Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Flavor Name: Turducken|Change

Showing 1-10 of 769 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 855 reviews
on July 26, 2015
I HATE bugs, ABSOLUTELY hate bugs that wiggle. Don't mean to sound like a pansy here, but when I picked up a can and then saw what I thought was white mold start to move around... I stood frozen just staring for 10 seconds before I started to yell "ew" over and over until my brain could process what I had to do with this can.

When you hit review, do you guys see the review left by Koko on May 13, 2013 about checking the bottom of the cans? Or the 1 star review left by Victoria Dominguezon on April 23, 2014 with, quote, "The food was ROTTEN and had MOLD on it!" Well, everyone should hit helpful on those reviews because that is exactly the problem that I ran into today. Here is my 2015 review and hopefully in 2016 there isn't another similar review posted (for the sake of the consumer and the company). I opened my box and noticed a rancid putrid smell that I have no idea how anyone got past while organizing and boxing up my order. I checked the lids for signs of botulism (raised lids) and all the lids were fine. It was the bottom of these cans that are causing issues and I think Merrick or Amazon needs to either address how they store and ship these products, or create a new durable can with a reinforced bottom because the issue with this product is that the bottom seam splits and wrecks havoc on consumers.

I have always been a fan of Merrick, but this review is for this canned product and I would highly advise AGAINST buying this product online. Since others are speeding through the process or not even checking these cans, the best you can do is check them out for yourselves before purchasing (if you even still want to). I think I will be using another product for my puppy's kibble topper for awhile.
review image
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2015
My dog absolutely loves the Merrick Canned Dog food line, and I love them also,because it looks and smells like "real food" . My dog is 12 years old and had began to be very picky about her food, so I tried many brands until I discovered the Merrick dog food. It got her eating again and she eats every bit. My one major complaint is that the Merrick dog food cans that ship from Amazon are often dented. I have been buying them on line from Amazon, for a few months now...but every order ships with several dented cans (sometimes severely dented) In this last shipment 5 out of the 12 cans had dents, (two of them major dents and many are dented in more then one place)....Since the shipping box from Amazon always arrives in good shape, I can only assume that the cans are damaged before they are shipped out, and so they must be packaged up already damaged.... At this point I feel like the dog food is much to expensive to have it arrived damaged from Amazon. This is a complaint of many reviewers for quite awhile on Amazon, and it is a shame that the cans continue to be shipped damaged. So, I would give the food five stars for the quality of the food, but one star for continually shipping box after box of damaged cans!
on May 13, 2013
My miniature poodles love this and I have purchased it several times. However, both dogs got sick from a can of the last case. The # on the case was 1343519133-17. I thought the "girls" had eaten a lizard or something, but when I took out a new can tonight, I noticed the bottom of the can was discolored and the seam split. On inspection I saw all the cans showed signs of mold & the case had obviously been sitting in water. This is the first problem I've ever had with a Merrick product and Amazon promptly agreed to refund my money. This is probably a fluke, but BEWARE and check the cans before you use it!
22 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2015
My dog loves this food and seems to thrive on it. I mix it with Merrick dry food to bulk it up a bit and that works fine. There are two issues though that made me lower my rating. The first is that the consistency among the cans is very different. Some are mostly chunks, some are about right, and others are so liquid I have to add more dry food or it looks like soup. It makes me wonder if their production process is being properly supervised, which also raises concerns about the consistency of the ingredients. The other problem is that the cans often arrive severely dented or partially crushed. They're not getting that way during shipping because the outer carton is never damages, so either these are seconds or they're being mishandled in the Amazon warehouse. So far I haven't had any leak from the damage, but it is a concern.
on January 14, 2016
My dogs love this stuff but I'm tired of opening cans that aren't full or dented. A recent can had a bad carrot.
review image review image
on March 22, 2016
My puppy loves this food and I have been purchasing it for months now, but I am very disappointed in the condition of some of the cans. I bought a case of the puppy plate and a case of the grandma's pot pie. 24 cans in total, totaling $60. Of the 24 cans 5 were dented, probably due to the fact the box they were shipped in was in atrocious state. When paying that much for the food I expect the cans to not be dented. I don't know who's at fault, but otherwise we are very satisfied with product itself.
review image review image review image review image
on July 1, 2014
My dog absolutely loves these Brauts N Tots, absolutely. But on the last box I received every can was dented a little bit. It couldn't have happened in transit so I suspect I got the rejection cans. Never had that before. Every time I fed Clare I worried about killing her with some anaerobic bacteria. She still loves them so I'll probably buy them again but it sure would be nice if my next batch didn't have any dents in the cans. At least not in all of them.
on March 15, 2017
My boy has been on this food since he was rescued. At 10 weeks old he was horribly under weight, and by slowly adding this to his kibble in 2 weeks he was stable and each month grew 5-10 lbs until now. Buddy is 9 months old and a solid 55 lb boxer with a silky coat
review image
on December 25, 2013
My York shire terrier loves the whole chicken thigh with the bone in it. The bone is coocked so much that I cut it with a plastic spoon. No GI problem for my little dog. Down side, she only eats the chicken thigh, I discard the rest of the can food. I wish Merrick would come up with a can of only the thighs.
on March 26, 2017
I do not think anything is wrong with this food for other dogs. My dogs wouldn't eat it. I have seen other dogs love this stuff. I will try another flavor and will let you know.