BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

This toy cell phone has been a hit with our 15 month old twin girls. They love the sounds and beeps from mashing the buttons and enjoy opening and closing it.

But, just like the smart phone the replaced my cell, there are better products out there. The Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Smilin' Smart Phone is around the same price and has a lot more music, lights and sounds to keep children engaged.

on June 4, 2010
Not that I encourage cell phone use or anything, but my 9 month old daughter loves our tv remotes, so I decided to get her a toy remote and also this toy cell phone (she hasn't gone after our phones since we don't use them much, but I figued what the heck). Well, she loves this cell phone toy more than the toy remote. We pretened to talk on it to keep her interest level up, but she finds it so much fun to open and close it that I'm not sure we really need to talk on it. When you open and close it the phone either plays a short song or says "hello" or "goodbye." It also makes the touch tone sounds when you press the numbers and has a "call" button that makes ringtones. It's a great toy! We've had it for almost a month now and my daughter still loves it, and it has held up well to sucking, chewing, dropping, and a lot of opening and closing. Not sure how educational it is? Does my kid need to learn how to use a cell phone? I guess she learns the dexterity and cause and effect of opening and closing something and having it make sounds.
on January 15, 2014
My 11-month-old is amazed with electronics, so I purchased this little phone to hopefully keep her from trying to get the REAL, expensive ones that we own.

Unfortunately, this phone did not hold her interest. I don't believe this is a fault of the product, however. My girl just has a rather short attention span, and as mentioned previously, she has a "thing" for the real electronics. It's no wonder she'd rather go for my cell phone than a toy phone.

What I liked most about this product is the durability. My daughter can be rough with her toys (and she also has a big brother who can be equally, if not more rough). This little phone, however, was made to withstand the "exploration" of a strong 11-month-old baby girl.

It's not very educational. It seems to be more for exploring than learning.

The reason I gave the product 3 stars is because it's not particularly eye-catching, and my daughter can't figure out how to open it. She may be young, but she has no issues opening toy laptops or other toy electronics, but she just can't seem to get this one. It doesn't latch or anything, but the hinges make it difficult to get the hang of.

I would recommend this product to those with children who are easily amused--my daughter is not. Be aware, though, that you'll likely have to help your child open it every time they slam it shut and begin to cry because they can't open it back up.
on February 9, 2017
This toy arrived after about a month directly from China. It didn't work. I tried to change out the batteries and it still didn't work! A total waste of money! I am very upset about this. I don't know how to return it either, so it's $22 down the drain, plus $15 more for the batteries!! I don't think Amazon should deal with this seller at all.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 3, 2015
 Very fun flip phone for little ones. As the baby opens the phone, the character changes - from a cat to dog and mouse. The sound and voice is friendly and both my kids loved this phone when they were babies. The battery lasts a long time and the durability is very high. After two kids going through this phone, it still works and remains intact. Recommended.
on September 19, 2011
I have this phone and while the actual phone is still intact, and the pictures still work, the electronics broke after about 4 or 5 months of use... now it only beeps and doesn't make any other sounds. I am a speech therapist and do take it with me in my car from home to home but I don't believe this toy underwent any real abuse. I used to have a Playskool toy phone that lasted forever but unfortunately I left it somewhere.

When it did work I didn't like the songs too much. One of the songs is "Hickory Dickory Dock" but it plays such a short portion that you can't really sing along. The other one is "This Old Man" which doesn't seem to be very popular these days, at least not for 2 year olds, so the songs weren't very helpful in my work. The "Hello" and "Goodbye" were good when they worked and I do like the pictures though I would have preferred a horse or something other than a mouse. (The mouse looks kind of like the cat and some kids did not know what it was.)
on August 21, 2016
GOod quality toy for a baby
on October 31, 2012
I got this for my baby because he is always crying for mine. He has it now for two weeks and he is not bored yet. On a few occasions he has even put it to his ears as if he is trying to say hello. What i really like about the phone is that it is not flimsy and has survived many drop tests. When you press the number buttons, it actually sounds like when you are dialling. I was hesitant to purchase when i was reading the other reviews as one had said that it is somewhat hard for their baby to open the phone, but my baby doesnt have that problem. He opens and close it repeatedly with ease. Best of all though it is not too loud so it doesnt annoy me :)
on July 9, 2014
This was one of my son's favorite toys, and we buy them for everyone who has a new baby.
on March 22, 2012
I bought this phone for my 6 month old since he's always grabbing for my phone. I wouldn't expect a 6 month old baby to care much about the details but this toy is just defective in so many ways. The first thing I noticed is that the button pad is kind of loose, so when you push one button all of them go down. There are no numbers or letters. When you shut the phone and open it again, there are 3 different characters. But they are on a rolling system and it's constantly getting stuck in the middle where you see half cat and half dog. Lastly, the age is 6 months +, but this thing is so bulky my son can hardly hold it! I would not recommend this toy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question