hardly ever use them anyway, and they're big and bulky and are the ones taking the most space. I also will likely move the pizza cutter into a drawer simply because I don't like reaching in and grabbing things with a blade right by my hand. One positive to the compactness is that it is a well built, hefty container that you don't need to worry about knocking over, or any tools tipping it over.
on July 18, 2014
I bought this set almost 4 years ago and every piece is still holding up extremely well. As others have said in their reviews, the container does not fit the utensils very well. I store my utensils in a large ceramic utensil holder, like how they're displayed in the picture (because I don't have a lot of cupboard space in my tiny kitchen). I actually put the container to use and have it in my kitchen; it holds my scissors, twisty ties, pens and other odds and ends.

The 12-inch tongs are one of my favorite utensils that came with this set. It has a thing on the end that you can pull out to lock the tongs in place, which makes for easier storage. It works great as a pasta tong as well!

The flexible turner, square turner, spoon, and slotted spoon are all GREAT! I use all 4 of these frequently. The spoons and square turner (the one with the slots) are very sturdy and well made; I frequently run them through the dishwasher and have seen no wear on them, even after 4 years of use. The flexible turner is flexible and bends easily, so I wouldn't recommend using it on heavier foods. It's good for making pancakes, flipping fish, etc.

The spatula is pretty small, but it still comes in very handy. It's so small that you can fit it in a can of spaghettios. It's flat, which makes it great for scraping things. I like to use it for baking or making casseroles.

The swivel peeler works great. It's so sharp that I accidentally cut myself the first time I used it to peel potatoes, but that's my fault. It definitely gets the job done.

The balloon whisk is very sturdy. I've seen some flimsy whisks where the wiring on them tends to fall apart, but that's not the case with this one. I love how thick the handle is. It's very easy to hold onto and I've never owned a whisk better than this one.

The pizza wheel is amazing! Again, it has a nice grip on it. In fact, all of these utensils have great grips on them (that's pretty obvious with a brand like Good Grips). The blade is heavy duty and lets you easily cut through pizzas.

The ice cream scoop works very well and can scoop extremely cold ice cream straight from the freezer with ease. It does not have one of those little levers that releases the ice cream out of the scoop.

I have not yet used the meat tenderizer or the grater, but they both look like great utensils. The meat tenderizer is surprisingly light weight. In fact, the grater is slightly heavier than the meat tenderizer (and they're not heavy to begin with). The grater is curved and has a long grippy handle on it.

My only tiny complaints are:
1. The ice cream scoop and the pizza wheel (not the actual wheel part, but the part that connects the wheel to the handle) are showing some oxidation. I don't know if that's the right word for it, but the stainless steel parts have what look like little bubbles in them. These are the only two utensils that this has happened to, and they're still perfectly useable.
2. The potato masher. The masher part of it is on the thick side. It makes it harder than it should to mash things, and it's very hard to maneuver. If you're mashing something in a round bowl or a pan, it's very hard to reach the sides of it. It's also not very wide, and it just makes me feel like I'm doing way more mashing than I should have to. There are definitely better potato mashers out there.
3. The holder. If you want to take the time to fit each utensil into it like a puzzle then it'll work, but as I said earlier I ended up using it for something else.

In short, this is a great set of utensils that have held up for 4 years (and counting) of frequent use, and are still going strong. Also, I strictly wash my dishes in the dishwasher, and these utensils have gone through countless dishwashes. I would highly recommend this set. I bought it because I was moving into my first apartment and had no utensils, and this pretty much covers all of the bases.
on May 16, 2017
Superb quality and service from amazon. I highly recommend this product. I got these on sale and can't complain about the quality.
on February 27, 2016
Love it! So worth it! I almost don't need anything else. I've been able to pretty much eliminate the drawer full of utensils and now have this neat and orderly set. I only dish wash the plastic spoons and spatulas. Everything else is hand washed and left to dry in the canister. So far, no rust! Still looks good as new.
Everything seems to be made really well. The white spatula does seem to be a bit sensitive to heat though, but I probably shouldn't be using it for my omelets anyway. Definitely recommend it.
on September 24, 2012
I ordered this set because I desperately needed to replace a cheap nylon set, and needed sturdier tools for non-stick cookware. I've used each and every piece in this set, and each piece is EXCELLENT apart from the silicone spatula- the white spatula came off of the handle after the first use- you can easily stick it back on, but I wonder why it isn't glued to the handle? Each of these pieces sells for a pretty hefty price- so it's a much better deal to get this set if you need most of the pieces included. I took out the cheese grater, pizza cutter, peeler and can opener from the basket (I would prefer to have these items in a drawer anyways), and everything else fits just fine into the organizer. There is even room to spare for my all-purpose wooden spoon and large pancake flipper (also OXO). I love that the organizer has a drip tray that you can empty out without having to take everything out of the organizer- intuitive details like this makes this set a winner! Also, these are the STURDIEST nylon tools I've ever used- and super easy to clean.
on March 8, 2016
this products is nice except it can't handle hi heat.
on May 12, 2011
I wasn't sure if 80 bucks was worth this container of products, but after 4 months of use I am glad I bought them. None of them have broken or anything, they are all very durable, they all clean well nothing sticks/melts to them and I can see them lasting for quite a while. Not only do you have every kitchen utensil you could ever need (besides a wine bottle opener) it is all good quality and ergonomically correct and a pleasure to use. It's one-stop quality shopping. I read most of the comments before buying to help make my decision, some people didn't see the value in a product like this, saying they probably could have gotten everything less had they just bought different spoons, etc separately, I beg to differ! When I spend money I want the best quality for the price I'm paying and this is it. I feel confident I wont need to replace any of these items anytime soon. I have bought cheap kitchen supplies before- plastic thin spoons that break when you stir something thick like cookie dough, spatulas that melt in with the food when you stir, pizza cutters that wobble or don't cut well- this has all of those items but they are all of the best quality. The container is tight, and the items come outside of the container, and me, I just put a few of the bigger ones in a drawer, like the pizza cutter and the can opener, and it works out great for me. This was definitely worth the money to me.

6-month update: STILL HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT, GLAD I BOUGHT QUALITY KITCHEN TOOLS
on May 4, 2017
Reasonably good quality set if you need to equip a kitchen for the first time.
on September 16, 2014
Everything is perfect quality. I purchased an extra utensil holder because of the reviews saying that it gets a little cramped. Which I am happy to have two holders on my counter. So far everything looks good, but have not gotten the chance to use everything that came into the bundle.