Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: US Forge 400 Welding Gloves Lined Leather, Blue - 14"
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on January 11, 2013
he good: These gloves are sold at a great price from Amazon (got mine for only $11), and they do a great job of blocking heat. I use them for loading wood into my stove and handling the damper on the stovepipe, and I feel no heat whatsoever. With my regular gloves, my hands would feel like they were on fire, if there was a hot bed of coals. The material seems to be well made and durable (I will update if there are any issues with longevity). The length is also very good, providing ample protection of the wrist and lower forearm (anything longer would be unwieldy, so I'm glad I didn't buy the longer ones). So for the most part, these gloves are fantastic. However, there is...

Some bad: These are only available in one size for some reason, and that size is LARGE. I would be a medium, so these gloves are way too big for me. Since I only use them when I'm loading the stove, they're fine, even though the size is not ideal. However, there is no way I would want to try welding with these, because there is too much extra finger room, limiting my mechanical dexterity. This is something to definitely keep in mind, if you're purchasing these for the purpose of welding, or will need to do some kind of work that requires good dexterity. Different sizes should be available! Also, the color is nowhere near what they manufacturer posted for a photo. This isn't a huge deal, so long as you don't mind bright, royal blue gloves, but this product inaccuracy is frustrating. Finally, these gloves are made in China, which I feel is deceptive, since the company goes by the name of "U.S. Forge". They further hide their origin by printing this nugget of information on a tiny tag way up inside of the glove... it wasn't easy to find or read (this is also where the size is revealed). This information is not printed anywhere on the big piece of cardboard that keeps the gloves attached, although they did find the time to print "U.S. Forge" all over it in huge text.
33 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2010
These gloves are used with an everyday welder, found that they are strong, and last quite sometime. So far they show little ware, even the left hand glove which holds the welding item. Very nice product, will purchase again when it is time.
on June 3, 2015
I'm ready to replace my grilling gloves and found that I purchased these from Amazon in August 2012. I've used them almost daily since then both in the kitchen and at the grill. I didn't realize they were almost three years old. One of them was left out in rain and snow and basically lost for months. It's stiff, brittle and unusable. The other is still in excellent shape and shows no sign of needing replacement.

The double stitching in the palm is in good shape and all the rest of the seams show no sign of wear. The fingers are blackened from heat and probably grease but show no signs of wearing out. The gauntlet extends about 6" from my wrist up the arm. I think this is fine for the grill.

The gloves hold up well to high grill temps even allowing me to move some of the coals around without discomfort.

The pictures I added show the cosmetic beating the gloves have taken and how well they physically stood up to regular use. The fist shows the glove is still pretty flexible.

I'm about to order up a new set.
review image review image review image
on December 3, 2010
I got these for use around the wood stove and for occasional dutch oven cooking over a campfire. Nice heavy gloves that completely protect wrists and lower arms. For these uses, glad I didn't get the 18" extra length which would be clumsy and not really needed. Bright blue - not the steel gray/blue shown. Compare these $11 gloves to those costing as much as 4x more from "upscale" vendors and you will see what a good deal they are. Much better made/more comfortable than fireplace gloves at local hardware store and a few dollars less.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2010
was not expecting much for the price, but was surprised to find the gloves are really nice! The leather is a generous thickness and the lining is comfortable and seems to breathe well. I was debating spending a bit more, there are a ton of options on amazon. I think I made a good buy on these. Glad I decided not to spend more.

UPDATE 4/3/2016

These gloves are still holding up just fine years later! No holes, no thin spots, nothing to gripe about. Perfect pair for those of us who use a welder around the garage or shop as needed. highly recommended!
on January 8, 2011
I bought these to use for our woodstove and they're great! I can touch the stove when it's very hot and rearrange burning logs without any threat of burning my hands. The only thing I would note is that the color is significantly brighter than the photo - they're a bright cobalt blue.
on September 23, 2011
So I ordered these gloves because they seemed like a good price for 11 doll hairs and free shippin. So I got them in and they look a little different from the picture. I guess because mine a re like a bright blue, and the pic I originally seen was like a black. Other than that the gloves are wonderous.

Now I will share a secret, my father welds a lot and he likes THIN gloves, so he mentioned he didn't like them as much... HOWEVER I like full protection, and they are super comfy... I personally dont mind they are thicker. My father DID mention that he does get burned a lot more with his THINNER gloves, and it would be nice to have a thicker set, except that his preference is THINNER gloves.

SO... If you like thicker gloves, I would reccomend these super comfy gloves. THey just might not be the color you see in the picture, BUT i think the text does say blue.

I have used them for about 5 hours now and I am in love with them...Im sure someone will find somethign to compalin about, BUT I dont see what it could be. Love them..
on September 19, 2012
I'm no welder. I got these to handle hot coals and burning logs and they work very well for that. They cover my forearms too. The lining makes them a little toasty in the summer but I'm not wearing them around town... yet.
on October 11, 2010
These gloves are really nice. They're super comfortable, big enough, and do well at keeping the heat out. They're more bright of a blue than is in the picture and it's a little too much blue but just use them for a little bit and you'll pick up some black soot :)
on February 3, 2012
I use these in my fireplace and can literally grab a burning log if needed. They're nice and thick and come about half-way up my forearms. I'd describe the finger length as medium. I have fairly short fingers and have a bit of room left. My only complaint, and the reason I docked a star, is that these gloves are obnoxiously blue. The photo is way off. In fact, I'll try to post a photo. I'd much prefer the advertised color, but in this case function is more important than form.
review image