Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 8, 2012
I have been crock-potting food for my elderly dog for over a year now. She had stopped eating almost all foods we tried, except the lean meat, sweet potatoes and broccoli that I would slow cook over a day. Now, I have finally found a stew that she likes more than the crock pot stew. She literally would eat 3 times the recommended daily portions of this food if I would let her. And if I mix it in with dry food, she stealthily removes the wet from the dry leaving a bowl of dried nuggets behind. I feel really good about the nutritional content of this food, but most of all... my dog LOVES it!! I just wish it weren't so pricey. That is my ONLY complaint!
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on March 8, 2014
I don't usually leave reviews, but this time I just have to. We have a 14 year old lab mix, who had started losing weight. His dry food is Taste of the Wild High Prairie, which he had always loved, and was still eating, although his appetite was falling off. I started mixing a can of this with it and he loves it. He's enthusiastic for breakfast for the first time in a long time and his weight loss has stopped. I had tried two or three other wet foods, but they gave him terrible gas! That hasn't happened with this stuff. I highly recommend this food!
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 14, 2015
My 12 year old rescue LOVES THIS SENIOR MEDLEY!!!!!
I am sad that I am having a difficult time finding it for ordering more!.,
She will also eat Grammy Pot Pie, but the senior medley has the nutrients and she prefers the taste......
My dog approves this message!
on February 22, 2014
My dog loves Merrick canned food, so I was really happy to find it here on Amazon as part of the subscribe and save program. Although I read reviews of other flavors saying that the cans were dented, I hoped that the Senior Medley would not have the same problem. Unfortunately, it did. All but two of the twelve cans have significant dents. The worst were in the center of the package, almost like they were being hidden there(?)…They were very obviously dented before or during packaging at the manufacturer, NOT during shipping. I am very disappointed at the lack of quality control exhibited by Merrick. I certainly hope they are not knowingly supplying damaged cans to Amazon. Either way, this has certainly changed my formerly positive opinion of the company. I am returning these to Amazon, and recommend that others buy a different brand, or shop for this brand in person in order to avoid ending up with a damaged product.
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 12, 2014
My two senior dogs have turned their nose up to previous canned food. I'd started cooking for them when I tried this product as one more try. BOTH of them love it. It even smells good -- not like dog food. I'm so relieved.
2 helpful votes
on November 24, 2012
I was looking for a highly rated, high quality canned food for my 10 year old Golden - I wanted a pop top, nutritional food, and one that didnt smell like driving by a meat rendering plant on a still July morning ...

This fits the bill! The top pops easily off, no smell, rated 5 stars for nutritional value/ingredients...AND my picky dog loves it.

Overall a good choice and no more expensive having it Amazon Prime delivered then it would be in the local pet store
5 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
There is nothing wrong with this dog food as far as good ingredients but my senior Lab doesn't really seem to like it too much. He does eat it but only if I add cooked chicken or a couple of sardines to it (which he loves).
on September 10, 2014
Subscribe and Save order arrived this week. The shipping box was undamaged. Several of the cans had OLD damage. There were MAGGOTS covering the cases.
5 helpful votes
on December 15, 2012
And I like that the senior medley has a lower calorie count. I have a senior dog who also suffered from skin allergies a few years back until I changed over to grain-free. I also have to keep my dog's weight in check and have been feeding my dog grain-free products for several years. Changing over from common dog food, non grain-free food, was simple; my dog loves the taste. But finding enough variety in the local stores at a good price is not so easy. I like that I can purchase this on-line at a great price through the Amazon site. Even happier with subscribe and save option--I just set my delivery options and don't have to worry about running around town with an empty dog bowl!!!
2 helpful votes
on March 22, 2014
This is a great product - nutritious, good consistency, etc. - but shipping seems to be an issue. I had given up on ordering from a pet supply web site because of mostly dented cans arriving. Tried Amazon and first shipment seemed to be fine.
Reordered and just opened first case of 2 case order and every can but one is dented - not just slightly dented but really smashed in. If we didn't use it pretty fast, I'd return it. Guess I'll just have to see if the closest Pet Supply store can order it and drive to pick it up. (Giving a 5-star rating because the problem is not the product.)
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.