Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2016
We have a dog that has a grain allergy, and a rather sensitive tummy. He loves Texas Toothpicks, and they don't upset his stomach. They only last about 5 minutes, obviously depending on your pup's dedication to chewing, and be aware of the end on some of them. They hide will not swell like rawhide will, but the little knots on the end can be harder to chew, and we sometimes need to take it away from our dog at that point so he won't try to swallow the whole thing. Nothing out of the ordinary though for any dog owners.
3 helpful votes
on March 5, 2015
My dogs love these Texas toothpicks by Merrick. We've been buying it about 5 years now. I noticed that Merrick has been removing the small tail bone that is on the tip of the toothpick (which is great because we would wait until our dogs came to the end and would throw it away). Our dogs love them.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on March 7, 2015
These are one of our 2 senior dogs favorite treats! They are cheaper on Amazon than in our local pet stores, but they are still a bit pricey. They don't have much of a smell and our dogs eat them without causing a mess, so we can give them inside. They will occupy them for a little bit of time, but nothing significant. I wouldn't bother with them if you have agressive chewers; they will eat them far too quickly. I think at this pricepoint you would be better getting a more longlasting treat.
on June 2, 2015
I had been using these for a few years with my Doxies and Labs, I noticed one day that one of my small dogs was choking so I pulling out about 4 inches of the tail end chewed around a very sharp bone. I could cut cardboard with this bone. So I thought no more for them, but certainly the Labs could chew through it. Wrong! Not a week later one was stuck in the roof of her mouth, luckily no damage, but she could not close her mouth or get water and she was panicking, I can't imagine what might have happened if I had not seen her in time. Like a lot of treats we take chances, but this one is not one to take on a small dog or large because a large breed could just swallow it all together and then you need surgery to remove it.
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 3, 2014
My Morkie LOVED these the first time I gave them to her. Only problem - I couldn't find them in the stores after that one time. She was NOT happy! Very glad I thought to look online. Now she is (un)happyily awaiting them.

They are a great treat. Both chewy and crunchy. They take a little while to finish, so it uses her energy a bit and it helps keep her teeth clean as well.

If you have wondered if this is a good treat to try, I would advise doing so. Not ALL dogs are going to love them, of course. But I think most will as it has everything they love - taste, crunch, chew and not a quick devour. I know my pup would give her "paw" of approval if she could use the keyboard!
on September 10, 2015
My dogs loves these and I love them. They're made in the USA and don't have any extra ingredients. The vet recommended we stay away from bones and harder chews because they can cause chips and cracks in her teeth--so I give her these instead-they're much softer. I'm happy to say my dog's nine years old and her teeth are in great shape!
on June 30, 2015
My Wheaten Terrier chooses ONLY Texas Toothpicks by Merrick. I had stopped buying them at PetCo
because they were almost $25.00 and 1/2 the original size. The Toothpicks I received are the original
large size that are SAFER for my precious. They are the only chewable product that is easily digested
by my dog. These are a great price!
VINE VOICEon July 3, 2013
Every once in awhile I need a break from my dogs. Just a few minutes of my own where they are not wanting attention, barking or wanting to play. When I need that break I give them a Texas Toothpick. It takes my Scheperkie about 20 minutes to finish one and my mini aussie about 7 minutes. They love the treats and both dogs will take the toothpick to a designated treat spot and nothing will distrub them during the time they have the treat. For example if the doorbell rings they dont even look up, they love the toothpicks that much.

The price on amazon is about 5 dollars cheaper than what i was paying at the dog store near my house.
on July 19, 2013
I am very mindful about what I give my dogs for food and treats, as I know a lot of dog companies out there are full of fillers and just trying to make a buck without minding the additives and fillers they use. Merrick is a company I trust, which never lets me down and these are no different. My dogs love them and I feel good and safe about giving them to them! They aren't quite as crazy about these as some of the other Merrick products (they'll chew them for a bit and then come back to them later without not being able to move until the whole thing is gone) but it's a much better choice than others!
on August 23, 2015
My little dog loves them. I don't care for the smell though but she's worth it. Update:7/17 These have been out of stock for quite some time because of a recall and now that they are back the price has gone way up!! It's too bad because my dog loves them but no thanks!!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.