Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on January 16, 2016
Like cereal but don't like all the sugar and additives? Want to eat health? Look no further, this completely sugar free cereal is full of sprouted grains and nothing else. Pairs well with nuts and fruit like blueberries or pears. I also like to use my vanilla protien powder with it for some added nutrition.

Great stuff, love it
on January 13, 2016
I eat Ezekiel cereal almost exclusively. This batch was rancid and one of the boxes (thus far) was resealed and glued. I tried getting through a bowl or two, but I am not chancing anymore.
on January 23, 2011
I just started the "Cinch!" diet by Cynthia Sass and have switched to healthy, organic foods. I found this cereal while looking at organic products on Amazon.com and ordered it. While waiting for it to arrive I went shopping at The Fresh Market and saw this cereal there. I decided to buy a box to try in case I didn't like it then I could return the 6-pack. Boy was I surprised--it tastes great! I pour out 1/2 a cup into a bowl then add some ground cinnamon, a handful of blueberries then almond milk. It's real crunchy and so flavorful. I NEVER thought I would like a cereal like this. And to top it off it's good for you. At The Fresh Market I also bought a loaf of Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon/Raisin sprouted grain bread and it is delicious--I don't even need to add butter. Tonight I had it with Blue Diamond almond butter. I'm glad I bought the cereal last week at $26.96/6-pack. I thought it was a permanent price. Now that it is $41.54/6-pack I'll be buying it at The Fresh Market for $5+/box.
on May 14, 2015
This is very good - very similar to Grape-Nuts...I add blueberries and coconut sugar, because it's very dry and blah-tasting, but half a cup or so really fills me - plus I use almond milk. This stuff is great!
on July 7, 2007
I love "Food for Life Ezekiel" products. Originally, I was introduced to the bread when on a special diet -- an offshoot program of "Over-eaters Anonymous", the H.O.W. program -- many years ago. The bread contains NO flour, no sugar, is high in protein and fiber, and, for my taste, is delicious. Actually, I learned that OVER-eating was not really my problem. My problem was NOT eating the healthiest, life-giving, minimally processed foods available. Over time, I learned, relapsed, and relearned, etc. I was thrilled when I learned "Food for Life" added cereals to their product line. In looking at labels at my local health food store, I discovered that this brand was the ONLY cold cereal on the shelves that had NO sugar content! Since then, this is the ONLY cold cereal I buy. It can be served warm, as well. Generally, though, I prefer "John McCann's Steel-Cut Irish Oatmeal" (also zero sugar and high fiber) for hot cereal.

Needless to say, the cereal is expensive (but cheap if you consider that you're no longer polluting your body with all the sugar, air, preservatives, and other junk in most commercial cereals), so I was thrilled to find that Amazon.com offered it in a 6-box bundle for a far better price than my local market. I usually have a bowl a day with fresh berries (strawberries are very sweet this year in my area) and slivered almonds topped with light soy milk. I find that when I'm eating really nutritious food, I eat slowly and savor. When I'm eating junk, I tend to "wolf" it down. It doesn't matter why. I just hate that sensation, so I avoid it and my body thanks me every day.
11 comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 2, 2011
I've used Ezekiel 4:9 bread for a lot of years and enjoyed its no-flour, high-nutrient goodness. But it's not easy to find decent cereal...most of them are high-salt, high-sugar, do-it-yourself health problems in a box.

Was great to find E4:9's cereals! I've tried the flax and the cinnamon-raisin...both are great! Most of the time, I eat it cold with almond milk. But sometimes, I like mixing E4:9 about half 'n half with oat bran (I use Bob's Red Mill), adding almond milk, and popping it in the microwave for about three minutes. This stuff is great hot!

One great thing besides knowing the cereal is crammed with nutrition and high fiber is that it fills you up but good...and sticks to your ribs for hours. A real help for losing weight.

Some people won't like this kind of cereal. Too much like chowing down on twigs and weeds and sawdust, they fear. But the flavor is truly enjoyable. Add the milk, some fruit, and you'll have energy to last!

Finally, I've compared local store prices against Amazon, and the local is far higher.
on March 16, 2015
If you're accustomed to sugary cereal, getting used to this will take some time. I like it a lot, though, eating a bowl every morning. I add cinnamon and sometimes fresh fruit, as well. I love the crunchiness, low sugar, and how healthy it is. I can't imagine going back to sugar-filled cereal.
on September 20, 2010
This is a great tasting cereal with a texture similar to Grape-Nuts but with a more full bodied flavor. I enjoy it with some almond milk and a handful of nuts or fruit for variety. How great is it to get a complete protein for breakfast without having to break out the fry pan? With 8g of protein and 6g of fiber (not counting what you've poured or added to it), it's a nutritious and filling way to get your day going. Plus, you'll be able to read and pronounce everything on the ingredients list.
on November 16, 2016
love it with berries each morning. Sprouted is the way to go.
on April 26, 2009
I ordered the six box package since the reviews were almost uniformly positive. I have to admit I was somewhat disappointed after eating the first small bowl, but I think that was just because the flavor was different than I expected. At that point I was thinking that I just bought way too much of this cereal. After eating a few more bowls I've really grown to enjoy it. It's pretty amazing for a cereal with no sugar. I'm going to try some of the serving suggestions I've read in the other reviews here just to see what it's like with a touch of sweetness, but I enjoy it with just milk.