Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 322 reviews
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2013
My dog stopped eating his dry "crunchy" food. It may be related to his teeth. There's no way to tell. He was not enjoying his food unless it had something (oatmeal, fish oil, scrambled eggs) poured over the top of the "crunchy food". Even though he wasn't happy with the food, he was also gaining weight.

The veterinarian suggested that I might want to try this. It was a huge success. It's easy to just open a can and put it in his dish. It disappears almost instantly and he hints around that he wouldn't mind having more. He L-O-V-E-S this stuff!!! One drawback is, he wakes me up earlier, runs outside, and comes back in almost instantly because he's ready for breakfast. I'm happy to wake up early and get his breakfast for him because he's so excited about it, a new thing for him.

It has an acceptable turkey smell. The beef version smells pretty good too. I usually can't tolerate the canned food smell, but these work for me. They certainly work for Baron, my dog. It appears to be much more nutritious than what I had been giving him. All-in-all, this is a good solution for us.

EDITED to add that Baron's coat is now shiny. The veterinarian even took pictures of him because he has lost the excess flab and his arthritis is bothering him less than it had been. All-in-all, this has been a big winner for Baron. I recommend it!
on August 20, 2017
I ordered this to add to my dog's food dish to help him eat his food. He is getting very old and has difficulty chewing all the dry food so I originally ordered a stew. The stew was perfect for mixing in with the dry food to coat it and make it easier for him. When I ordered this, I obviously did not look at the picture closely or read the contents carefully because this is more like a "hash" consistency and very thick and pasty. While the dogs like it, it does not fulfill the original purpose and I am not able to mix it into his food as readily. I will donate the remainder to our local animal shelter and re-order the stew.
on October 30, 2015
I only feed my dogs Hill's Science Diet.

For years, it has been the staple of my Cocker Spaniel's diets. I've moved to the wet food mixed in with the kibble to keep the weight on my 15 year old and he loves it.

Once your dog gets accustomed to eating Science Diet, they will look at you like you are crazy if you put anything else in their bowl. The few times I have ran out and purchased other food to get through the night, they will not eat it. I've never had a dog not live a long, healthy life eating Hill's as their exclusive diet, and recommend their products to anyone who truly considers their animals to be a part of their family, not just pets.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 21, 2017
I've tried many dog can food and this one seems to be more of the lower quality side, even with higher price. My dog usually love their "gourmet day" (a day of 2 canned meals), but they are not excited about this one at all. Their demeanor really changed, which kinda amazed me cause my dogs eats and loves everything!

Anyway, maybe it's just not suitable for my dogs but the ingredients on this one is not all healthy too. So, I'm overall just very disappointed with Hill's Science.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 17, 2017
This is the only dog food my very senior dogs will eat (17 and 16 years old) and have healthy stools. I order regularly from Amazon since Petsmart no longer carries the product. However, my most recent shipment had extremely red-colored dog food and my dogs had extremely reddish poops. It almost looks bloody but I know it is the food. It looks completely different from what they have had in the past 17 years of their lives so I am concerned about what I am getting? is it the real food or a fake? Has something changed in the manufacturing? Has anyone else experienced or noticed this?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2017
The dog food was so dry I could not mix it into the kibbles for my picky senior beagles who won't eat dry food without wet food added to it. I wanted something age suitable and conveniently delivered to my door - i did receive that. But I will not purchase again. I donated 1/2 the case just to get finished with it so I could buy another brand that was easier to mix 2 times a day. Therefore with that being said, I do not recommend this brand/type of canned dog food.
on June 15, 2017
I've had every dog I've ever had on this food. My last 4 dogs lived to be over 18 years of age. I don't care what people say about Science Diet. My dogs and cats are proof enough to me that the food is good. All of my cats have lived to be 19+ years. Their fur is soft and shiny and their health has been the best I could hope for with the exception of old age ailments such as kidney disease and a couple that got cancer at a very old age.
on December 31, 2015
My 13 year old German shepherd mix was on the ID diet for GI issues, and I was looking to transition her off into something cheaper. This is the same company that makes it, so it has a similar formulation. The price here is about the same as your local Petco or Petsmart most likely (at least here in AZ), but occasionally this goes on sale for $16-18, so we stock up.

Honestly, every dog is different in terms of what they like eating and what they can handle, so it's usually worth going to your local store, picking up a few different types, and seeing what they like. But I have no issues with this food and it works well with my dog.
on August 1, 2017
My dog has enjoyed Science Diet kibble for years.
Last week he required oral surgery, where his surgeon instructed us to give him wet food for the next couple of months.
He's a giant breed, we were instructed to give him 3 cans throughout the day.
I bought two twelve packs (case) at the local chain pet supply store for $60, Amazon delivered the twelve packs (case and a half) for the same price.
on June 28, 2017
Really disappointed to see this is advertised as the Chicken and Barley Entrée when Amazon ships the Gourmet Chicken Entrée instead. Unfortunately, my dog is intolerant to something in the Gourmet Chicken Entrée option. This should be fixed on the website to be clear the product has been switched.