Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,814 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,947 reviews
on April 18, 2016
You Will Not Find A More Perfect Movie. Period.

There is no defeating The Goonies. It is a masterpiece. Action and comedy, rolled into a tiny ball of joy. Ready to be consumed at any time. You cannot go wrong. EVERYONE should own a copy of The Goonies. EVERYONE. This movie never says die. It's their time. That's all over when you take a ride up Troy's bucket.

No animals were harmed in the making of this review. If you like my review, I like you back. If you want me to like you even more or if my review saved your life or your marriage or something cool like that, feel free to click the little button saying my review was helpful. Thank you. @Chyld
on April 13, 2016
I'm in my 30's and The Goonies was a pretty huge movie when I was a kid. To this day, it is still one of my favorites! My teenagers have all seen it and they love it just as much as I do, but my 9 year old daughter mentioned the other day that she had never seen it!! Um, excuse me?! How did I let this happen???

Most of my older DVDs ended up scratched or missing (thanks, kids!) so I hopped online to order another copy. My new copy of The Goonies arrived yesterday so you better believe we watched it last night after dinner. My husband was at work but I gathered up the kids and we all watched it together. The older ones had seen it many times, but they were still excited to watch it again. My 9 year old daughter LOVED it! She was so happy that I purchased the Blu-ray rather than just renting it online. Now she can watch it anytime.

Yay, score one for Mom! :)
on October 10, 2012
I pre-ordered this off of Amazon. Why it doesn't show that I purchased it is beyond me. Anyhow, the packaging is great. I wish more movies got this kind of treatment for their Blu-Ray release, Ghostbusters, Big Trouble In Little China and Die Hard really should have gotten this kind of treatment. The box for the 25th anniversary of The Goonies is great, the inside cover has the map to the treasure of One Eyed Willie, there is a board game it comes with, a press release kit recreation that was shrunk down and some other goodies. The overall presentation of this is stellar. They really couldn't have done a better job. I have heard some complaints about the transfer but I think it looks borderline immaculate. There is no DNR, not too many soft edges, no muddy images, it looks sharp and crisp and retains a lot of the original film grain. There's a decent amount of special features and I am really glad I got this, it's well worth the price. If you grew up with this movie and are a fan, you need this. Thankfully they still haven't made a sequel to this like they have talked about. Sequels suck folks, If you don't believe me, look at what those Hollywood Dougs did with Ghostbusters, because Ghostbusters 2 is one of the worst sequels ever. It completely undermines the first film (which is a modern masterpiece of cinema) and isn't a good movie in any way, shape or form. I just hope they don't try and squeeze more money out of the Goonies by making some crappy, forced sequel. This movie is one of the best ever made, they won't ever make a better kids movie that plays up the magic that all kids movies should have without going too overboard. You need to own this on Blu-Ray.
This blu-ray of a classic is worth the upgrade. The picture is stunning on my plasma and I see details that weren't there the first time around and the sound is great! If you haven't seen this (and I don't know how that could have happened) share it with the kids or grandkids cause it's great fun with a wonderfull cast that Donner really knew how to draw out! Anne Ramsey hit the jackpot late in life with this and Throw Mama From The Train...and then passed on...so this and Mama are the only two roles you can really share her with your family from. With Spielberg producing, Chris Columbus writing and Richard Donner directing it really is quintessential
family entertainment and features some child actors you may have heard of: Josh Brolin, Sean Astin and Corey Feldman among others. It's coming out the same week as the fourth Pirates movie so get them both and make a double feature out of it. You'll be hard put to get the kids to say which one they like most.
on May 13, 2001
Steven Spielberg has been able to remain in touch with his inner child and he obviously has been able to find a simpatico match with others, as evidenced by most of the reviews for this movie.I must admit I'm slightly prejudiced because I only live 35 miles from Astoria and have seen most all of the places where the movie was filmed many times. Knowing that, it isn't "just a movie". Like so many others, I dreamed of fighting pirates and bad guys when I was a kid, and this movie spoke to that child in me who still exists. Every time I drive by Goonie house, I almost expect to see someone sliding across a wire from one house to the next, or old lady Fratelli breaking her boys from the jail. (It's still there for all to see.)That's the fun part about movies. Was it really real? Who cares. It was fun, wasn't it? That's all that counts. I'm really looking forward to seeing this on DVD. I'm sure my boys (who are both adults now) will too. Maybe I'll have them and their kids over that weekend and we'll relive the fun anew with the grandkids.
on March 22, 2017
My grandson enjoyed the "take apart" car so much. It keeps him busy fo a while. I love seeing his title mind thinking as he builds the car good for his imagination!!! I worked for 25 years for a popular toy co. I know my toys this is a good one. If only you would have added the possibility to also buy a case to keep all of the parts in. You could also offer the ability to purchase addition style of tires or parts to build a different car out of the same basic body
on March 14, 2017
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I am so glad it was on prime video so I could share with my kids. They loved it too and we are close enough to Astoria to do a tour of movie sites. My 5 year old was a little more scared than I expected, and the pranks of the teens were a little horrifying for my sweet-natured kids...
This movie is a kids classic! Think about "The Sandlot" where young boys seem to find themselves in trouble and find a way to scramble themselves out of it. Funny, has sentimental meaning, everything. Too bad they don't make movies like this anymore.
on September 26, 2015
This movie is a classic, and by far one of my favorite movies of all time. You will love the adventure that the goonies take you on. From the Truffle Shuffle to watching One-Eyed Willy sail off into the sunset, this movie truly is a winner. A reason most fans will agree, Goonies Never Say Die!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
This movie is family friendly and great fun. Even though I am WAY past the target audience, I still love the story... a bunch of kids... some scary bank robbers, jail break... a pirate treasure map and pirate booty.... so so special effects... but who cares... it is STILL great fun to watch.