Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on January 18, 2012
First of all, Yakima makes great products, en par (if not better) than Thule. That's why I bought their towers, clips and the corresponding cross bars for my 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST, in conjunction with their FatCat 6 ski/snowboard mount.

The only two issues I had were as follows:

1) Both crossbars, when installed according to the exact specifications, display a slight downward warping/sloping between each two towers. I reached out to Yakima's excellent customer service, and after they checked with their fit team, I was assured that this is quite normal for some car models, depending on a variety of installation variables. This put me at ease, and, functionally, there is nothing wrong with them and the sloping doesn't bother me anymore.

2) The recommended distance between the front towers and the rear towers is only 20 inches for my car model. This is quite a short distance, and it makes putting long skis on the ski mount difficult. No problem for snowboards, but skis have been an issue for me. Yakima customer service insisted that I should not deviate from the recommended 20 inch distance, and recommended that I should be using their stretch kit if I require a wider space between the front and rear. This kit costs upwards of 100 dollars and looks a little bit like a kludge to me.

My recommendation is to download the installation and fitting instructions for your car model first to see what the distance between the front and rear towers (and, consequently, the crossbars) will be, to see if it fits your needs. I would say that 20 inches is the absolute minimum, and doesn't work for all purposes.

Hope this helps someone. Rest assured that whatever issue you might be having with Yakima products, their superb customer service will be getting it right for you. At least that was my experience.
on June 26, 2013
My old rack that I have been storing for the last few years in the attic has a new job. I purchased it for an 03 Avalon carrying snowboards and was able put it back to use for carrying my kayak on my 2010 VW Jetta. I'm very grateful to Yakima for making this kit available in pieces so I didn't have to start from scratch.
Speaking of scratch, I think these clips may have put one or two on the Jetta where they meet the roof. Not big, not terrible, probably not even noticeable if you're not looking for them.
on January 10, 2013
I could not find this in previous reviews, and the product information on this was less than helpful. I ended up buying one box because it was not clear to me how many clips came in a box. The answer is two - at least for the Q128. I haven't installed on my VW CC yet, as I now have an order in for a second box. Anyway - submitted this feedback to Amazon. Note that the box clearly indicates a pair once you get it; however the generic picture on the site doesn't (understandably you get a generic image since there are a multitude of models).
on June 25, 2014
I really liked how easy it was to install these clips and put it on the car. I did forget to put the rubber tape on the edge so I scratched my car a little (Don't forget the rubber tape!). After this I have had no problems with hot weather, heavy bike loads or heavy winter snow and ice. it will stay on the car and it won't budge.
on May 10, 2013
Q clips. Not sexy. Not even pretty. Just bent, painted pieces of metal essential to attach your Q-towers to your car. They work, and they work marvelously well.
on February 14, 2015
Just perfect fit and fast delivery
on January 28, 2013
Bought these clips for my 97 Honda Civic. Easy to install and my rack stays secure while hauling two bikes. Very pleased.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.