Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 496 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 536 reviews
on August 12, 2016
To be clear, I will not buy these again. I think the envelopes at Dollar General are probably better. These envelopes are thin, with a tear off adhesive strip. The adhesive is pretty much ok. It does not cover the entire lip of the envelope leaving a large gap that can get caught in USPS sorting machines. The result is that I have to seal the edges with tape. Today, because of the poor seal, I had to return home from a business to apply tape and then drive to the inconveniently located post office.

Save yourself!
on June 1, 2016
Comparing these to envelopes from Staples. The paper weight is definitely lighter (i.e. thinner) than Staples. The peel off adhesive strip is also thin compared to Staples. All in all, a cheaper made envelope/ That being said, it does the job for basic mailing and its very inexpensive. If you were mailing something heavier or a lot of thick papers, I might be a little concerned it would tear.
on February 18, 2012
After the envelope is sealed, it can be opened with ease. Even if I ran the side of a pencil over the seal many times with pressure, I could still open the envelope (without tearing the envelope at all). And then I could re-seal it without evidence it was opened. I didn't steam it or anything spy-like, I just peeled it open.

I'm not complaining about the company or that I was mislead. I noticed the box doesn't make any claim about the envelopes being secure. The envelopes are exactly what they say they are - "Press-it and Seal-it". But it is just sealed until someone peels it open at the same place you sealed it.

I'm sure the envelope will remain sealed unless someone opens it. In other words, if you're not concerned about security, they are fine.
on February 25, 2017
Love these envelopes and will definitely buy more in the future. I hate licking envelopes, and these solve that with ease. Other reviews seem to bash these because they're not security envelopes, nor are they advertised as such--they're plain ol' envelops with a peel/stick back. If you want security envelopes, then simply search "security envelopes" and add those to your cart...easy. Otherwise, grab these!
on April 20, 2016
uh oh...TAX TIME and I didn't have enough envelopes so I went to my buddy "Amazon' and looked for the cheapest but hopefully well made self adhesive envelopes and got them in no time. They are a bit thin but they do have the self adhesive advantage (hate licking envelopes) and they were just fine so if you need some extra-the price was fair and now I can breathe should I ever have to mail anything again.....hmmm....do people still mail stuff? LOL
on December 20, 2016
Not bad for the price but, if humidity gets to them, they cannot be used in a printer. I don't like to pen addresses onto envelopes when sending letters to clients or government agencies so, I insert them into the printer to print the addresses onto them. Unfortunately, humidity got to them and they became flimsy and wrinkly.
on September 19, 2016
What can you say about an envelope?? It holds its contents, looks nice and clean. The best part is this envelope does not require you to lick the glue to seal it. Someone once told me that envelope glue has rat poop in it and ever since then, I think about that when I lick an envelope!! If you buy these envelopes, you don't have to lick 'em.........that's a good thing.......
on October 15, 2016
For the price paid, I don't expect amazing quality. But they are incredibly thin like printer paper. It is fine for a letter, but if you are mailing anything sensitive, you can see it clearly inside.
on February 8, 2016
Very see through.. See pic. Otherwise it works like an envelope should.
review image
on June 25, 2017
The "seal it" band is a little on the thin side and does not extend to the bottom of the flap. This allows the bottom of the flap to be pried up and somewhat easily off since the sticky band is so thin. I always apply a strip of tape to the bottom of the flap to hold it down and give it an extra bit of protection. I don't think I would buy this again.