Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Office Product|Change

Showing 1-10 of 465 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 502 reviews
on September 30, 2015
I like self-sealing envelopes to save me the hassle of using glue or tape so I thought this would be a great buy. Unfortunately, I got what I paid for. These envelopes are like something you would find in a 99cent store, it's so thin! I put my bill inside the envelope and you can read right through it. I am a frugal person, I don't expect fancy quality and I love great deals but these envelopes are not usable for me! I send a lot of checks and I know for a fact my envelopes will get ripped open if someone can see through them. Also, because it's so thin, it rips very easily.

You can already feel it's bad quality just by touching it. It feels like parchment paper. Whereas better quality envelopes feel like printing paper. I do not recommend this, it is better to go buy in person at a nearby store. Or order something that's not Mead brand.
on January 19, 2016
Didn't realize that these aren't security envelopes until I received them. You can see straight through them.
review image
on February 18, 2012
After the envelope is sealed, it can be opened with ease. Even if I ran the side of a pencil over the seal many times with pressure, I could still open the envelope (without tearing the envelope at all). And then I could re-seal it without evidence it was opened. I didn't steam it or anything spy-like, I just peeled it open.

I'm not complaining about the company or that I was mislead. I noticed the box doesn't make any claim about the envelopes being secure. The envelopes are exactly what they say they are - "Press-it and Seal-it". But it is just sealed until someone peels it open at the same place you sealed it.

I'm sure the envelope will remain sealed unless someone opens it. In other words, if you're not concerned about security, they are fine.
on February 4, 2016
I have no problem giving an item 5 stars for doing what it is designed to do, considering the item's cost. However, when that item is different than what a reasonable person expects, I can't rate the product highly unless the 'deficiency' is clearly noted int he product title.

These are extremely thin envelopes, which the product title should indicate. At the very minimum, the 20 lb weight should be mentioned in the title. I barely ever use envelopes any more, maybe once or twice a month, so I have no idea if these envelopes really are 20 lb, but I can tell you that they are way thinner than any other envelope I have used before.
on June 1, 2016
Comparing these to envelopes from Staples. The paper weight is definitely lighter (i.e. thinner) than Staples. The peel off adhesive strip is also thin compared to Staples. All in all, a cheaper made envelope/ That being said, it does the job for basic mailing and its very inexpensive. If you were mailing something heavier or a lot of thick papers, I might be a little concerned it would tear.
on August 12, 2016
To be clear, I will not buy these again. I think the envelopes at Dollar General are probably better. These envelopes are thin, with a tear off adhesive strip. The adhesive is pretty much ok. It does not cover the entire lip of the envelope leaving a large gap that can get caught in USPS sorting machines. The result is that I have to seal the edges with tape. Today, because of the poor seal, I had to return home from a business to apply tape and then drive to the inconveniently located post office.

Save yourself!
on September 6, 2016
I bought these to ship out small stickers to people around the world. If you have a small product that you need to ship out quickly, and aren't concerned about people seeing in the envelope from the outside - then these are for you. Do be aware, there is no security print and you can fairly easily see into the envelope. Furthermore it leaves a very small gap that is not sealed. For my needs this worked just fine - but I could imagine how some people may not like the "flimsy nature" of the bad boys.
on May 22, 2016
Made in USA.

These envelopes are as basic an envelope as they can get. I would suggest not sending any sensitive information in them as they are very easy to read through. The adhesive leaves a good 3/4'' open at each end, I had to use tape to seal a few.

If sending basic stuff, that is not a security concern, or has small pieces in it, these work.
on February 25, 2017
Love these envelopes and will definitely buy more in the future. I hate licking envelopes, and these solve that with ease. Other reviews seem to bash these because they're not security envelopes, nor are they advertised as such--they're plain ol' envelops with a peel/stick back. If you want security envelopes, then simply search "security envelopes" and add those to your cart...easy. Otherwise, grab these!
on July 27, 2015
This product is amazing. I put pieces of paper into these "envelopes" and then write some words on the front. After that I put a little sticker with a picture of a flag or U.S. President on the front and drop the whole thing in a metal box by the road. Then via some unknown force, the "envelope" appears someplace else a few days later. Conversely, from time to time when I open that same metal box by the road there are "envelopes" that I did not put there and those contain papers that are meant for me to read. Who knows where technology will take us next.