Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 163 reviews
on August 18, 2016
Has anyone else noticed this problem? After subscribing to Kindle edition of the IHT since 2012, the last couple of days — Aug.17, 18, 19 and now 20 — do not appear to exist. Amazon's "help" desk has proved to be worse than useless — after an hour in "chat" sessions, I had to tell them the two editions appear to have vanished, rather than the other way around.

It's disconcerting to subscribe to something that appears to have vanished — even more so when Amazon doesn't appear to know what's going on.
on February 13, 2011
I've tried a number of outstanding newspapers on Kindle, but keep returning to the International Herald Tribune (re-named "International New York Times" in October, 2013). It's pricey, but a bit less so than its sister publication, The New York Times. (Many of the articles are the same.) The biggest differences are: The Times focuses more on domestic U.S. news, while the Tribune provides a more global perspective. And, unlike the Times, the Tribune does not publish a Sunday edition. If you tend to read your Kindle evenings, as I do, you'll appreciate that, unlike most U.S. based newspapers, the Tribune is delivered "fresh" in the evening to U.S. subscribers - normally around 8-9 PM EST. This is owing to the time differences between the U.S. and Europe (France) where the paper is based. For U.S. readers, each new edition contains a nice wrap-up of that day's major news events. There are a number of great newspapers available on Kindle. Many cost less while also publishing Sunday editions. So, the choice is not easy. Here's where I think the Tribune enjoys an edge over many competitors: (1) By its extremely well-crafted writing style, (2) Through the comprehensiveness of its articles, (3) And, in the often excellent analysis combined with the reporting - while still maintaining objectivity.
on March 20, 2013
I first discovered the International Herald Tribune many years ago when I was attending a meeting in Thessaloniki where all of the papers were written in Greek except this one. I soon discovered that it not only provided news in English but it provided good coverage of many countries around the globe.

I want to add that what Amazon and Kindle provides for me is access to any single newspaper that I might desire any day of the week. Better than a subscription to just one paper is this access to another point of view from wherever I choose.
on August 17, 2016
The content is great and top notch, and I love being able to access the International New York Times without travelling abroad, and on a daily basis. The app itself, however, is limited. It's serviceable as far as reading articles, but doing anything beyond that, such as sharing a link or accessing sources of the article, is quite limited. The 3 stars is more for the app itself than the content, while it is good, it doesn't seem to go the extra mile to make itself great. If you're after the content I guess that doesn't matter as much, as I'm still subscribed.
on June 22, 2017
Superb coverage of "all the nes that's fit to print.
Always eager to read the opeds, esp Nick Kristof.
on September 12, 2015
If you trust the NY Tames to be unbiased, you give it five stars! If you find its selections to be timed to fit political needs, give it a 3-4; if you find it to leave out important material, give it a two and be pleased that some of its stories are interesting.
on October 27, 2016
Obvious bias in many articles - what happened to objectivity? Regardless interesting when read with a grain of salt. The book reviews are good, travel section interesting. Overall, for a newspaper it is ok.
on July 18, 2015
I have been looking for in-depth, balanced news stories from around the world and this is it! I like that you can download an issue and take your time reading through the articles and then download another issue and for less than a dollar. This is really a great newspaper that gives me articles that I can't find anywhere else.
on July 9, 2012
What I enjoy about Kindle is the convenience of being able to access IHT from my reading chair, where ever it may be. What I enjoy about the IHT is the concise, efficient, readable, and informative manner of the format. I factor in political bias when reading it and just try to get the meat of each story. The stories are varied and fairly complete. When I travel, IHT on Kindle satisfies my need to read what is current.
on January 20, 2017
exceptionally good news! Have always loved it. Ever since I lived in Europe and had a subscription!