Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,918 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,251 reviews
on April 14, 2017
I'm a 19 year old dude and this is one of my favorite films of all time, having really affected who I am. Always been a history buff, and since I was a little kid I'd been fascinated by the story of the Titanic. When I first watched this film, I meant to watch it for the historical aspect, and planned to disregard the love story aspect because "that's for girls." Well, I was quite mistaken. the story and characters are excellent, and I sorta looked up to Jack as the kind of guy I wanted to be, just an all around good guy who treats everyone fairly and will do whatever it takes to protect those who need it. Using this excellently constructed character as one of my role models, I've grown from a depressed young boy with a negative outlook on life to a much more positive, happier young man pursuing a military career at a great school. Moral of the story is, "Make each day count" and I thank all who were involved in the making of this film for helping bring that message to me. If you haven't watched this movie yet, you really should. I never would've guessed spending that $19.99 would change me as a person.
When my wife and I first saw Titanic in a theater in 1997, we both had tears in our eyes as the credits rolled by on the screen. We agreed that we wanted to see the movie again, and over the years, we've probably seen it 6-8 times. The storyline, the acting, the soundtrack, and the set design and computer-generated imagery were so nearly perfect that Titanic is certainly one of the top five films of the 1990s.

The film belongs to Kate Winslet, playing society girl Rose DeWitt Bukater, and Leonardo DiCaprio, playing the poor but charming young artist Jack Dawson, who's returning to America after failing to make a go of it in France. Rose's mother has arranged her marriage to the wealthy Cal Hockley, who Rose despises, and when Rose meets Jack, the romance is on. Complications arise, however, when the ship strikes an iceberg and sinks 2½ hours later. You knew that already, of course, but what happens in the film during the final moments of the Titanic's life is nonstop action with one of the most suspenseful endings I've seen in any movie.

One feature of Amazon Instant Video that I love is X-Ray, which identifies the actors in each scene, and reveals bloopers - both factual errors and continuity errors. Titanic is full of these, which is not unexpected, since movie fans have had almost two decades to find the bloopers. That's not a criticism of the film, however, and if anything, it actually added to my enjoyment.

It's easy to see why Titanic won eleven Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director, tying it with Ben Hur for the most Oscars (11) won by a single film.
on December 7, 2016
One of THE BEST movies ever made! And how can it be improved upon? To watch it in 3D!! I have to say here, If you have 3D and you like this movie, Then you have to get it in 3D and experience it again!! Cameron's remake in 3D has gone above my expectations. Scenes are now more realistic and somehow have pulled me into the storyline like never before, and I have alway's loved this movie. I have over 30 3D titles and this is by far one of, if not THE BEST I have! A superb job was done on the 2D to 3D remastering of this title. It does not feel cheesy or appear to be a 3D remake at all. Some remakes in 3D are done poorly, this is NOT one of them. Buy it and see for yourself, you won't regret it!
on May 8, 2017
This is a return to movie making like it was(Gone With the Wind, etc.) and should be where the main focus is on acting with a close second being atmosphere/scenery with a HUGE cast. This is a love story that will make a hard heart melt and cheer for the honor of love! This film has recieved multiple awards and is considered to be one of the best and greatest movies ever made! Leonardo DiCaprio stars alongside of Kate Winslet as two people "from different worlds" that fall in love under less than desirable circumstances. The Titanic was built to withstand anything...so they thought. NEVER...EVER...say something to the effect of "not even GOD could sink this ship" which is an actual historic quote. BAD...mistake. An iceberg and trouble in the engine room proved that GOD has ways of earning respect. Or nature, if you do not believe in GOD. Human survival mixed with a love story is best how to describe this masterpiece of moviemaking. 5 stars is an insult in this case. 10 stars is more like it! Highly recommended!
on May 7, 2017
My daughters friend at school kept talking about this being her favorite movie ever. So, my daughter is only 10 years old and has never seen it and was bugging me for days to rent it. So I decided to just go on Amazon and rent it for her. She watched it over and over for the entire time of the rental. She is just in love with this incredible classic. This movie will never get old to watch. I remember watching it in the movie theater when I was my daughters age and I had a great time watching it again with my daughter!
on February 9, 2016
If you're buying this for the digital copy, be aware that it expired in 2013 and won't work.
on February 12, 2017
Oh what a wonderful movies and full of so much history of why so many people had too die. All because the Captain wanted to break some kind of record. It would seem the staff didnt have a clue what to do nor did they get message to aleart them to turn in another direction. A poor use of the commuication and the men ignored the warning, as they had been told THE TITANIC COULD NOT SINK. a SAD STORY INDEED. MOVIE IS WELL DONE AND WILL BE WATCHED FOR YEARS AND YEARS.
on September 14, 2016
I shouldn't even have to write this review, because literally everyone under God's hot Sun has seen this movie, but here goes.
This is James Cameron's Acadamy Award Winning Masterpeice Titanic. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this unforgettable tale of love and tragedy that became a world wide phenomenon. Take the journey and discover why critics declare Titanic "A magnificent motion picture that will forever remain spellbinding and timeless."
on March 14, 2017
Love this movie must have watched it 12 times when it was in the theatre and now my daughters want to watch it! I couldn't find mine so the only place I go is Amazon as the prices are fantastic! Received in 2 days and my girls have been watching it ever since with their friends and each other! Perfect quality!
on December 20, 2013
I had seen this twice before, once in a theater and once at home, but as it had been many years, the third watching was almost as enjoyable as the first. Leo and Kate were just as much fun to watch and my emotions were just as strong watching the stupid, arrogant, and negligent mistakes that were made that caused such a disaster. Also, the selfishness and lack of compassion on the part of those in the lifeboats was just as disturbing...certainly a testimony to the fallen nature of man except for the few who had mercy and cared about others besides themselves. That much of this lack of compassion was based on the artificial "barometer" of class was appalling and still is. Guess it will always be with us, sad to say.