Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 440 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 489 reviews
VINE VOICEon July 17, 2012
My little boy has this Battat toy as well as the similar products Battat Take A Part Roadster and Battat Take Apart Airplane.

In case you are trying to decide which of the Battat toys to buy, I will share our experience. All three of these toys are popular around our house and all are pretty high quality. My 3 year old son has been able to disassemble them by himself almost since receiving the toys and quickly figured out "tighten" vs "loosen" on the drill. Regarding the Battat Take-A-Part Roadster, 22 Pcs and the Battat Take-A-Part Airplane, after quite a few passes where mom or dad helped him reassemble, he can mostly do that part on his own now, too. This crane is another matter, though. It has a much more complicated design that is much less intuitive and obvious than the roadster and plane toys. Even we parents struggle a little bit with assembly of the crane.

So, if you're shopping for a 3 year old, I would say the roadster and the plane are both good choices. The crane is good too but I think most kids this age would struggle to play independently with this toy.

UPDATE DECEMBER 1 2O13: I just wanted to pop in here during the holiday shopping period to add that my boy, who is now just shy of his 5th birthday, still plays with his Battat take-apart toys periodically. Not every day, but sometimes, which is really saying something. I think the only other toys in this house that have shown the same "legs" as the Battat toys would be Duplo/LEGO bricks.
22 comments| 384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2014
Just ordered this toy twice now. The original toy and the replacement that Amazon sent since the first one didn't work are both defective. The drill only works in reverse on both toys I received so clearly this company has some quality control issues. You can still put the toy together by hand which is what I did with the first one until the replacement arrived, but the point of the toy is for your child to put it together themselves using the drill. Maybe I just received a couple of lemons, but I'm not going to try for a third.
on December 30, 2015
There are pros and cons. My son adores this. He is 3. He is, ostensibly, at the perfect age for this toy. The drill was the hit of Christmas. The truck is large and the wheels make a (horrible) clattering on the wood floors which is a huge bonus to the ears of a babe. He was fixated with this and happy as could be all around.

The cons: A child who is best suited to the size and simplicity of these particular nuts/bolts is also way too young to exercise any ability to not immediately lose them from one end of the house to the other. The truck begins falling apart when just wheeled around. That is NOT a con by the way, it is supposed to do that. The nuts/bolts do not tighten down obviously, they're meant to be screwed and unscrewed by tiny humans. But it also means that said pieces fall off all over and you, as the parental unit, are obliged to crawl around looking for them every few minutes.
on September 14, 2014
Someone gave this to us as a gift. We took it out and realized that it had been a previous return. Some of the parts had been partially assembled. We quickly realized the reason for the prior return - the power drill that it comes with was broken. We returned it and got another. This one was clearly new. The power drill, however, stopped working after only a couple uses. We will not be buying products from this manufacturer again.
on August 11, 2013
we just got the take apart crane for my 3-year old just 3 days ago, and we are already huge fans! at first i was skeptical that he would understand that he needs to take it apart and put it back together. i thought he would just enjoy the crane bc he's very much into trucks right now. but he figured it out very quickly. on day 3, he's able to put 90% of it back together! it's really great for improving fine motor skills, and concentration. i'm really impressed with how his holding of the drill has improved in just days, and his ability to change the settings.

he got so many toys for Eid but this has been by far his favorite and most one that has kept him busy. can't wait to get the rest of them, and i'm so glad to hear from other reviewers that the interest doesn't get lost over the years.
on July 2, 2014
These are the BEST toys for the 3 and above crowd!! We got my son the "TAke Apart 4X4" Vehicle this past Christmas when he was just over 3. and he STILL plays with it almost daily! so we ordered him the crane, too. The screws / screwdriver are the perfect size for him to use. and he loves that he can pick and change the "bit", too depending on what part hes putting in... Just like daddy's tools! He doesn't seem to get tired of assembling and reassembling it. And the quality is very good- as I said, the 4X4 truck has been played with daily for months, and is still in great shape.
I really like that its a toy that makes him think, and use his hands.... not one he just "zones out" with.
I would say just be careful that there are a lot of smaller parts, if you have younger children in the house. other than that, I don't think you can go wrong ordering one of these toys!
on April 4, 2014
I bought this for my four year old cousin. He's so passionate about cars and take-apart toys. The moment he unwrapped it, he was so excited to get started on it. With a little help the first time putting the toy together, he now has the hang of it and can finish the project himself. Parts of the crane sometimes fall off -- maybe 1 out of 10 times -- when the crane is in motion but it's okay; it's plastic anyways. For the most part, the pieces fit together nicely and are easy to screw on. With the power screwdriver included with the purchase, the project is much more exciting. As a puzzle made for toddlers, the level of difficulty is reasonable and does not require a ton of patience. Not only does my four year old cousin love it, but so do my seven year old and ten year old. I recommend this product for kids who enjoy puzzles and construction. The kids don't seem to get bored even after a dozen round of taking it apart and putting it back together.
on January 3, 2014
this toy is built to a very sturdy 'rough & tough' standard that absorbs the hard play of a 3 year old. There were a few pieces, but not too many, and so the frustration level was very low ---- our grandson enjoyed the experience of assembling and tearing down the truck using the 'power drill' without great difficulty or boredom. Some of the plastic nuts / bolts had vestiges of the molding process so I recommend running these in & out by hand to clear the blemishes before using the power tool ----- the safety on the tool prevents complete threading of the piece if motion is impeded by a blemish on the part. In addition, I recommend exercising the power drill trigger so that operation is easy for a 3 year old. After these couple of up front precautions, the toy was enthusiastically enjoyed by our grandson. I am posting this same review for the Take-A-Part 4x4 as we bought this for grandson #2, also a 3 year old ------- another well built toy that was appreciated by our grandson.
on August 30, 2013
My 3 year old son loves construction vehicles and loves helping me build things around the house, so I felt this was a natural for a toy. after he played with it for a while, I can rate it 3 stars: the power tool didn't have the torque to put the bolts in, so he had to do it with his fingers and do the same with the nuts. It was very easy for them to loosen by themselves during pay, so I am afraid he is going to lose pieces when I am not looking. Even when securely in place, the toy seems very loose and shakey.

It is a great concept for a toy for those children that are mechanically inclined, but it needs a little finishing for it to become a 4 or 5 star. It isn't a bad price, but be careful about getting all the take-apart toys without trying one out first to make sure you and your child are happy with it.
on January 6, 2017
Our kids just love these. They are easy to take apart and put together. Teaches kids critical thinking, fine motor skills.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.