Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rubbermaid Antimicrobial Drain Board Large, Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Color: Black|Size: Large|Change
Price:$12.99+ $4.70 shipping

on January 27, 2008
The drainboard functions as advertised but I have have one negative comment on it. The underside verticle ribs, while slanted nicely to drain the water off, are made of a very hard material which causes the drain board to slide all over the countertop when even touched slightly. Dishes have to be placed in the top dish drainer carefully otherwise the bottom drain board slides out of position to drain the dripped water into the sink. The very thin underside vertical ribs make it almost impossible to stick on some type of anti slide rubber buttons to aliviate this sliding problem.
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2007
I liked this because of the Antimicrobial feature and hoped that improvements had been made in the way it drained. Water still accumulates in the the 2 corners and has to be wiped up every time it is used. I'm still looking for a drain board where the water runs to the middle and out into the sink. This is NOT it.
0Comment| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2011
I replaced a ten year old "rubber" Rubbermaid drain board with this new plastic replacement. Rubbermaid should be ashamed to put their name on this product. The water collects in the middle when the board is flat on the counter. It is so light weight as to not have any "grip" to the counter. The lip will not span even the smallest sink molding. I've retreived my old board from the trash, will repair the split in the edge with some crazy glue and put the new board in the trash. It has zero value in my humble opinion.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2009
I'm sorry to say that the Rubbermaid company does not manufacture the quality products it once did. Their new "Microban" antimicrobial protection material used in todays products is a cheap and lightweight material that as advertised, would imply that it is an improvement to benefit the customer. The Twin Sink Drainer is so lightweight that it slides around on the counter, kind of like a flat Frisbee. The Twin Sink Dish Drainer wire is much thinner, and has a silverware cup which does not effectively hold the knives and forks without them falling out. As I said before, this new product material is "for the customer's benefit". In fact, it is my opinion that these products are simply cheaper to manufacture, while sold at a higher price to the consumer. Imagine that!
I have no complaint with Amazon or their vendors. It is the Rubbermaid company that has gone down the tubes with this line of product.
44 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
When I ordered this Rubbermaid drainer tray I did so based on the picture of an old style drainer tray shown in the listing. But what I received was the flimsy, lightweight, new style rubbermaid tray. It is completely unacceptable. The marketer, Deerso, is misleading customers by displaying an old style product and then sending something all together different.
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2011
I guess the folks at Rubbermaid who redesigned this drain board must all have newly-built or renovated kitchens. The picture on this item's label depicts it being used on a granite countertop next to a bottom-mount sink. You'll need to meet these conditions if you want this thing to perform as it should.

I purchased the large, clear board to replace a 10-year old Rubbermaid board in Almond color. The old drain board was made of rubber, or at least a rubberized plastic, as you'll see mentioned in other reviews. This new one is definitely stiffer, more like the plastic in Rubbermaid's food containers. My old board still worked, but had acquired a few rust stains over the years, and the dish rack's feet had sunk into the board. I kept my old dish rack as it was still in like-new condition. The one pro I would have for this item is the old rack's feet fit the grooves of the new board perfectly.

But, I have nothing but cons for the rest of this review. In the spirit of saving a few cents, Rubbermaid has downsized the overall dimensions of the new board so that the ledge that drains into your sink is an inch shorter than the old model. Also, the tilted base underneath the board has a lower profile, in both height and slope. I have a drop-in stainless sink on a laminate countertop. This new board barely passes the outer lip of the sink, whereas the old board protruded all the way to the curve-in for the sink's tub. On the test drive, I found this board slid around far too easily, and while the water did drain into the sink, drops rolled under the board lip. Thank God I got the clear one and noticed this. I didn't give it enough time to accumulate before I was wiping the lip off, so I can't comment on how bad the accumulation was. But should you slide this board a millimeter or so while using it, expect to wipe up a spill afterwards. Any water on the counter, in my book, is a no-go.

The model down-sizing not only affected the draining lip, but the overall dimensions of the board suffered enough that any glasses hung on the outer glass hangers won't have any board underneath to catch water. As soon as I finished my dishes on that first run, I was cleaning my old board to put it back into service. Had they carried this new board in Almond to match my dish rack, I probably would modify it to meet my needs by improving the height and slope of it, as well as make it drain into my sink, but it's going back. This product is available at your local China-Mart in all colors for half what Amazon is asking, so simplify your return process, or if you keep it, save some money, by picking it up there.
on December 23, 2011
Like other Rubbermade products, this drain mat is really nice. The size isn't mentioned, so I thought it would fit my large 17x14 rack.
This drain board is 14 x 14 3/4 inches. Be sure to measure your dish rack before ordering this drainboard.
on December 20, 2013
I bought this to use with the Red Rubbermaid Large Wire Dish Drainer and it brings a bright spot to my white kitchen. It's much heavier and stiffer than I expected, but still easy to spray down about once a week and keep clean. The slight slant does a good job of draining away the water from the tray so there's not any standing water to deal with.
I can see only one problem and it wasn't apparent to me when I placed the order. If you have a drop-in style sink with a wide rolled edge, you may have a problem with all the water not being directed into the sink. The placement of the "foot" on the bottom, limits how far the front lip of the tray can be positioned past the rolled edge of the sink. The result is the lip sits "on top of" the rolled portion of the sink edge. This allows some of the water to run along the top of the sink edge and down onto the counter top.
Since I don't hand wash all my dishes, this is manageable. I simply dry the sink edge occasionally. If, however, I hand washed everything, this would be a real nuisance.
I would recommend this to a friend only after checking out their sink!
on April 12, 2013
The drain board drains on the SIDE, not out the end. This is useless for me.

I suggest if you can't find an accurate photo, don't show any image. I have spent too much time dealing with this.
on August 1, 2012
I only got this because I already had the drain rack. Rubbermaid seems to have gone way downhill after it became Newell Rubbermaid. This drainboard doesn't hang sufficiently over the edge of the sink, and the sides of the section meant to let the water pour out aren't deep enough, so that the water sometimes drains from the corners and thus onto the counter. The tilt isn't sufficient, either, which can be adjusted by putting something under the outer edge. And as if there aren't enough design flaws already, the bottom needs a non-skid surface because it slips away easily from the sink edge. I wipe up a lot of water from the counter. The lame thing is that these things could be redesigned away, if this was a corporation that cared about the quality of its products. Clearly it doesn't. When it's time to replace the rack, I'm going for a different brand altogether, and sayonara Newell Rubbermaid.