Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 291 reviews
on May 3, 2017
As far as I am aware, you can access all of the Atlantic's online content free (with some non-intrusive ads). I still choose to pay for a Kindle subscription because I want to feel like I am contributing to great journalism. The Atlantic is mostly balanced, always topical and well edited. It gives me, as a non-American, a grown-up perspective on what goes on in the US; and it has plenty of content that stimulates the mind of a world citizen. I hate classic left-right classifications of socio-political views because there are way more than two types of people in the world but, as crude shorthand, I would say The Atlantic is intellectually left-leaning with a conscience that does not elide thoughts that come from the right. It also wears its deep thinking lightly and engages you in conversation rather than lecture. I don’t want to name other, more popular magazines or newspapers from the US that much of the rest of the world rates higher than The Atlantic – let me just say I’ve been there, done that.
on December 1, 2015
The Atlantic is one of the best monthly news magazines around. The writers are top-notch and the subject matter is always interesting. Back in the day, Rolling Stone had a reputation for cutting-edge investigative reporting (this was a long time ago). The Atlantic is like that Rolling Stone incarnation, grown up.
on July 18, 2016
The Atlantic is still a fine magazine with good writing. But they're using a very small typeface that makes the magazine very hard to read.
on January 2, 2017
Absolutely can not beat the price I scored my subscription at and the articles, as always are well written and packed into this magazine. There is not a plethora of advertisements, which is refreshing.
on April 20, 2016
One of the three best American magazines for investigative reporting. (It's up there with the New Yorker and Vanity Fair.) Top notch writing and insightful editing. Love it.
on August 23, 2016
one of the better examples of American Journalism. considerably more credible than most tv news and more depth to the stories than the soundbites we get from 95% of the pundits.
on August 15, 2016
This magazine is so full of information that I get excited when I see it in the mailbox. I like information but don't want to read 10 pages about a particular topic. This magazine gives you all kinds of information from around the world in various classifications. I used to get The New Yorker but the articles there went on and on. I'm not saying that they weren't well written; just saying that I don't need to know all the details about some things. I'd rather know a few things about everything than everything about a few things. That doesn't apply to work. :-)
on June 16, 2016
Excellent writing. Well researched stories.
on March 29, 2016
We had purchased the Atlantic from newsstands over the years and finally decided to subscribe.
We went through Amazon and the process was smooth and worked easily.
So now we are subscribers to a magazine that always offers good information and excellent writers.
No complaints only praise for a good product and easy subscribing process.
on March 21, 2017
The Atlantic is such an intelligently written, well-researched, contemporary magazine that I'd find it hard to live without! I really enjoy the deep dives into current topics, and always come away with either a new perspective, or a better understanding of the subject matter.